See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 25, 2017 via mobile

Stayed at Sherwood for 2 weeks in February. It is my tenth time here.

Sherwood makes improvements every year, despite the heat, humidity and being about fifty feet from the high tide line. Maintenance is ongoing. This year, there were new sheets and towels and curtains that helped keep out the light.

We always get an ocean side unit with a balcony and it is a treat to leave the door open to sleep to the sound of the surf.

The restaurant is much improved. It used to be that one waited forever for a meal but I found that, this year, it was much improved. The cerveche is the best. Also the complementary breakfast is quite good and varies every day. Sherwood 's beef is tender, which is unusual for Tela.

Hotel is clean and most things work well. Internet is being upgraded so it can be used in rooms instead of just in the public areas. It is still a work in process.

Note that my rating is by Honduras standards but you can't go wrong here and the staff is delightful.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2017 via mobile

Beachfront restaurant with a view, water feature drowns the natural beach sounds, fishing line laced around the perimeter used to keep birds out. Service was good, food average, and reasonably priced. We tried the seafood soup, fresh fish, conch, and grilled chicken. Tried them all, soup was best then conch, fish and chicken I could have cooked better at home. Did not stay at hotel.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed February 7, 2017

I accidentally went here for dinner while thinking it was the nightly acclaimed place next door. We had a wonderful dinner (much better than the place next door which we tried a different night) Our waiter was good and our food was prepared well. I would eat here again.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2017

Went there with a group of friends for a few drinks at the restaurant and I wasn't disappointed! The Piña Coladas were Fantastic! The waiters were extremely nice and even the owner walked to our table to see if we were content, we had a very nice time.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 26, 2016 via mobile

stayed at the Sherwood for the weekend in June 2016, this hotel has a long tradition in Tela, I know it is at least 12 years old. I stayed in a double room, it had a bed big enough for 2 adulta and a smaller bed for 1 adult, small flat tv with cable, air conditioning, ceiling fan, balcony with street and beach vies and storage units. they gave us a complimentary watermelon drink as a welcome, continental or pancake breakfast is included with fee. Staff was very friendly and helpful especially Ms. Pedrina. The hotel is located in front of the municipal beach, los of local tourists go there on weekends, on sunday morning we were awaken early beacuse of noise coming from the beach at around 8:30am... the hotel is a bit old, the wooden floors creak, rust on balcony and overall the structure seems dated. however bathroom seemed renovated, hot water, clean toiley, mirror and lights, no complaints.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple