See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is clean, poor lighting in the hallways and rooms, bed is comfortable, complementary breakfast, right in front of the beach not too many selections on the food, but close to few restaurants, full bar, no phones in the rooms and no elevator which annoyed me because i forgot a few things and had to walk from the 3rd many times, one thing that i was upset about was that i bought a bottle of vodka from the supermarket and wanted to drink by the beach and they said i couldn't and i needed to pay a fee like they owned the beach or something i pretty much ignored it and they left it alone, friendly staff they helped in every way possible the pool is nice out of service the day i got there but they fixed overnight this is a basic hotel which in my opinion not worth the price

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2017 via mobile

Stayed at Sherwood for 2 weeks in February. It is my tenth time here.

Sherwood makes improvements every year, despite the heat, humidity and being about fifty feet from the high tide line. Maintenance is ongoing. This year, there were new sheets and towels and curtains that helped keep out the light.

We always get an ocean side unit with a balcony and it is a treat to leave the door open to sleep to the sound of the surf.

The restaurant is much improved. It used to be that one waited forever for a meal but I found that, this year, it was much improved. The cerveche is the best. Also the complementary breakfast is quite good and varies every day. Sherwood 's beef is tender, which is unusual for Tela.

Hotel is clean and most things work well. Internet is being upgraded so it can be used in rooms instead of just in the public areas. It is still a work in process.

Note that my rating is by Honduras standards but you can't go wrong here and the staff is delightful.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2017 via mobile

Beachfront restaurant with a view, water feature drowns the natural beach sounds, fishing line laced around the perimeter used to keep birds out. Service was good, food average, and reasonably priced. We tried the seafood soup, fresh fish, conch, and grilled chicken. Tried them all, soup was best then conch, fish and chicken I could have cooked better at home. Did not stay at hotel.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed February 7, 2017

I accidentally went here for dinner while thinking it was the nightly acclaimed place next door. We had a wonderful dinner (much better than the place next door which we tried a different night) Our waiter was good and our food was prepared well. I would eat here again.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2017

Went there with a group of friends for a few drinks at the restaurant and I wasn't disappointed! The Piña Coladas were Fantastic! The waiters were extremely nice and even the owner walked to our table to see if we were content, we had a very nice time.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends