From the exterior, the hotel looks beautiful. But once you get in, be prepared for disappointment. The lobby is old and dingy, the dining area's buffet is swarming with flies, the food is not good, and the rooms are shabby--and not shabby chic!
The TV was old and had really bad reception. The rooms were freezing and the heaters not working. No free Internet. It wasn't cozy at all and I was glad we were only staying for one night.
The only saving grace of the place was the beautiful view of the Red Sea.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 440-room Sol Taba Red Sea overlooks the legendary beauty of the Red Sea on Egypt's famed "Riviera," the Gulf of Aqaba. The five-star Sol Taba Red Sea is known for its spectacular views of dramatic sunsets and colorful mountainscapes as well as the beautiful Red Sea corals. Taba is one of Sinai’s treasured highlights with panoramic views of beaches and mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sol Taba Red Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Beach Resort Taba Hotel Taba
- Sonesta Beach Hotel Taba
- Sonesta Taba
- Taba Sonesta
- Sol Taba Red Sea Egypt - Red Sea And Sinai