All reviews jj and delia yoga retreat yoga platform other guests bayview villa communal table pool house savusavu bay interesting people owners and staff taxi ride fijian family wonderful hosts ocean view bure ceiling fan snorkeling trip great company
Reviewed May 17, 2018 via mobile

I haven’t written a bad review before but feel that I have to in hopes it will make the owners finally put some care into the resort. Our pillows were full of black mold and my mattress smelled so bad I had to complain and ask to be moved to another resort. Unfortunately no other rooms were available so I was stuck. They removed the mattress and pillows for me since I was there for a week but the room still smelled so I had to sleep with my friend in her room. When I checked out, I couldn’t believe it but saw them carry the old, urine stained mattress back to the room! The resort needs a lot of TLC and updating. I don’t think the “maids” use real cleaning products and felt like everything was very dirty and unsanitary. I also had a variety of bugs, ants, slugs and spiders in my villa. I know it’s a tropical island but it was not what I was expecting. It gets 2-stars max. It was such a disappointment flying across the world to have that experience. On a positive note, the majority of the staff like Peggie and George were very sweet and helpful. The view and proximity to the ocean was also very nice. My advise- CHECK YOUR PILLOWS!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank kkoury930
DakuResortFiji, Owner at Daku Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2018

We are so sorry that you had a disappointing experience. We have changed the pillows and sprayed the bure thouroughly. Please accept our sincere apologies.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

I hosted an art workshop and stayed at Daku Resort. It was lovely to be greeted by Delia and JJ upon arrival. Our room was clean, air conditioned and maintained daily. We had a great view of the bay from our Bure and the gardens were beautiful. We ate all meals at the resort which was included in our package and the food was excellent - the staff were fabulous and greeted us all by name. We were shown lots of traditional Fijian culture and various sightseeing throughout Savusavu. A wonderful experience was had by all of the workshop attendees and I hope to return!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Ann S
Reviewed April 1, 2018

We just had a great snorkelling trip at Daku resort. The owners, Delia and JJ and staff could not have been more welcoming or helpful. We went out to some great snorkelling spots and the schedule was extremely flexible to make the most of the tides and weather. Our meals were great, fresh local food with an opportunity to try many Fijian dishes. Anna went out of her way to prepare any special requests and great birthday cakes.

Reviewed March 26, 2018

Have just returned from an excellent week at Daku Resort. The reason for the visit was a pastel painting class attended by my wife. I was somewhat concerned that there might not be much to do while she was in class, but I needn't have been. There were free kayaks to use as well as snorkeling equipment and, of course, there was always a trip to Savusavu town, just $4 by taxi.

The staff members were excellent, especially George who looked after us on trips to a waterfall and a local village. The owners JJ and Delia were also very helpful, JJ ran us into town and to the airport when we left and Delia led a snorkeling trip just in front of the resort, pointing out a wreck and good locations to see fish.

We stayed in a bure, which provided basic air-conditioned accommodation. Ours was one half of a family bure and although our neighbours were friends, we would have preferred a detached bure as we could hear some noise from them.

Our package included all meals and we particularly enjoyed the fact that all the guests shared one table. It made meal times very sociable.

One tip for snorkelers, bring your own reef shoes. Access to the sea in front of the resort is not sandy and although the resort does provide equipment, I didn't find reef shoes to fit.

Room Tip: A detached bure would be best.
1  Thank Nick L
Reviewed March 21, 2018

My husband and I stayed at Daku for 3 nights - definitely the best budget option in Savusavu. We were upgraded to a villa and it was beyond lovely. Comfy beds, private plunge pool, and an incredible ocean at the doorstep. The food at the restaurant is a bit expensive, but there's a grocery store in town (Max Val-U) where we bought all our goods and veggies at the market and just cooked on our own.