“Spicy Seaside Delights”

Price range: US$20 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lincoln Avenue
Description: Clementine's is a full flavored restaurant with Louisiana style cooking although some dishes are spicy not everything is.CLEMENTINES IS A SMALL RESTAURANT AND CANNOT RESERVE A CERTAIN TABLE THE RESTAURANT IS SETUP TO HOW MANY PEOPLE WE HAVE COMING THAT EVENING . WE WILL TRY TO GIVE YOU THE SUGGETION THAT YOU HAVE IF WE ARE ABLE TO . BUT THIS WILL NOT BE CERTAIN . THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING .BOBBY AND MICHAEL
Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

Clementines is a neighborhood fixture less than a mile from the beach in picturesque Avon-by-the-Sea, and on our first visit, we could see why. The staff and fellow diners were friendly and welcoming, the menu offered a variety of dishes for all tastes, and the portions were hearty. The Fried Brie with a Nut Crust was a tasty appetizer — the Brie was creamy and was complimented by the crispy coating of walnuts, pecans, almonds and sesame seeds. Honey drizzled over it provided a hint of sweetness, as did grapes and slices of apple. There are several Cajun and creole dishes, but also many others to choose from. My wife thoroughly enjoyed one of that night’s specials, a huge sautéed crab cake with creamed corn and asparagus. Two coconut shrimp were a welcomed surprise. My seafood jambalaya was a heaping portion of shrimp, scallops, crawfish & Cajun sausage on rice. I like spicy food, and the amount of heat in this dish was perfect — no need to ask for hot sauce. I’m looking forward to finishing it when I get home. Needless to say — no room for dessert. Clementines is BYOB, which keeps the bill low, and there is a liquor store next door with plenty of chilled adult beverages. We will definitely join the restaurant’s regulates whenever we visit our new Shore hangout.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is the real deal for authentic New Orleans cuisine. While celebrating Mother’s’ Day, we brought our sons to experience the Southern flavor of great food. The atmosphere is eclectic and ornate but it represents the New Orleans atmosphere. The waitstaff is professional and attentive to the patrons. Seatings are limited to specific times to fully enjoy your meal.

We ordered the special empanadas with bell peppers and the shrimp and cheese over garlic crusted bread. The flavor was so good.

Our entrees ranged from jambalaya to smoked salmon. Each dish was terrific. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meal. The only drawback is parking. In the summer, there is limited or no street parking. There is public parking nearby but you need to know where to go.

The desserts are fantastic. The grandma bread pudding is to die for and the butter cake with ice cream is crazy good. This was a memorable experience.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
1) Crawfish Bisque. Lots of crawfish. Silky smooth bisque.
2) Shrimp and Tasso Pasta. Savory with a mild spice, great taste and texture.
3) Gooey Buttercake. Where have you been all my life? By far the best dessert I’ve had in the last 2 years.
I’ve been here multiple times and have never had a bad meal or experience. This place is truly worthy of your business.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

Friends of ours from Louisiana said this is the best representation of LA food in N.J. We went with them last night and it was outstanding. Atmosphere was great , staff was very personable including the owner and food was full of flavor and incredible. From appetizers through desserts 5 stars for everything. We will have to return as there were so many other dishes that I wanted to sample !

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 23, 2018

This is one of the best places I've been to and we go out to eat quite a bit. The shrimp was the freshest I've ever had. The calamari and fried brie appetizers...amazing! The portions were a nice size. One appetizer is definitely enough for two (the waitress warned us!) Service was excellent; everyone was so personable. This is a definite restaurant I will go back to. Bring your own is a nice plus, too.

Date of visit: March 2018