All reviews jj and delia yoga retreat yoga platform long table other guests pool house bayview villa communal table road scholar savusavu bay interesting people taxi ride fijian family overlooking the bay ceiling fan wonderful hosts snorkeling trip
Reviewed December 28, 2015 via mobile

My family and I stayed over night. The place was really nice and the staff was very welcoming. The WiFi was free and the pool was open 24 hours which was great. I was able to get 2 bedrooms for $200 and a separate mattress for $30.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Saajidah S
Reviewed December 26, 2015

At Daku resort we stayed in a small comfortable bure overlooking the gardens and the sea. The small covered porch gave us a chance to relax and enjoy our view. The pool was clean and refreshing after a walk through Savusavu.
We were delighted with the food especially as we have dietary requirements. The cook was very accommodating and prepared lunches and dinners that were very tasty. Especially the fish and chip made with walu fish and nice golden fries.
Daku offers a lovely retreat programme for artists and yoga enthusiasts. Classes are usually in the morning with small excursions planned in the afternoon. Daku is close to Jean Michel Cousteau Divers and it is easy to make arrangements to dive in their amazing waters. We were privileged to see 8 turtles, many sharks, barracuda, and other amazing sea life. There is a beach area with kayaks and Daku offers snorkelling trip. Easy access to Savusavu town and all dive sites providers. This is not a high end resort but in its category it is great value and a true Fijian experience. They offer a range of bure including family size units with private pool.

Room tip: Avoid a unit close to the pool in case of pool party noise
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank PierreSeguin
Reviewed December 9, 2015

we had an amazing time for a weeks stay at Daku Resort - snorkelling, visiting local villages who sung for us and took us to the local rain forest waterfall . my room clean, and comfortable with views...... wow

no TV, Phone email for the whole week - it was just great - food provided was varied and fresh and promptly served with lots of extra and welcome by the Fifji staff

Room tip: choose buru for cosy stay with outside shower - amazing - all facing views
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed December 8, 2015 via mobile

Daku was just like another family, I loved the laid back atmosphere all the staff where amazing thank you for making my stay fabulous.Will defiantly be back would recommend daku to all my friends and family.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed December 8, 2015

I stayed solo for 5 days, part of my stay the resort had a large friendly group of Aussies, the last few days it was much quieter. Throughout the staff was very helpful, taking me on several snorkel trips, and local tours despite being a solo. Just ask Aubrey or George for ideas, or just mellow poolside with some good meals. (Pool is adequate size, one end has steps which makes for play with children if you have a family). Wifi is good at the main building, less consistent in your cabin. Rooms have AC but also great breezes, comfortable, mine had a great outdoor shower. Fridge in room.
Town easily walkable, I went a few times for meals. Or a cheap cab drive.
This is generally a quiet low key resort with a fabulous staff who know your name and will make your stay enjoyable.

• Trip type: Travelled solo