“I don't think I'd come back here again”
Review of Sol Taba Red Sea

Sol Taba Red Sea
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Taba
Manila, Philippines
“I don't think I'd come back here again”
Reviewed 3 December 2011

From the exterior, the hotel looks beautiful. But once you get in, be prepared for disappointment. The lobby is old and dingy, the dining area's buffet is swarming with flies, the food is not good, and the rooms are shabby--and not shabby chic!

The TV was old and had really bad reception. The rooms were freezing and the heaters not working. No free Internet. It wasn't cozy at all and I was glad we were only staying for one night.

The only saving grace of the place was the beautiful view of the Red Sea.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nenski79

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
York
Reviewed 15 November 2011

When we first arrived the hotel was very quiet, there was only two of the of the restaurants and bars open. The hotel then began to fill up due to Eid.

During this time there was no drop in service which was good and it was nice to see it livelier. We chose to spend the time around the quiet pool. Which was nice. The bar staff around this pool were excellent and brought you drinks before you even asked in multiple quantities

The all inclusive set up is a little strange, wine only with meals and the option we had did not allow us to visit the Italian restaurant. As a result we ran up a large bar bill which was unexpected on all inclusive holiday as I am not keen on lager or lower grade spirits.

The nightclub did not have a good selection of drinks neither did the piano bar, vodka was not present in either of these but advertised on the menu.

Excellent service from Bahrat in the piano bar he was friendly and helpful at all times, although I never once saw a piano player!

Food was lovely in the Blue Fish as similar most nights and special thanks to Tameer and the chef.

Room was clean and tidy, the shower flow was little more than a drip but we never mentioned it to the staff. Bed was a little hard.

The staff were all friendly and helpful and went out of thier way to ask if everything was ok although one thing, dont change large notes at reception. I asked to change a £100 Eyptian note and only got £60 back. I didnt mention this at the time as I did not realise until later.

Room Tip: Dont overlook the nightclub it is loud when your not in it
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sol Taba Red Sea, responded to this review, 17 November 2011
Dear J02003,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review , the change you noticed in the service maybe was due to the busy time during the eid period but this is not typical for the service standards we offer , It is our endeavor that each guest goes away with a memorable experience about Sonesta Beach Resort Taba . I look forward to another visit from you to our wonderful resort.
California, United States
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Mr. Mohammad and his wonderful staff gave us the stay of a life-time! We were treated so wonderfully. Haney took excellant care of our bedroom, making all kinds of wonderful designs with our bed! The head manager of the restraunt upgraded us and allowed us to feel like very special guest. It has been a life long dream to visit Eqypt and this was the perfect place to be located so that we were able to travel to other surrounding areas easily.
We celebrated my sweethearts birthday while we were there and the staff prepared a special cake for him, which was a delightful surprise for me as well!
I would love to stay here again if I ever had the oppourtunity too.
Thanks to this wonderful crew for making my life-long desire an outstanding life-long memory!
I do have photos, however, unfortunately my computer that I need to upload them on is in disrepair. My beloved requested that I not wait any longer to give our rave reviews even though the photos of hugs from this excellant staff are the clear proff of this rave!!!
Thanks again to all that played a part in our wonderful stay!!!

Room Tip: Ask to be away from pool if you don't want noise. Also, they fumagate in the early evenings and...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MaryEAmon
kent
Reviewed 15 October 2011

here i am again, back from my 16th visit to this brilliant hotel. this time i took my dad as he wanted to know why i return time after time, he wasn,t disappointed at all, in fact when we arrived home he told me to get online and book another visit asap.
we always have such a great time when we go to sonesta that it realy is like going to my second home now, the staff have all become such good freinds to us, and they realy know how to look after the repeat guests, because each time i arrive they always seem to find a way to make my stay better than before.
the hotel have taken on a new chef this time, and although i have always enjoyed the food in the hotel i have to say that there was a big improvement to what was on offer this time, there were some realy lovely new dishes to try, and he was always very keen to come and ask if we enjoyed it, and also asked if he could prepare anything special for us, we asked for pizza and he happily went off and made it for us with no trouble at all, as with all the staff there, he was very keen to please us.All the resturant staff always make us feel extra special, thank you, tamer, garrah and adel, and also to the chefs who prepare the food who realy do not get to see us so we can thank them in person.
My dad wanted to say a special thank you to the recreation team on the beach everyday, he could not beleive that they set up our sunbeds for us, and even bought me a fresh vase of flowers everyday, such a lovely thoughtful thing to do.
my favourite thing to do by far was always after dinner when i could go to the fatoush bar to smoke shisha, (i love the apple flavour) then go down to the bistro 24hour bar to end the evening with our freinds adel zaki, essam and ahmed, where they would make us tea and coffee to take to bed, on the way we would always stop off to chat to all the reception staff, especially those who had to work the boring night shift, our night would always end on a good note after a chat with daif, sherif, and el-hady the bell captain.
Thank you again guys for making this trip so special again, and i am sure that you know by now, that is why i return time after time.keep up the good work, and we wil see you again in november.
Well done to osama in housekeeping for keeping our rooms clean and tidy, my dad loved his towel sculptures, especially the crocodile, thank you so much.

Room Tip: most rooms here are very spacious anyway, but if you can afford to upgrade to the suites its well wo...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank queenmandy
Camberley
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I have never had a holiday that moved me so much that I had to share my experience with others so this is a first. Suffice to say, our recent stay at this hotel was one of our best ever holidays and I would have no hesitation in returning at any time.
The staff were so very friendly and polite and so eager to help with anything. I must mention Ahmed (David Beckham), the nicest and most helpful beach boy you could ever hope to meet. Also, Garragh,Tamer and Kerols from the Blue Fish restaurant, Mohamed, Ashraf and Sharif on the front desk.
Both of the pools were very clean and all of the hotel was kept very clean and tidy. Our room was spotless and the housekeeping very good.
Drinks were a little disappointing (no cocktails!) but this was a small thing in the overall experience. Food at the Blue Fish was excellent and we were even asked one afternoon what we would like to have to eat that evening. On informing Garragh that we loved Italian food, that evening we were served up the nicest veal escalopes we have had for years!
As we had no holiday rep at the hotel (we booked our holiday over the phone) and we wanted to book a trip to Petra, we asked at the front desk and Sharif was most helpful, immediately calling a guy from SkyTours to come to the hotel to help us. What a service!
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gill C
Chrudim, Pardubicky Kraj, Czech Republic
Reviewed 2 October 2011

I write very briefly review the hotel and services Sonesta Beach Resort Taba. My girlfriend Christine and I spent a wonderful 10 days at this hotel in September 2011. The hotel worked very well, all services such as cleaning, catering, animators, staff, etc. It was a very pleasant holiday for decent money, fantastic beach and sea and also great staff. We would like to again in the future return to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
SonestaEgypt, Manager at Sol Taba Red Sea, responded to this review, 5 October 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely review and nice comments; we are happy we contributed in making your vacation a memorable one and hope to have you as a regular guest in our resort

Kirov (Russia)
Reviewed 28 September 2011

At first, I'd like to say "sorry for my English", it isn't perfect, but I'll try to share my impressions about holiday in Taba! We stayed at Sonesta for 10 nights (me and my parents), and it our second time in this beautiful country!

Very nice and professional worker on Reception gave us a really excellent room: two connecting rooms with a big balcony and a good view on the pool! Having regard to that fact: I reserved a simple standart tripple room, that was wonderful! :-)

About hotel staff: VERY friendly, VERY nice and VERY helpful!!! Especially THANKS for guys on Reception, Moustafa from the Internet-cafe, Mohammed from the Bistro and our room-servise guy (room number 6005)!

Food was really tasteful, especally SWEETS!!! I adore oriental sweets, so I wanted to taste everithing sweets!!!

Animation was unobtrusive! I visited daily stretching and Belly-dance lessons at 4:00. It was really memorably! I danced with Ahmed, guy from the Animation team, he's a really good dancer with a good plasticity and a sense of rhythm! I say that, because I' ve learned dances more than 6 years! Our dance-lessons were like a mini-show for the guests near the pool, we got a clap every time!!! My TRULY THANKS for Ahmed for this moments in Arabic dance!

Beach is good, but a little durty because of cigarette ends, pieces of paper and other garbage... SEA - without any comments... PERFECT!!! A lot of different fishes, sea urchins and even little moray eels!

Impression of all my family is VERY GOOD!!! Love you, Sonesta, miss already!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Valentina N
Thank you for your lovely review and nice comments; we are happy we contributed in making your vacation and your parent's a memorable one . we are glad you enjoyed the dancing classes and the entertainment program and hope to have you as a regular guest in our resort
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taba
42.3 km away
42.2 km away
Movenpick Resort Taba Hotel
28.2 km away
Sofitel Taba Heights

Been to Sol Taba Red Sea? Share your experiences!