All reviews lunch box sandwich breakfast was included place to stay reception town
Reviewed January 9, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at hotel northpole for a week (the old hotel) and it was amazing. Staff were very friendly. Though at times the hotel tend to get little noisy due to the cleaners dragging and moving furnitures and you could clearly hear it from a distant.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank faazleen
Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

My room had a cubby hole window & I couldn't change rooms as Hotel full. Almost no natural lighting in my bedroom. The complimentary breakfast was inedible - how can you go so very wrong with a toasted egg sandwich? Then I tried a dinner meal that was barely much better. The whole experience marked a new low in hotel accommodation & certainly in low quality food from the kitchen. Front reception was good. Shower had hot water. It was wonderful to get to Savusavu and enjoy great breakfast there.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
6  Thank cgates1955
Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

The best place to stay in Labasa town is the new wing of the North pole Hotel. The food is great with Lunchbox downstairs and the facilities are decent. Staff were good and the room was nice as usual.

The reception place (ambience) can be improved.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Alvin S
Reviewed July 23, 2017

I checked into this hotel on a business trip to Labasa at 3.45pm. I unpacked my and changed to do my afternoon walk at around 5.30pm. I unpacked my Toiletries and placed them on the table next to my suitcase. I had just opened a new 125ml bottle of Davidoff perfume, i sprayed it on my T-shirt on my way out of the room for my walk. I took my room key with me. I was out for about an hour. During this time, someone had got into my room and got away with my bottle of perfume.

I reported the matter to the hotel management but they did not seem to bother much about it. I question the level of control they have on guest room access. I say this because, most of the rooms have card access control installed on the doors.

However, when i was checked in, i was initially assigned to room 127, i was given keys while my colleague was assigned to another room on the same level but issued with a card. When i opened room 127, there was an open suitcase on the floor with guest items in the room. I realized that someone was still using the room. I advised the receptionist who then assigned me on the lower level into room 121. When i called the hotel MD to tell him about my situation, he mentioned that the room was a card control room. but i was only issued keys to room 121. I concluded that there would be double access means to all the rooms by keys and card.

i had to stay for 2 nights as all the other hotel accomodation were full. It was 2 nights of feeling insecure knowing that the room was no longer private and that it was possible that staff were going through your personal belongings while servicing the rooms.

To those intending to travel to the north, please avoid staying at Hotel North Pole. Other hotels like Grand Eastern and Takia offer far better security and guest service.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
9  Thank Epeli K
Reviewed April 8, 2017 via mobile

Clean hotel with modern equipment, friendly and polite staff. There is fast food joint in the first floor of the hotel. Located at the heart of labasa town. Convenient location everything you will need is within walking distance.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business