Just returned from a week in the resort , first visit to Egypt and was abit unsure about going but we had a very enjoyable week . Arrived late at night about midnight after a three hour delay so missed a meal but the hotel had thought to provide us with a cold meat meal in our room . Flights with Thomas Cook awful , seems to be about 28-29 inch leg room and no entertainment , very poor and they will lose custom unless this is changed . The room was at the rear overlooking the gardens and tennis courts , very large and well equipped with a large double and a extra single for our son . The bed we found a little hard and the next night they added a topper which was great and a large choice of pillows . The room was cleaned very well . Safe provided but not large enough to take a small notebook computer , flip flops provided as well as dressing gowns , On all inclusive the fridge is stocked each day with 2 beers a few soft drinks and water . I think you were also supposed to get fresh fruit and nibbles but we never received these . We did ask for a sea view but were told this would cost 25 euros per day per person and we did not think 75 euros a day would be worth it , however the sea view is lovely , we hoped as only about 60-70% occupied they may have upgraded us but sadly no .
Staff try very hard to please and work very long hours , we did not think the breakfast was as good as other places we have visited ie Dubai/ mexico/ dominican republic apart from the eggs which were fab, the only bacon was beef bacon which was not great , however it is a muslim country and their beliefs should be respected . We tried to avoid the buffet as we prefer table service but the one evening meal and one lunch we had in was ok . Lunch by the pool was better but a small menu on the all inclusive basis , burger was great once but raw in the middle another time , this was pointed out and the staff were very sorry and tried hard to make amends . The Indian and the Italian were both superb and we ate 5 nights in these two restaurants , probably one of the best indian restaurants I have eaten in and certainly the best location !! However the big problem with these is getting in , The Indian has about 34 covers , they offer a 7 8 or 9 sitting but only seem to fill about 15 seats each sitting ie about 45 per night , I think the other tables are left for paying customers as the restaurant seems to be available to outside people and people from the sister Baron Palms resort who again I think have to pay . The booking system is be in the lobby each day to book at 9am , however when we were there the line started at about 8.45 , one day I was only about 7th in line and could only get the Indian for 9pm , I am not sure how but it seems places are booked up without waiting . The management are aware of the problem and I am sure they will resolve the issue .
My only other small negative is that the size of the public areas are not big enough to deal with the number of guests at this time of the year when the evenings are colder , quite often people could not find a place to sit in the lobby area .
As part of the all inclusive per person you get a free laundry service , massage , half an hour free use of computer (free wifi in lobby all the time if you take your own laptop etc ) , free introduction dive, one per week free choice of pedalo or kayak . free use of tennis court ,and a free haircut.
The gardens are lovely and very well mainted as are the pool areas and sun beds which are very comfortable ,most nights beware of the spraying for the mosquitos which is quite a sight but doesnt smell very good !! We did not get served drinks by the pool but you do when on the comfy chairs at the beach bar .
I hope this does not come over as a negative review as we had a great stay and would certainly stay again ( but not via Thomas Cook flights ) , the management and staff including the always happy Omar , Army and Apple work very hard to make sure you enjoy your stay , I have rated the resort excellent which I think is deserved however if the few minor issues could be sorted it could be magnificent .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here, the color of turquoise is made more striking against stretches of pure golden sand. This is a simple description of what you should expect at our five-star luxury Hotel. Over 600 meters of private sandy beach, 80,000 square meters of landscape and the exotic Tiran Island few kilometers from its front scene declaring an unforgettable memory of sunset, come together to embrace the charm of Baron Resort making it ‘A Haven for Pleasure.’ This award-winning hotel combines state-of-the-art facilities, quality services and welcoming staff to cater to needs of families and couples seeking an informal ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Sharm El Sheikh