“Most welcoming place in Savusavu”
Review of Daku Resort

Daku Resort
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Savusavu
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Most welcoming place in Savusavu”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have been staying at the Daku Resort on more than a dozen occasions during the past three years. The Villas are spacious and comfortable with fabulous views of the sea (the resort is meters from the ocean. Importantly, it is also walking distance to the Savusavu Marina and the sleepy town centre. Since I have been staying alone at the Resort for conducting business in Savusavu, I have truly found Daku to be my second home. JJ and Delia are the most welcoming host you will find in Fiji (that is saying a lot, in the friendly isles). I really have been treated as a member of the family by JJ,Delia, and their staff. They have created a real communal atmosphere that allows to you to easily meet other guest at dinner and you really feel at home. However,if you prefer to be more alone, they are very unobtrusive and do not in the least make you feel awkward, I have had so many enjoyable evenings chatting with JJ and Delia, their staff, and other guests. I would recommend the wonderful and affordable resort to families and couples on holiday or if your like me and on your own, due to business or whatever.

I am really surprised with Rhiana G review as they obviously arrived in a bad mood and seem to lack a sense of humor (especially about the pina Coladas, obviously made in jest) --Please! I stayed here as recently as last month and have always found the rooms to be of the highest sanitary standards. It seems these blonds are freaked out by probably a single black hair- oooh scary.

Do not let these knuckleheads put you off, you will have a wonderful stay!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Kathryn B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I have never actually written a negative review because I never want to harm someone's business, but we just had such a bad experience I really felt the need to share. Our trip started out by our first 2 flights getting cancelled due to weather so we missed 2 nights at Daku. We thought because it was unforseen circumstances we would not get charged for them but we were- ok, oh well. We contacted them once we knew when we were getting on a fight, etc and they said they would pick us up at the airport. They did not- we sat there waiting for in the pouring rain for 30min and eventually someone there offered to give us a ride. When we got there the vibe was just weird. We asked if we could get a Pina Colada and she made a comment about not usually having such heavy drinkers there so early! It was 4:30pm and we wanted 1 Pina Colada to share. But the biggest thing was that the bure was so dirty, the walls had mold and we did not want to put anything on the bathroom counters because it had black hair all over it (we are blond). Bottom line is things didn't really improve and it was just such a bummer because the other reviews were so positive. We would never go back- but the next place we stayed at in Fiji was amazing so it made up for it! (don't get breakfast- it's $15 for cereal, not a buffet breakfast?)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Rhiana G
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Eight of us ( 2 families) spent 7 days at Daku in January 2012 with 4 teenage kids between us. Our family (4) stayed in the Villa, which was spacious and comfortable with a fabulous view, great for evening drinks on the terrace. However, as the other reviews say, it was Delia (thanks again for the impromptu yoga sessions!!), JJ and the wonderful staff that made the holiday special. They went out of their way to welcome us and organise excursions they thought the kids would enjoy. The tubing was a highlight as were the dolphins, and the diving was, as promised, world class. The boys still talk about the hammerhead sharks!! Would recommend this resort to anyone who wants to see a bit of the real Fiji.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 February 2012

The accommodations were nice,a little porch for viewing the ocean.nicely landscaped and marvelous host, hostess and staff

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 February 2012

We had five days at Daku. The bures was fine but needed a bit of updating. The view and pool were excellent. What made the stay so great was JJ ,his wife and the staff. You are part of the family and well cared for.
Our major problem was the weather-watch out for Mother Nature--check to make sure you don't go in the middle of Rainy Season but that's what makes the islands green.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank traveler996
Portland, Maine, United States
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Hello,
We had a great time on Savu Savu at the Daku resort. JJ and Dehlia were excellent hosts. This is a great place to go if you want to interact and get to know your hosts and the other guests. Our 11 year old son hit it off with JJ and they passed so much time talking geography together. JJ knows everyone at the other resorts and dive shops so he can connect you to any activities and people you would want to see on the island. Also, the staff at the resort were very helpful and one of them has an amazing voice which was especially fun to hear when he was playing ukulele with some other locals.
This resort is "funky". It is not traditional. The rooms/bures are all different. If you are looking for fancy accommodations, you may want to look elsewhere.
If you want great hospitality and a great place to get to know Fiji this is the place to go.
Also, we ate dinner here twice and the food was as good as the company.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I recently stayed at Daku resort in Savusavu.
I had 7 days there.
The owners and the staff are all lovely. I got picked up at the airport, even though I hadn't asked to be, and was made to feel most welcome by everyone at Daku.
My Bure was lovely, high ceilings, two beds, bathroom, nice porch overlooking the water which was only 20 metres away.
The food was fresh and healthy.
They have a great Yoga platform so I practiced yoga every day, looking at the beautiful ocean.
I scuba dived two days, and the owners very kindly organised that for me and drove me down to the Cousteau resort where the diving goes from. The four dives were awesome and the divemasters very knowledgeable and professional.
I even had a game of tennis with JJ, the owner and he beat me 6/0, 6/0, 6/0. So i'l have to go back to try and get a game off him.
When my flight home was cancelled because of bad weather, Reception kindly rebooked my domestic and international flights for me. All in all I had the best week. I'll definately go back, Thanks guys!

Room Tip: They're all good, mine was the most basic but you can get a whole house or a bure with a pool an...