I booked this trip over the Easter break and was pleasantly surprised by how quiet the hotel seemed. That's not to say that the hotel was empty, due to the size and speediness of the staff everything happened without delay. There are several restaurants on site, Indian, Italian, BBQ, Seafood and Egyptian, along with the full buffet restaurant. All the food severed is high quality, the only proviso is that due to the nature of a buffet meal, the food might not always be pipping hot. This is not really a problem as the food is replaced within moments of it running out. Also if there is something in particular you wish the staff are more than happy to rustle up what you require. The smaller restaurants are all themed, although they have a limited menu choice the food was always good. The menu shows a list of starters, but for the Egyptian and Indian they starters come as a selection and don't need to be ordered separately. The rooms were all well equipped with kettle, fridge, safe and all the makings for tea and coffee. Flip flops were also provided for use around the pool and a dressing gown as well. The cleaners did their job well and often we found our night attire placed on the bed in decorative shapes. We booked the all inclusive package which included drinks, one drink we wanted was Bacardi and Coke, this could be made from the local brews, hence included, but often the bar staff used dark rum instead of white, this basically meant rum and coke not Bacardi. When pointed out the bar staff remade the drink without question. There is a free shuttle bus to the local night-life in hanauma bay, but not to the shopping area at Soho square, we pointed this out to the management and hopefully this will be available soon. There is a pontoon leading into the sea to give easy access to the coral so you can see the fish when snorkelling. Some sections of this are a bit loose and could do with some work. I don't know if this is actually owned by the hotel, or the people who run the activities. I left a comment about this and judging by the speed by which the management checking on any comment, I'd expect this to be sorted soon. I'm nit picking really, and have every intention of visiting again, possibly next year, you never know.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here, the color of turquoise is made more striking against stretches of pure golden sand. This is a simple description of what you should expect at our five-star luxury hotel. Over 600 meters of private sandy beach, 80,000 square meters of landscape and the exotic Tiran Island few kilometers from its front scene declaring an unforgettable memory of sunset, come together to embrace the charm of Baron Resort making it ‘A Haven for Pleasure.’ This award-winning hotel combines state-of-the-art facilities, quality services and welcoming staff to cater to needs of families and couples seeking an informal ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Sharm El Sheikh