2,017 results
All reviews stayed at le meridien sandy bottom french polynesia overwater bungalow grocery store koi pond la plantation pool bar fish chez remy windstar cruise other islands per person free wifi in the lobby french restaurant hotel shuttle the main hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here before and after a scheduled cruise around French Polynesia. Room was good and modern. Same with bathroom. One thing the property lacked (which I was surprised for a modern resort) was an exercise room. Overall the staff was kind and attentive and the rooms modern and clean.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I was booked here thru work and was given a suite. I was very impressed. I arrived late in the evening and after a couple of long flights to get here is is nice to see the friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness of the room. The next morning is walked around the grounds and this place looks great. But keep in mind it is not cheap but as they say you get what you pay for. I would definitely use this place for private travels

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Came to this hotel for dinner before the airport.
Dinner at Carre .. the beach side restaurant was not pleasant. The man serving our Pinot Grigio was most displeased that we wanted our white wine cold. Muttering something indecipherable as he begrudgingly plunked the offending bottle into a bucket of ice.
Dinner was expensive and not worth a meal at half the price.
The hotel is old and in need of extensive repairs to the common areas, sidewalks and pool. The pool water was murky.
So happy that we did not need to spend a night here

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I stayed at the hotel for 5-nights. Though rated in the top two in Tahiti (along with IC), it was quite disappointing, especially by SPG and Le Meridien standards. The upper deck, which most of the upper rooms overlook was drained so our view was a black tar pit! I could not make an appointment at the spa - it was always closed, and there is no gym, jacuzzi or steam/sauna facilities on-site. There is only one pool which has a sandy bottom, though it looked nice, I didn't see any way which the pool was cleaned/filtered other than by hand. When I arranged a tour through the hotel the day before, that morning the staff could not find any info that it was booked. Most of the staff did not speak English and didn't seem happy to be there, in comparison to other SPG hotels in which the staff are all so welcoming and friendly. As a Platinum Elite Lifetime member, I am typically treated like royalty and receive a room upgrade, which I don't think they even acknowledged my status and my suite awards request was not granted. I had a standard room on the SPG floor, with no table or chairs to share a meal. The rockers on the balcony are so low and uncomfortable it makes sitting outside on the balcony uncomfortable. The panini from room service was really good, but the food in the restaurants was just ok and the service slow.. There are not a lot of hotel options in Tahiti but I will avoid staying in Tahiti next time. Traveling from Tahiti to the Le Meridien in Bora Bora was a completely different experience and made the entire trip worth it!

Stayed: October 2018
Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

We had an brief stay at the Meridien. One night there was a very noisy competition conference with incredibly loud music to 11pm. If you’re looking for peace and quiet perhaps this is not the hotel to stay at or check what events are on. Rooms very nice. Pool area lovely. Beach is very limited. Older style 70-80s hotel which needs an update.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
fan689, assistante de direction at Hotel Tahiti Ia Ora Beach Resort - Managed by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2018

Ia Ora Na,
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments about your stay at Le Meridien Tahiti. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. We inform you that our owner is planning for the future months some renovations in the hotel. We sincerely hope you will have the opportunity to travel again here and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you at Le Meridien Tahiti to prove you that a stay with us should always be filled of pleasant memories.
Warm regards,