See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 25, 2017

This is a quaint rustic property steps away from the ocean. Situated in a Garifuna village it may shock some people but the Garifuna are very friendly and helpful when we couldn't find a door for the property. Close to the highway the GPS took us right to the door. FYI it has no sign or font door. We walked around to the beach side and came in that way. This was a clean well cared for property and they did everything to look after us. The owner cooked us a fantastic meal that night and a wonderful breakfast in the morning. This is not for everyone but it is beautiful and inexpensive. Thank you to the owner and her daughter

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed February 17, 2017 via mobile

We spent the day at this unique, small inn in order to eat a wonderful lunch at the beach that most locals visit.
The host/owner contacted me prior to our arrival in order to give us a briefing of the catch of the day, and menu so that we could choose, and so that she could prepare it.
When we arrived the hist and her family members went out of her way to please us and had set the table on the beach just as we requested.

This is a clean, simple, safe, unique and small inn that I highly recommend if you wish to visit something out of the ordinary, in a small garifuna beach community.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed December 7, 2016

My first trip here exceeded my expectations by far. The charming rooms and the overall unique decor made our stay relaxing and comfortable. The fresh conch was the best I've ever tasted, and all the entrees are made to order. Our hostess treated us like family. I would highly recommend it for those visiting the area.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 27, 2016 via mobile

I have been in this amazing places a couple of time and I always enjoy to take a nap in an Hamaca in front of the beach, I really love it. Could not be a five star hotel but it's beach and staff it's a five star. This is a place to get away from the noise of the city and really relax.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed December 12, 2015

Ok, now you are in the Caribbean side of Honduras. It is completely different experience than the rest of the country in a good way.

I stayed here for three days. I drove from all the way Copan to Tela. This hotel is about 5-6 km after Tela., and 1and half hour from the san Pedro Sula airport. If you are driving, keep your GPS on because there no signs on the road. There are busses to Tela, and then you can take the taxi to get here.

The roads will be a distant memory when you arrive at the hotel Its is ocean front hotel. You can park your car on the street, its very safe and secure. I was warmly welcomed. First impression of the place was inviting, hearing ocean and feeling the breeze was amazing.

The rooms were big,beds are comfortable and big too, clean, and cozy. I stayed at room number 3.

The beach is also quiet and in front of the hotel is pretty clean.

Mr. Emilio and his family were very friendly and helpful. They are known and respected by in the community. His wife is an excellent cook: you do not have to find another place to eat.They were so kind to take me to Tela for my daily needs. The food is fresh each day. They shop everyday.

You must need a mosquito spray for sure. But if you ask them, I am so sure they may have some available for you.

It is a great place for couples, families, and solo travelers like I am. Ocean is cleaner around this hotel bay. If you want to go partying or bar experience in Tela, they find a taxi for you for extra safety.

Of I go back to Tela again, this place will be my home to stay for sure.

ps: The locals are super friendly, but please ask them before taking any photographs. They will appreciated.

Stayed: November 2015