“Lovely hotel, if you want 5 star than pay more for another hotel!!!”

Verginia Sharm Resort
Ranked #164 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Leeds
“Lovely hotel, if you want 5 star than pay more for another hotel!!!”
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I thought the hotel was beautiful, large rooms with large balcony overlooking the pool!! Aircon and safe included and towels provided at the pool! Yes the food is not great but there is always something to eat, breakfast has plenty to choose from with an egg station so you can have fried eggs ommeletts etc. I personally ate out every night as I always prefer to eat out, for what you pay for all inclusive at this hotel it is still worth it!! Plastic cups are provided which are small - but if you are polite and TIP then you will get great service and a glass half pint glass!!

I really enjoyed my holiday and glad that I stayed at Verginia Sharm - when I go back to Egypt I would happily stay here again!! Quad biking and snorkelling is a must!!!! Its expensive to book through the rep - we paid £10 for Quad biking and £15 for snorkelling at a place 5 min walk away!!

When I read the reviews after I had booked the holiday I was really concerned, I made the most of the holiday and really enjoyed it!! I'm a 23 yr old female and travelled with my partner, parents and 10 yr old brother - Hope this helps!! : )

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
15 Thank TweetyLeeds

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Cheshire UK
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Tricia.

I like others who have left a review about this hotel have never complained before I usually just put up with things as I don't like to make a fuss. However on this occassion I felt I had to let other would be visitors to this hotel be made aware of how awfull it actually was.
We arrived at 9pm and checked in we were taken to our room by a nice man who carried our cases for us. The room was very basic but seemed OK. There was no food as the resturaunt closed at 9pm

We unpacked and then went to get a drink from the bar. The waiter behind the bar was quite stressed but served us a beer which was in the smallest plastic cup I have ever seen. When it was stated in the information given to us we should have had a glass. Another guest who was not all inclusive asked for a glass of wine and was charged nearly £9 When he complained about this to the waiter he was very rude and said it was not expensive that was the price.

We were ignored when waiting to be served while other people were served before us who had quite clearly come to the bar behind us. Our our first day we went to the canteen, it could not be called a restuarant it wasn't particularly clean and very dissapointing. We had an omelete which was cooked fresh at the station and some toast no butter. Not too bad, tea and coffee were provided. we went to see the pool which I didn't think was too clean it looked quite dirty in fact. We went to the pool bar and were completley ignored even though there were no other people waiting to be served.The overall look of the hotel is not too bad but the food is the one thing that lets this hotel down badly. We are open to trying different food but some of this food was just awfull. Especially after other guests had taken from the buffet there was no one there to look after the food to fix the plates. Plates were chipped and we had to go through them to find one that was not. There was no order to the way guests took their food and it was a nightmare to get to the buffet without people comming from the back of you to get their food with no manners at all. The food station was placed near to a wall so people came from both ends causing chaos in the middle.
There were no snacks provided in the morning or afternoon unless you can count a plate of very small cakes which were brought up from the kitchen on a dinner plate, on the second day we were there. This was supposed to feed the hotel guests who were all inclusive. When I asked about this the barman told us that this was the snack. I have never seen anything like it in all my life. And considering we had no lunch as I couldn't face the mayhem in the canteen It just wasn't acceptable.
We asked our rep about moving from the hotel as I could not stay there a moment longer everyone we spoke to had been very poorly with stomach problems especially a couple who were on their Honymoon and they then had to go to Narma bay every day to eat as the food had become even worse. This hotel was sold to us as a 4 star hotel but I would only rate it as a 1 star.Bar Staff were extremely rude, the English are not catered for in any way shape or form, unless you complain and then you will be offered burgers and pizza and a glass to have your drinks. I do not eat this type of food at home and I certainly didn't want it whilst on holiday in what was supposed to be a four star hotel.
We were moved at a cost to another hotel The Rehanna Resort Hotel and Spa which was a five star hotel and we just could not believe the difference between the two hotels. We were in Paradise. We were greeted by the waiter of the bar with a fruit cocktail which was in a large glass and with a very large smile which was fantastic. We moved with another couple from the Virginia Sharm and the following day were joined by yet another couple.
In all Four couples asked to leave the Virginia Sharm. We travelled on the 6th of September 2011 and only lasted two nights at this hotel. I would not recommend this hotel as our experience was one of the worst I have ever had whilst on holiday. I am just glad we were only there for two nights and our actual holiday only started when we were moved to the Rehanna Royal where we had an absolutley amazing holiday.
Egypt is beautifull and I would go back again, but definatley not to the Virginia Sharm... I would say however the boy who cleaned our room and the guys around the pool were polite and friendly. But Barstaff definatley were not...

7 Thank Patricia C

Travellers are raving about these Sharm El Sheikh hotels

Eastbourne, Uk
Reviewed 1 October 2011

I went with my partner from 22/9-29/9 - Were 26 and pretty laid back, we dont moan&are not terribly fussy...however this hotel requires a good moan...
When we arrived the hotel had an issue finding our reservation...this resulted in us waiting 40minutes for the incompentent, unproffesional staff to sort out...on the first day the padlock on my suticase had been tampered with, the key broke in the lock when we tried to open it&we had to break our suitcase to get into it...for the rest of the holiday we had to keep all our valuables with us.
1.Staff- they were ignorant (waiting at an empty bar for 10mins while they faf about behind it ignoring you is unacceptable), rude and stare at all the women (i have never felt like such a piece of meat, you expect it from the locals but hotel staff should have some courtesy&not look you up&down constantly).
Restaraunt staff-staring at you the whole time you eat. Butter-you had to ask for some everyday&staff were always funny with you for asking.

2. Room- room was relatively tidy&we had a large balcony. Bathroom- mouldy, filthy shower which had a broken base which resulted in a "swimming pool" on the floor everytime you showered.

3.Hotel grounds- the hotel generally looked tidy. the pool was ok, but up close it was dirty-bits of dirt and white flake looking bits floating around, it also appeared to have way too much chlorine(everyones eyes were stinging after 10mins of being in it) and the grills around it were un even and waiting for an accident to happen.

4. Food- ok so for all inclusive this is the most important thing right??!! well.....
Drinks- these are served in plastic party cups-you'd need at least 4 to fill a pint glass but can only get 2 drinks at a time.
Food- this was disgusting, cold slop that I wouldnt even feed a dog...the only ones that were pigging out on the slop was the rude russians. my partner who eats anything&trys all new things could not even eat the stuff that was on offer...we lived on toast for breakfast yet still as mentioned early had problems getting butter, one morning only 40 minutes into breakfast i was told that butter had "finished", after having dry toast we made a complaint at reception, they hadnt ran out of butter but were just refusing to give it out!!! The lady told them off however the situation of asking for butter continued. they had no croissants or nice danish things&had only 2 cereal options which didnt change all week&they only had piping hot milk to accompany them!?? we did not ever find any of the snacks that were mentioned in our all inclusive deal when we booked, unless a plate of stale danishes from breakfast at 11am count? totally rubbish.
Dinner- potatoes were undercooked, most items were luke warm,urghhhh!! after we complained about food a few changes were made....a barbeque cooking chicken was put out..however this was then done every remaining day we were there..talk about variety!! there were no bar snacks...however to completely take the micky out of the British on our last couple of days a snack menu was up at the pool bar, this had all the things we love, baked potatoes, chips, burgers, pizzas, chicken nuggets, salads etc..but you had to pay for these things!!!! A big joke!! We had to spend out every night for food and just put up with toast/bread for breakfast and lunch.
There were a lots of russians in the hotel who were very rude, however the thing that irritated me is that when they complained something was done about it (one was waited on every meal time by the executive chef of the hotel because she kicked up a fuss?!!)

Location- the place was located about a 15min walk from il merato which had kfc, mcdonalds, costa coffee etc.
Naama bay was 10 mins in taxi- mohammed who runs the taxi service in the hotel is defo recommended for your taxis.
Beach- free shuttle bus with filthy pervy driver. we were warned by another brit that the beach looked like a building site....omg it was one..diggers,cranes etc to the left of you making noise all day (very relaxing for sunbathing) bar was empty each time we went so no all inclusive there!!

This is advertised as a family/couples resort but i feel sorry for any child that has to go here, our little boy who didnt come on hol with us this time would have starved and would have been so bored, there wasnt a kids club as stated and not many activities throughout the day.

overall view- Please do not come here, you get what you pay for with holidays but we paid over 1000 for two and and definitely did not get our monies worth, it is more russian based than british based, the food is a huge let down&disgusting, the staff are a joke and the rooms need a good fix, clean and update. As I said before were not a couple that moan at every thing but this place honestly gives you reason to moan...we just had to laugh it off in the end and try ignore the cons.

Please dont waste your money and come here as it will just stress you out on hol...

6 Thank Tanya21
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We have just got back from a 2 week holiday at the verginia sharm hotel, this was our second time in sharm el sheik, egypt, but our first time staying at this hotel, there was me and my boyfriend, my mum and dad and little brother, we had 2 rooms with lovely views of the pool, starting with the first things first, we arrived and had to fill out forms, then our bags were taken to our rooms for us and we we not asked for tips, at all. once we had settled in to our rooms we went to the resturant on site to have some dinner, there were a lot of russians and a lot of locals as the revolution made the hotels sell cheap holidays to the locals, however, this was only for the first week, the second week alot of englsih peolle arrived and things in the hotel calmed down. the food looked quite nice, but not what we are used to, it was rice, pasta, potatoe, wedges, bbq beef sausage things outside, lentils, breads, and salads, we ate a little bit and had some drinks. the drinks are served in little plastic cups, like party cups, but you pour them out yourselves in the resturant, so you can make as many as you want. plus the 2 drinks per person doesnt apply. i would advise you to not change up ur english money in the hotel, gt a taxi for £1, which is £10 egyptian, to el mercarto and change it at the bank machines, you get a much better rate. here you will find mc donalds, kfc, pizza hut, hardees, starbucks, costa coffee, chinease, seafood and an english steak house, where you can get heinz baked beans. once we had sent our first night here, we went down to get our towels for the sun loungers, there we plenty for all of the guests and there wasnt a mad rsuh to get your towels on them to reserve them. the all inclusive does start at 10am and finish at 11pm. the pool bar was only open for a couple of hours a day for the first week but we complained and got it open all day long, it didnt even close for the breaks it usually closed for, this stayed open all through for the rest of the holiday.to breakfast, is toast, bolied, scrambles and fried eggs, omlets and pancakes, they also have cereal. this is the most edible meal of the the 3, it would probably be better to go here on a b&b basis as we did eat out every night as we think that it was the food that made 3 out of four of us ill, with 2 of them being in the room for 2 days untill they were better. the animaltion team are brilliant they gave us some medication that we used and it made us better, then it got passed around to others to use as they all had the bad stomach as well. the main problem with this hotel is just the food and the staff can be very rude sometimes, but alot of people in egypt can come across as rude in a lot of places over there. the water fall and jacuzzi are on nearly all day only being turned off foran hour a day at lunch time. the pool area was very clean nd the pool was claurinated every night. there is another bar in the reception area, this stays open 24 hours but all inclusiv for this stop at 11pm. the hotel had a lovely look about it, with alot of flowers and plants growing in the surrounding areas. the maintenance was good they were always cleaning the hotel area and cutting and watering the flowers and plants, the cleaners we always very frinedly and cleaned the rooms everyday with clean towels supplied every day. the rooms were very big and the balcony was nearly the same size as the rooms. the bath room it very clean and they sterilse the toilet before every new quest stays in the rooms. this hotel was very nice, but i would advise you to stay here on a b&b basis or half board as the food it not worth paying that little bit extra for, you may as well save it for eating out. i would stay at this hotel again, but not all inclusive, but there are alot of surrounding hotels and they are about the same standards food wise unless you pay more for the hotels that are of a higher star and have more than one resturant on site. if u want to have a relaxing holiday by the pool and beach then i would say to try it, there is a free shuttle to the hotel beach and back every hour, the beach i not all inclusive at the beach bar as it is not owned by the hotel. there is also a free shuttle bus to naama bay twice a night, but this has to be booked earlier on in the day to get spaces on it as it on has 27 spaces thi drops you off and picks you up. they have a shop on site but if you go outside of the hotel and turn left to the supermarket it is alot cheaper and you can get some much stuff for little price, they even sell cheese and laughing cows cheese spread. they also have redbull for £1, £9.77 egyptian. this hotel is bearable, as long as ur not too picky and pck at every little thing. one more thing they fumigate the hotels grounds every night at about 6 o'clock to make sure that the mosquitos are killed, you may get bit, but they arent that bad as they go down by the next day, but you get mosquitos all over egypt, so no matter what hotel you stay at if your going to get bit, our going to get bit. they also do not have ice creams included in the all inclusive and started putting out cheese and cheese and luncheon meat rolls on the bar in thhe after noon, for snacks.

Room Tip: If you want to have a big room anda big balcony go for the rooms on the upper level.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank LMIMOE
Shepton Mallet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We went to the sol verginia hotel for one week all- inclusive (6th - 13th sept 2011), it turned out to be the worst holiday we have ever had!!! The staff were rude and as helpful as a wheelburrow with a flat tyre, the food was awful and made us both ill for days,so much for a blissfoll week!, these are the good bits!! The bars if open, would serve your drink in the cups that you use to take Calpol and thats if the bar was open or the barman could be bothered to serve! The canteen (you could never call it a resteraunt) was filthy and disorganised and god Knows what they were serving.We watched as every other couple from England upgraded to anouther hotel but our rep was never to be seen! We never write revievs and never moan but if we can help anyone not to experience the week we have just had then listen! If you are looking for all inclusive service ,relaxation, good food and comfort dont go to this hotel its awful!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Dont go there
5 Thank Saffron O
milton keynes
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Stayed here all inclusive with my wife and son, for two weeks Aug26th to sept 9th2011
It’s the worst hotel I have ever been to in Egypt, after 6 other holidays. Falsely advertised on teletext about BAR SNACKS being available, as there were none, even though there were pizza ovens and hobs at the bar they were never used and when I asked recreation for a bar snack they said there is none and they can’t use them.For drinks at the bars it is the smallest plastic cup size I have ever seen in Egypt, More like a medicine measuring cup.
The swimming pool bar is closed from 1300 to about 15.30 approx and you can’t get a drink from the pool bar, if you are sunbathing in the heat. Even just a cup of water I was denied, after looking for one at the bar, recreation told me off and after I told them I needed water they grabbed a used volvic mineral water bottle, from a rubbish sack and filled it with water for me to drink.When they closed the pool bar at these times, they closed the dining area access doors at the pool area, by barricading them with two large trees to stop you going in there, to get any drinks and to force you to do a lot of walking from the pool up and down stairs to get small plastic beakers of drinks, when there was perfectly good access by the pool, but barricaded off.Food was horrible here, I have had much better food on a Bedouin safari trip definitely. Mostly vegetarian and when it was meat, OMFG, on a BBQ one night all that was being cooked was BBQ liver, don’t know what the liver was from, could have been from any animal for all I know.The place is writhe with Mosquito as we have all incurred multiple bites. With in all our days, my family and I have visited Egypt, we have never encountered mosquito’s before until visiting this hotel.Lastly a big thanks to management, for threatening to evict us during our first few days at the start of our holiday here, due to a mistake made by the travel company on our paperwork by them, and leaving us with no travel REP or representation to be able to sort out our close eviction from the hotel.Managemnet at the hotel wanted to play no part in sorting this administration error out, we were forced to make phone calls back to the travel company, back in England at our own expense, approx £10 for each phone call made. in order to save ourselves from being kicked out on to the street,
BY, CYBER

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank cyber c
leicester
Reviewed 9 September 2011

just got back from 2 weeks at this hotel and i would never go back food was terrible dull pasta and rice was only edible things there. pool bar is only open about 4 hours through the day. at night they give you party cups to drink out of you dont even get proper glasses hotel is flithy in general and always poo left in the reception toilets. staff really rude and trying to sell me drugs when im eating breakfast. only got one poor restraunt when on the website it says they have several no snack bars. took 3 days to get shower fixed and a/c leaked all over the floor making it very slipy. gave our passports out to other guests by mistake. no entertaiment really apart from stuff for kids really boring at night time. staff refused to fill water bottle in 40 degree heat. worst hotel i have been to and this is the first time i have even botherd to go on the internet and write a review. jacuzzi was yellow and you have to pay for facilities. JUST DONT GO THERE. Oliver

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple