“Reminded me of a quaint Pennsylvania Dutch restaurant”

Schneider's Familly Restaurant
Cuisines: German
Reviewed 16 May 2017

Went here during dinnertime with my mom. Menu is a mix between "diner and German restaurant" with the eclectic décor of a Pennsylvania Dutch restaurant. Unfortunately they were out of Apple Strudel, but I had a delicious Peach Cobbler a la mode and my mom had a generous piece of blueberry pie. It's not yet tourist season at the Jersey shore, but in few weeks, there will be lines out the door (no doubt about it). Best wishes to all at Schneider's for a profitable summer season!!

Reviewed 15 May 2017

The sauerbraten was excellent. The spaetzel was disappointing. I asked for streudel for dessert and they did not have any that evening. Overall it was an average meal but since German restaurants are few and far between in the area, it was worth the trip for a German food fan.

There's lot of decoration including hot air balloon posters on the walls and I learned that the owner is a balloon pilot. Plenty to look at while you're eating.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

I took my Mother, Wife and sister who had come from Minnesota to "Schneider's" for some German food. The staff greeted us warmly and the atmosphere in the restaurant was very "Jersey"nostalgic and had hot air balloon displays. My wife and I had sauerbraten with dumplings and red cabbage which was excellent. My Mom had knockwurst which she raved about the taste. My sister had the Hungarian goulash that she said it was the best she had. Desert was apple strudel which was very good and it was also "BYOB" for drinks and we brought beer and wine for the meal. The waitress was very good and the prices were reasonable ,when we left the our opinion of the food was that it was "Damn ,Damn, Good" I think we have found a little " Jersey Gem" in Schneiders. We would definitly go back to Schneiders again.

1  Thank ussken
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed our Sauerbraten dinner next to fireplace . Their Sea scallops are also very good too .
They used to have a " meatloaf " ice cream , miss so much , sad that they don't have to many old flavors .

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

Snowy wet cold saturday night in January and soon homestyle warmth. Roast tenderloin was amazing. Pierogies and German style potato pancakes tremendous. Must have apple strussel with icecream for dessert. We will be back!!