Dreams Vacation Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Dreams Beach Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
Desert View Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)
View Hotel
Viva Sharm Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Pool
Sharming Inn Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Pool
Falcon Hills Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Breakfast included
Verginia Sharm Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Breakfast included
Tower Country Club(Sharm El Sheikh)
View Hotel
Resta Club Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Stayed here 19th April after a weeks cruise,the staff are first class and the rooms are spacious and clean and the food was ok but now for the bad bits,the local drink is terrible we had seen previous reviews so we took our own and what a blessing,the entertainment is at best very poor and the so called music at the pool area made us flinch when it started.The first couple of days were a treat and then 80 egyptian families arrived for a long weekend and what a disgrace they were.Rude Arrogant And didnt know the meaning of a queue they stripped the dining room in minutes and then left plates of food as waste,fortunately we had the use of the dreams beach which is the sister hotel of the dreams vacation and this was fine.Thomsons should be ashamed to send customers here as things stand.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank gem2349
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Just had our third cruise with Thomsons this year, however this time we decided to extend our holiday with the second week in Thomsons Dreams Vacation Resort - BIG MISTAKE.
When we arrived off the ship on Thursday 12th April the hotel was pleasantly quiet, however the food and drink were not up to the usual Thomson standards which was very disappointing especially after the first class service we received onboard the Thomson Celebration which was faultless.
On the following day Friday 13th April the resort was flooded with several hundred Egyptian 'locals' who descended upon the restaurant area and devoured everything in sight like a plague of locusts. What they didn't eat they wasted, by filling plates with food and leaving the majority of it when they'd finished.
The dining area wasn't large enough to cope with the influx and 70 to 80 people were seen queuing outside for a vacant table. Neither was there sufficient food for the amount of guests on site, Bain Maries were emptied faster than they could be filled.
The following day Saturday 14th April a further 200 Egyptian 'locals' arrived and they all stayed until Monday 16th April.
Whilst I appreciate Egypt has a large Muslim population and the chance of a bacon sandwich for breakfast was minimal, I find that mashed potato & sliced hot dogs were not a suitable substitute for a full English breakfast!
The quality of the food was very poor although the sweet/cake table looked appetising (if you could get near it).
When confronted about the influx of Egyptian locals by a delegation of disgruntled holidaymakers, the manager apologised but said it wasn't cost effective not to take their bookings as the resort wasn't full to capacity.
Ironically on Monday 16th April many of these locals were seen taking cutlery, salt & pepper pots and anything else that wasn't screwed down, including toilet rolls! I would be interested in knowing how much the resort lost as a result of this?
The resort is listed as 4 star however it more resembles a 2 star plus.
The rooms were spacious and clean (apart from the odd cockroach) but hadn't been properly checked before being let, our room had several lights out and the air conditioning was defective, however these problems were quickly resolved when reported.
The most serious fault was the handrail in the bath, this collapsed when I used it and I fell and injured my arm. Upon close inspection the handrail was corroded to excess and had to be completely replaced the following day (see photos).
I was disappointed that the Thomson Rep failed to come to the room and look at the damage or inspect the repairs, or that it took a week for him to produce an accident form!
Another cause for concern was the twice daily pesticide spraying, this took place at dusk and again first thing in the morning (see photos). This operation was not mentioned at the welcoming meeting and as an asthma suffer it caused me great discomfort and shortness of breath, when I mentioned this to Carolyn Mead the Dreams Quality Assurance Manager, her advice was to put my bath towels up against the door to stop the fumes entering the room!
The resort could vastly improve if the choice of food is reviewed and rooms were checked properly before being made available to guests.
The staff were generally very pleasant & helpful and seemed genuinely embarrassed at the conduct of their peers.
This is not the standard of resort I've come to expect from Thomsons, Very disappointing indeed!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Steve L
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Just returned yesterday,staff are first class,rooms are a good size and clean,the pools are good with plenty of sun loungers but the rap at the centre pool is so noisy and not needed,entertainment is poor to say the least,please take your own drinks unless you drink paraffin shocking is the word to describe it.The food was ok, better at the Dreams Beach and service was better.We were invaded by egyptians and that was an experience not to be re-lived Rude,Arrogant,and could strip the dining area in 5 minutes flat.this was added to by a convention of business men about a hundred or so service was non existent.I would NOT advise anyone to go here given a choice if the present conditions remain.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank george m
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Both myself and my hustband returned from a wonderful holiday at dreams vacation on the 2nd April, our third stay here. I really can't believe the reveiws I am reading are from the same place i stayed. The resort is glorious, the staff are friendly and always polite and helpful and the choice of food was plentiful, varied, fresh and tasty. The amount of couples we met there from Britain.had all been before and kept returning, some as many as 15 times. Angie, the rep was wonderful, very helpful and professional. ~The animation team, especially Maddie, went out of their way to entertain guests. I can honestly not find a single negative. Due to an unfortunate accident I had to seek medical help, Dr key and Fox were brilliant and made my stay as comfortable as possible. This hotel deserves 5* not 4. All guests can eat at the Dreams Beach Resort and not just those who have been on the cruise, whether you have a burgundy band or not. I feel some people will never be happy unless they complain. Again I cant praise this resort enough and will keep returning year after year as we appreciate the whole team effort. so please if you are reading this, go see for yourself, I wouldnt return if there were negatives.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank madholly
Reviewed 23 April 2012

my husband and i went to this in april . the hotel and grounds and pool were all nice .it was the dining rooms and quality of the food that let this hotel down,after compaining to the rep she did tell the manager our complaint .we came off the cruise so we could use the dreams beach hotel ajoining this on aswell, the food was a bit better in this one but not much, both dining rooms were dirty on one occasion i was shown to a table and refused to sit at it ,it was filthy .another time the forks that were laid out had dried food on it .we are no means snobs or picky we have travelled to 44 countrys around the world and eaten in all sorts of places but this was one of the worst for food and dining room cleanlieness.i must also add that we had a meal at the mexican restuarant and that was lovely the best meal we had all week

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple