See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We spent one night with my 10 years old kid and the experience was good, average good

The owners are very nice people, they are polite and try to give a good service.
The location is kinda nice because is right in front of the beach, awesome view from the second floor rooms
Pool is nice for kids and very well maintained
The A/C works like a charm
The complementary breakfast was good, Honduran style and with a little piece of watermelon that was sweet as heaven
The service people is very nice

Now the bad
The access street is in very bad shape, maybe because of the rain, but it seems they don't care of it
They have parking, but not enough for the twenty rooms they have, they can probably hold 8 cars tops
even though the hotel is in front of the beach they do not have direct access to the beach, you have to go to the main road, which is just outside, but, just saying, if you advertise "Front of the beach" you should provide direct access
They told us the breakfast starts at 8AM, it didn't! i had to go downstairs 2 to 3 times and it was until 9AM I could get ours (i got to say they ended up bringing my breakfast, very nice of them)
The beach was dirty so seems they do not take care of it

overall, an average expirience

Room Tip: Choose upstairs, the rooms are way better. the ones below are humid and smells of moist
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mejiaks
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I loved their restaurant! It has a great view of the ocean in a second floor terrace and their the food was great! They had a nice vibe going, great music and really friendly service. I ordered a drink that wasn't on the menu and they were great at making it for me. Their soups were awesome, our visit there was really pleasant.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Judi C
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay. Hugo, his family, and staff provided great service during our stay. They were all friendly and made our stay in Tela a great experience. The rooms were simple, but very comfortable and clean. The resteraunt had good food. I especially enjoyed the bean and cheese fondue apetizer. The beach in front of the hotel was somewhat dirty, but we walked about a quarter of a mile down the beach near the La Ensenada resort and found a great spot. Make sure to take a beach towelle as the hotel only had room towels available. Hugo went out of his way to provide food that we wanted that was not in the menu. He gave us a ride to the bus station at the end of our stay. Overall this was a good place to stay for a great value if you enjoy keeping simple and don't need the bells and whistles of an all-inclusive resort. We plan to stay again at some point in the future.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed April 3, 2013

as all things in honduras you really don't ever get what's advertised...the pics online do not include a picture of the map where the hotel sits along the city's runoff water creek...so the smell can be bad...and the hotel in not on the beach but rather a blocks walk where the beach is more like a dirt from the runoff than actual sand...also the pool was never ever clean..i asked the supposed owner and his reply that too many people use it and that the night guard is in charge of the pool...lame excuse....the rooms where simple and bare..some details needed to be corrected like open electrical connections...and the a/c power connection is not conected with a plug,,they just put the open wires exposed...in terms of service breakfast is served after 8 am when the owners wife arrives...and the same meal everyday in small portions....so I guess in general I won't go back...ask for a google map pic before you send them the deposit

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank anleals
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Hotel Captain beach was one of my best trip experience I've had in a long time. I'm from Tela but had left the city a while ago when the hotel was not working yet, when I returned for a business trip I was recommended to check at this hotel and I totally enjoyed my stay. The service was great, the food was incredible, the beach view was just awesome and the people who frequent this place was so nice and warm. In my years living in Tela I never knew of a place that could have all this things all together. Definitely next time I'm on Tela this will be my destination. 100% recommended if you're looking for a place to remember and enjoy a wonderful trip.

Room Tip: The second floor rooms will help you enjoy from the magnificent beach view this hotel has so if you really want to enjoy from this you should definitely check in a second floor room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business