I have just come back from a holiday at the Anchorage.
I was staying in an oceanside room which is close to the pool and restaurant. The room was clean and tidy and is a good size, with a large bathroom and a great view.
All of the staff were, without exception, friendly and helpful.
The lunch mains are mostly F$12 - F$18. The dinner mains are mostly F$22 - F$32. Fiji beer is $5 for a stubbie, or $4 during happy hour (5pm - 7pm nightly).
I had lunch at the Anchorage on three or four occasions and enjoyed it.
There are daytrips to Beachcomber Island from the Anchorage for F$99, which includes lunch, snorkelling etc
I had dinner at the Boatshed Bar and Restaurant at the nearby Vuda Marina which is worth a visit. The food was good and it has nice views.
Some of the reviews below are in my opinion overly critical. I suspect some of it is people who want to book a 3 star hotel, pay 3 star prices, then demand 5 star standards.
If you want a clean tidy hotel with a friendly relaxed atmoshere, this place is great. I will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Experience the best of Fiji by staying at the Anchorage Beach Resort on mainland Fiji, perfect for couples or the whole family. The Anchorage beach resort will provide the perfect launching pad to experience the wonders of the Mamanuca islands. We are often the choice for many travelers first or last night on the mainland when proximity to the international airport is an absolute must. From here you are in reach of some of the best surf and crystal clear snorkeling Fiji has on offer and various mainland excursions and activities.We are an intimate hillside boutique resort with its own secluded palm fringe beach, set amidst lush tropical gardens with breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean, nearby mountains and uninhabited islands in the distance. Join us for a truly relaxing tropical getaway.Do as much, or as little, as you please. Relax and unwind on the beach and by the pool. Wander through our tropical gardens. Take an afternoon nap on a hammock. Learn the local culture from our friendly Fijian staff. Indulge in delicious meals. Or embark on a variety of excursions available from the resort jetty. Our comfortable rooms are set in a tranquil environment - just meters from the beach or in the gardens providing the magical backdrop for the most amazing sunrises and the majestic sunsets.Our resort's super convenient location provides one of our most important benefits. We are located only 20 minutes from the Nadi International Airport , 10 minutes from the Sugar City of Lautoka and 2 minutes from the historical Visesei Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Anchorage Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anchorage Beach Hotel Lautoka
- Anchorage Beach Lautoka
- Anchorage Beach Resort Fiji/Lautoka