“WOW our second home...”

Taba Hotel and Nelson Village
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Taba
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I have just returned from a weeks R&R in Taba Hilton. This was out third visit, and our welcome was royal.

The staff as a whole are like a well oiled machine. Everything happens as it should when it should, and they are all professional and respectful, whilst maintaining a sense of the fact that you are on holiday and want to have some fun. Mohammed at the beach bar was always ready with a mango juice for mum and a diet coke for me, the staff in the main restuarant always had the table we wanted ready for us. The food in all the restaurants is excellent - always. The rooms are great, and kept clean by a lovely team of room attendants. Staf at reception cannot do enough to help you.

Ali, the pool man was on hand with fresh towels and a smile. Particular mention goes to Hugh at the dive centre - he restored my mums confidence and encouraged her to dive again after a bad experience two years ago in Thailand. She is now planning her next few diving trips.

Chris the GM, is a consummate professional and seems to be everywhere, and know what is going on at all times in all areas. Kariman, his PA is a lovely, kind, intelligent woman I am now thrilled to consider a friend. She is always there to help and make you feel like you need worry about nothing. I must also mention the animation team, a team which is led most professionally and with seemingly endless resources of energy by Sam - who is fun, kind, respectful, and always there to help guests. He makes it his business to know guests by name and takes the time to talk to everyone, young and old and like Chris and Kariman, does everything in his power to make sure everyone has the best holiday possible. These three are possibly the biggest assets Hilton taba has to offer.

There is a phrase, 'You can't please all the people all the time'. I think the Taba Hilton team disprove this!

I have booked our next holiday for myself, Mum, my sister and her 6 year old son in August, and I know we will have another wonderful break with our Hilton Taba family.

Room Tip: Nelsons village is perfect
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
ChrisSherman, General Manager at Taba Hotel and Nelson Village, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Hi Lucy,

I would like to thank you for sharing your view regarding your recent stay at our property, It was a pleasure to welcome you back at your second home.
We really appreciate your positive note related to type of service and facilities provided to you during your journey at Hilton Taba.
I will definitely pass all your positive comment to the team who will highly appreciate it.
I would like to personally thank you for your honest feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back next August to our lovely paradise.

There are newer reviews for Taba Hotel and Nelson Village

Reviewed 30 May 2012

Me and my boyfriend wanted a really chilled holiday. I went to Taba 5 years ago (but sayed at the Movenpick), and so knew the area would allow exactly that. We made a well thought out decision to stay at the Hilton.

The pick up from the hotel was a decent enough trip. Check in at the hotel was very smooth. We were delighted we had a sea view room with a balcony. The room was very clean and tidy and was of ample size for the 2 of us (1 double bed & 1 single).

The restaurant never failed to serve a wide variety of foods, and it was all soooo nice! The waiters were always very on the ball and very helpful. Oh, and if you're like me and use artificial sweeteners.......then if they dont have any out, then ask for 'diet suger'! lol. It made me laugh when I heard them call it that!

We were a bit miffed as to not b able to have all inclusive drinks after 11pm or before 11am, but when thinking about it, it operationally as a business makes sense. And actually provides the guests with a safer environment (than what it cold end up being in different circumstances).

The seawater poole was emptied and cleaned every night we were there (8/5/12 to 22/5/12).
The whole beach and pool area is tidied every night.

We didn't use the spa or gym, so can't comment on that.

The bar waiters were fab - always remembering what drinks we liked. Big Ahmed and little Ahmed in the Rainbow Bar were lovely.

I highly recommed going to Nelson Restaurant, which is the Tex-Mex restaurant. The food was delicious! And if for lunch you fancy a lighter more European kind of lunch than is done in the main restuarant, then we found at the Nelson restaurant they tend to do things like pizza, french fries, hot dogs, chicken wings, salad, puddings etc.

The Animation team were fantastic at keeping the guests entertained, and getting people up and trying some of the activities - aqua aerobics, belly dancing, yoga, beach volleyball etc. The Animation guy, Sam, is a champ, and he has an amazing knack of making you smile and feel relaxed and yet invigorated at the same time.

I loved the towel statues the cleaners made on our bed everyday! Very innovative and surprising.

Taba is a fantastic spot for snorkelling and diving. Having dived there once before when I went 5 years ago, I knew that we could see almost as much snorkelling. Needless to say, what I mean by that is that snorkelling alone out there is amazing! There are soooooo many fish, and so many types.

The view of the sunrise over Israel is stunning (yes, I specifically set my alarm for it! I wanted nice pics). Go up to the top floor of the external stairs to ge the best view.

The evening entertainment is rotated - say Monday would be Egyption dancers, Tuesday would be Miss / Mr Hilton competition, Wed etc etc then back to Monday...
This suited me and my other half. We really did want to get away and do nothing much but swim, snorkel, sunbathe, eat, sleep, read, etc etc. A proper chill holiday. This was a fantastic hotel for it. We had plenty of options to do extras, ust didn't want to.
Maybe the evening entertainment could have a wider variety, somehow?

I hope this review has been helpful. Me and my partner would be more than happy to go back there again. :-)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Hi,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.
We really appreciate your positive note related to type of service and facilities provided to you during your journey at Hilton Taba as you have managed in a nice analytical brief to cover all hotel facilities and service provided.
I will pass all your positive comment to respective team members' who will highly appreciate it.
I would like to personally thank you for your honest feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back once again to our lovely paradise.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

Very unfriendly duty managers of this hotel. This hotel is 5*, real value is around 1*. Every lunch/dinner managers and supervisors in hotel restaurant only standing and smiling at guests instead of any help to waiters. If you wanna enjoy food and service suggest eat not in hotel restaurant.
In the room we discovered poor cleaning quality. For appology we got fruits which was not fresh.
We will not going to comeback!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lina Z

Hi,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share you note regarding your stay last July to our property.
I was really concerned to know that you were not completely satisified with your stay with us, I would like to assure you that we benefit from any valid comment in order to always improve where applicable.
At Last, I do appreciate your point of view and you will be always welcomed whenever you decide to visit our lovely hotel in any future occasion.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Travelled back to the Hilton Taba mid April and had 2 fantastic weeks of sunshine and relaxation. The staff at this hotel cant do enough for you including the hotel manager Chris and ops director Ahmed, who really make you feel welcome. The beach is great as is the wonderful beach bar where Mohamed keeps the 'red sea breezes' coming all day long. Sam from the animation team keeps everybody active and his mad sense of fun is infectious! We always stay in the Nelson Village where our rooms are kept spotless and fresh, and so are our clothes as the laundry service is the quickest and best Ive ever found in a hotel! I used the spa services for massage and relaxation and was very impressed by the skills and professionalism from the manager and Saieed and Waheed AMAZING! The food in the main dining room wasnt the most exciting but the quick friendly service from the busboys kept you laughing and smiling especially at breakfast time! I cant wait to go back again and see all my Hilton family and friends!

Room Tip: Choose the Nelson Village or a Suite in the main hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Hi Adrian,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.
I will pass all your positive comment to the team who will highly appreciate it.
I would like to personally thank you for your honest feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back once again at your home from home Hilton Taba.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

We stayed at the hotel for three nights, we booked all inclusive and we have below comments :

1- Mini Bar : Not operational , fixed during our stay and never filled
2- Food : Not Good
3- Relaxing, Not much to do at night
4- All inclusive : Not really all inclusive, only few items , we paid for all room service such as ice cubes and soft drinks, only few items available ( special menu for all inclusive) all local drinks for alcohol
5- No Service at the beach
6- Friendly well trained staff
7- Fast response time, great room service and HK
8- Clean Hotel
9- Great entertainment staff, DJ/ Dancing Guy is Amazing
10- No Gym, No Spa

The only disadvantage is the so called all inclusive, Serve you with plastic small cups for soft drink, not cans, not drafts, special time only from 11 to 11, designated outlets only. Special events access is chargeable also. If they can cancel this or enhance it, that would be Great
Dress Code for outlets is only applicable for local Guests
Some local guests swim in dress, no control, sea water pool is not well cleaned and vacumed.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank TalaBay
ChrisSherman, General Manager at Taba Hotel and Nelson Village, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2012

Hi,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete the review for your recent visit to our property.
I was really concerned to know that you were not completely satisified with your short stay with us, I would like to highlight that the all inclusive formula is designated to consider various point of views and that we are constantly working on accessing and improving our quality and variety of service provided. Meanwhile, please note that all your comments are studied to promptly improve where applicable..
At Last, I do appreciate your point of view and will be looking forward to welcome you back in the near future to our lovely paradise.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 11 May 2012

We chose the Hilton Taba based on the reviews and on the fact we wanted a relaxing break. So glad we did. We stayed in Nelsons village, room very comfortable with a lovely sea view and a handy fridge. Water and toiletries replaced daily which was great. Sitting on the balcony of an evening was a pleasure, there is such a tranquil atmosphere. As others have said before what makes this hotel is the staff – they truly are lovely. A special mention for the bar man in Pirates bar, he was lovely so sorry forgotten his name. Also Said in the main restaurant and Ahmed in the bar. Also Sam in the animation team does a wonderful job making everyone young, old, male or female feel welcome even if you don’t get involved in the activities, of which there are plenty and all looked great fun, but they are not intrusive what so ever.
There was a great choice of breakfast items, I especially enjoyed the cooked to order omelettes, oh and the fruit juice was lovely! I tended to skip breakfast though and have lunch at the Pirates Bar, this was more geared towards the Brits food wise than the main buffet lunch. Lovely fresh cooked chips every day 
Dinner in the main restaurant was a bit hit and miss but I can recommend the Mousakka, the Chilli and the fish with pineapple – all were really nice, but if you are a foodie and a bit fussy like me probably you are better off eating at Casa Taba. Oh and the ice cream is gorgeous!
Everywhere where was spotlessly clean and they cleaned and drain the pool every other day which was good to see.
Little problem with people reserving sunbeds – I would like to see towels being removed especially in the mornings as although I’m an early riser and was always out before 8 most of the prime spots would have a towel on with no one arriving on the beds till much later!! Very annoying! However am sure this is a problem hotel/country wide not just this hotel!
All in all I would highly recommend you go here whether it is just to relax like myself or to enjoy the wonderful diving & snorkelling so many people were raving about – I didn’t need to you can see amazing fish just from the jetty! Our friend enjoyed all the boat trips and also went over to Elat to swim with dolphins which she said was a fantastic experience.
We’d like to give Mr Chris and his team a MASSIVE thank you for making our holiday just what we wanted it to be!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Louise G

Hi Louise,

Reviewed 8 May 2012

Review for Holiday Taba Egypt 2012

We have just returned from a BRILLIANT 2 weeks home to the Hilton Taba Egypt. This will be our 5/6th visit over 3/4 years. We now call this our second home and family. The location, hotel/grounds, service, food, activities (Sam my adopted ‘son’ from another mom) - manager of the animation team are fabulous.
We very selfishly would like not to tell everyone how brilliant this hotel and staff are as we would like to keep it as our secret, but as Christians’ we feel the need to share this as it is really a beautiful and wonderful place, with first class people.
First we would really like to thank all the hidden unsung heroes, people behind the scenes such as gardeners, cleaners, washer uppers, laundry, security, admin, IT and I’m sure there are many more, that we did not see. These people are essential to the smooth running of such a big hotel and without them I’m sure our visit home would not have been as perfect as it was. Many Many Thanks.
This is no particular order BUT, Chris the manager thank you again for the very warm welcome we received, this really did make us both feel that we had returned home again (we were glad that the few ‘goodies’ went down well). Thank you for the chats and please say hello to your wife and family, what a delight! Our memories return to the night at the beach party BRILLIANT NIGHT (you must go it well worth the few extra pounds). We really enjoyed seeing you again as last year you had only just started at the Hilton Taba and everything was very new as were the faces.
Kariman, what an amazing woman “the face of Egyptian women” for the future. We really enjoyed the” cups of tea” and long conversations we shared with both her and our friend Anwar (front of house manager) he too is an amazing man with a lot of insight and experiences. We just loved these too people sharing afternoon tea and time with them. They really helped with the smooth welcoming of guest into the hotel after what is a very long day travelling for most guests. The welcome drink is also very nice, and helped us to relax when we had arrived. All the front of house staff were incredibly professional dealing with large check in and check outs very quickly, and efficiently their patience dealing with a wide range of enquiries in different languages always with a smile and impeccable manners- well done.
Some may feel that the security to enter the Hilton is a bit too much. But given the history of the hotel, its location (right on the Israeli border) the added security is for our comfort and does only take a few more minutes (when the electronic scanner is working)and the staff try to make this as painless and quick as possible.
We would like to mention everyone personally as they all helped play an important part of our return home being so perfect and we apologise if we miss people out but we will try to post all our photos on trip advisor to try to compensate for this.
We would really like to thank our friends - Sayed (food and beverage) He is the tall guy who stand by the pillars in Palm court with a very stern face. However, he is an amazing man very soft and gentle with a brilliant sense of humour when you get to know him. Thanks you Sayed for the computer games (he thinks he has skills at “Air hockey”. I think it is just “luck”, HA, HA, HA, what’s the phrase you use, when you were losing?), chats cups of tea and the great service you and the team provide. We really enjoyed getting to know you better this time.
Yasser-the first friend we made in Egypt, he is truly BRILLIANT, he helps with the smooth running of getting everyone seated for meals in the palm court restaurant. He understands his staff and they work brilliant together. Yasser will try to make your stay as perfect as possible and if you have a birthday watch out the singing and drums are fabulous. Yasser will know if you miss a meal and he will want to know why? And if you are Ok?, nothing is ever too much for anyone. Thank you very much for translating between us and our other friend Ragab (chef in the Maharba and lunch Chef at the Nelson bar) what a fabulously skilled man, he is always very interested in the people he cooks for and he cooks his meals with extra sprinklings of Love, and is always happy to tell you how he has cooked the food and what ingredients he has used (this is really helpful if like me you use to be a chef or enjoy cooking a lot). We have never had a meal cooked by him that wasn’t perfect. Our only issue with all the food is that often they give you too much. We spent an evening after the Maharba had closed talking and laughing this will be forever in our thoughts. Thank you so much the two of you we love and miss you both. Although we have specifically mentioned Ragab we must not forget Amir and all the other chefs on the team who supply guests with such an array of delicacies to tempt all taste buds. Everyone is always happy to explain what the foods are and how they are cooked (if this interests you) they will be so pleased if you show an interest. “Dell Boy” Mohamed Helmy, we missed you. One day you where there and the next you had gone on vacation and never said goodbye.
Our other friends include Sam of course our adopted son from another mom and brother to my eldest son Shaun. What a guy he is always on the go, never stops and tries his very best to ensure that he speaks to all the guests with his team. He has a limitless supply of energy and enthusiasm that amazes us both and we want some of what he has. He has had a good teacher his brother - Mojo who now works at the Hilton, Marsa Alam (another hotel well worth the visit). Chris, please keep supporting him as he has amazing talents and could move mountains with your support. Well done “Son shine”..... Well done for team including “Will Smith” look alike, and his beach party tricks. You really must see this show.
Other people that spring to mind include our wonderful housekeeping from both rooms that we stayed in this time. They kept us amused with the wonderful towel arrangements left on our beds- Brilliant!! And well done! They also kept our room very clean, well stocked and just really fresh and lovely. All these guys work extremely long hours and always do their work with a smile and are eager to assist. What respect we have for you all.
Ayman and the bar staff thanks for the smiles, hugs and kisses that were delivered each day with our usual cocktails and endless supply of tea.
The foods in all the restaurants are very special, tasty and well presented and if you get the opportunity try to eat in them all. It is well worth the few extra ponds going to eat at the Casa Taba (silver service, al la carte). The bread and pastry selection in the Palm court is one of our favourite (breakfast) what a challenge to cook so many types of breads and pastries and salads etc catering for all tastes. We also really enjoyed the opportunity to have omelettes each day, along with waffles this was a welcomed new addition this year.

Other noticeable changes included wind breakers on the beach, the nelson Jetty being opened again after the damage cause by storms, the addition of recycling pots around the ground, Ice cream in the main building and lovely flowers around the eating area at the Nelson and new staff faces. The Nelson bar is still our favourite place, sitting quietly in Egypt looking over the sea of Aquaba with 3 other countries in the distance while Ahmed, Mahdy and the team keep you stocked with iced cocktails and drinks - this is just the perfect spot. The food at lunch time appears to be fast food type but do not be fooled, the pizza, burgers, soups, fish and salads are all freshly cooked and delicious.
We hope this review is helpful and that new visitors will enjoy their time at Taba as much as we always do. We acknowledge that this is a very personal review but this is a reflection of the special relationships we have developed over the times we have been to Taba.
Thank you to all our friends both old and new for making our second home so very special and for making the stay so comfortable, relaxing and so very special as always. Well done to all the managers and their teams as always it is purely our pleasure. We hope you enjoy the photos, we have some very strange photos which we know Anwar, and Sam will appreciate. These will have to follow.

Room Tip: All the rooms are really nice but if you are like us the sea view always adds that bit of special an...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank DJpetitpois

Hi,
We really appreciate your positive comments related to type of service provided to you during your stay. You have managed to quickly summarized in a very attractive interesting way the hotel facilities, team members activity and various points of attraction.
I will also pass all your positive feedback to respective team members' who will really appreciate it.
I would like to personally thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcome you back once again in the next future occasion to our lovely paradise.
Chris Sherman

Also consider these accommodations in or near Taba
28.1 km away
14.3 km away
Sofitel Taba Heights
15.5 km away
Strand Beach and Golf  Resort Taba Heights

Been to Taba Hotel and Nelson Village? Share your experiences!