Stayed in the Sonesta Club for 2 weeks - 20/02 to 05/03/12. Room 255.
This was our 3rd visit to Naama and this hotel is dated but extremely clean. Bedding and towels changed every day - only complaint was the mattress was like sleeping on a table, no give at all. Told that not all rooms are like that.
Food had a good selection although we thought it bland, just ask the waiters for the hot sauce they have at their stations or use one of the many oils at the salad counter. Curries smelled good but no real taste.
Animation/entertainment was very very poor
3 Pools/pool areas were cleaned every morning
We went all inclusive and to be honest should have went half board or B+B as the 2nd week was a carbon copy of the 1st in food, entertainment, etc. We ate out for most the 2nd week. (1 in Kokai Restaurant, 1 at the Dananeer, 3 times in Tandoori - Camel Hotel, 1 at the Tavern Bar, 1 in Pomodore - Camel Hotel - - all excellent)
Staff were exceptional - Mohammed the barman was brilliant at handling the Russians that were ignorant and refused to queue (must stress that not ALL Russians are bad, depends on upbringing/some don't have the intelligence or common courtesy to treat other nationalities as human) he would just completely ignore them, then shout back at and not serve them. Loved the Brits and other Europeans who would talk and not shout demands. Very funny sense of humour. Probably could have done with help from the other 3 bar staff who seemed to stand around talking to each other and ignoring customers?.
Ate our meals outside and were really cared for by Kaled and Tarek who brought us drinks when they saw empty glasses and spoke when they had the chance - excellent service - recommend hotel keep all 3 mentioned - hard workers.
Its a 10-15 minute walk into Naama Bay which is less hassle if you cut through the Sonesta Beach to the esplanade. Listened to the Live music at bars and hotels along the way.
Would I go back to Sonesta Club - absolutely for 7-10 days
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the fashionable Naama Bay, the Sonesta Club Sharm El Sheikh overlooks the Red Sea and the South Sinai peninsula's desert and mountains. A traditional Nubian-style resort, the property is surrounded by landscaped gardens and dramatic pool areas. Known as one of the best Red Sea Resorts, Sonesta Club Sharm El Sheikh with 409 unique guest rooms, the hotel is located in Naama Bay and shares its beach with Sonesta Beach Resort & Casino. Sonesta Club has one of the largest aqua parks in Sharm El Sheikh; in addition, it has two great main pools divided into seven pools and a Diving Center. The hotel also offers an open air jacuzzi for the relaxation of its guests. There is also a children's program for the younger guests. Guests can pamper themselves with a sauna, steam bath or Jacuzzi, work out in the Club's fitness center or relax with massage treatments in the health spa. The Club offers several fine dining options! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sonesta Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Club Sharm El Sheikh - Naama Bay Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sonesta Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sonesta Sharm El-Sheikh
- Sharm El-Sheikh Sonesta