The White Coral(Port Blair)
US$44
US$35
US$109
US$72
J Hotel(Port Blair)
US$73
US$54
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$60/night.

Anugama Resort(Port Blair)(Great Value!)
US$62
  • Restaurant
Hotel Sentinel(Port Blair)
US$95
  • Breakfast included
SeaShell, Port Blair(Port Blair)
US$118
US$101
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnico barmandalay restaurantsea facing roomrupee notewooden flooringneeds renovationlight housetravel desktable tenniscoconut watersea breezeexcellent viewwelcome drinkview of the baynorth bayf bbeautiful property
Reviewed April 6, 2018

Fully agree with the previous reviewer, my stay would have overlapped with his and my experience was just the same. I will say that the airport pickup went without a hitch (albeit in a subpar vehicle) but that was about the only thing that went right despite good intentions of staff. The rooms are absolutely nothing like in the photos; they are dated, shoddy and ramshackle. The bathroom was such a dubious affair, with window slats open to the elements and red ants all over the counter, that I literally decided not to shower or use the bathroom if I could help it for the whole of my one night stay. We had a partial sea view, which you had to go out onto the balcony and crane your neck to see. Room service took upwards of 90 min to arrive and wasn't great (the coleslaw that is supposed to come with the burger occupies less space on the plate than a 25 cent coin). Most questions directed at the front desk (there is no concierge) were met with a smile but no actual answers - be these questions regarding the island, shopping, activities, etc. We asked for a taxi to be arranged 4 hours in advance and they forgot. It then took us 40 min to arrange transportation for dinner. Your choices in Port Blair are undoubtedly limited and we were recommended this hotel as one of the only decent options by our Havelock hotel (Taj Exotica) - but seriously, do yourself a favour and give it a miss. To top off a bizarre experience, we were apparently given a room near a VIP who was staying at the hotel, so there was an armed guard outside our door day and night with a shotgun!! Thank god it was all just for one night. If you're on your way to Havelock, you're really better off adjusting your flight timings to avoid spending the night at Port Blair - it's simply not worth it. And overpriced too!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2018

Maybe my expectations were to high, but in order to have enjoyed my stay at the hotel I would had to have very low expectations. It was just not one thing but a combination of every request was met with a no. Simple things (WIFI is limited to only the lobby area), I could not get a tea or coffee a 7 am to check my emails at the lobby - NO. Wanted sea food at the restaurant (no we don't have today), wanted a beer at the bar (no we don't have today). Can I get a coke (No coke / soft drink). Pool closes at 5pm - why? no food service or drinks allowed at the pool. WIFI was so limited was not usable (do not intend to check your email at this hotel). The agent for outside activities at the hotel was constantly changing stories / stretching the truth or not providing all the costs associated. Really wish I could give a good rating as I have never rated a hotel this low. Being a global traveler I did have some expectations, which were not met. Not sure how there are so many great reviews.

Room Tip: I would not stay here again.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank David J
Reviewed March 31, 2018

Our five night at the ITC Fortune last week was memorable. The staffs are very friendly, particularly both the Senior Captains of the Restaurant who made our stay very comfortable.

G.M Mr. Thapa, Executive Chef Mr. Amitava, FOM Mr. Soumya deserve big "Thank You" for their interaction, co-ordination & above all Guest Friendly approach.

We will again return to the hotel if we visit Andaman again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Prodip D
Reviewed March 25, 2018

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The rooms need modernising. But you will not get this view anywhere else. The rooms are sea facing. The views from the restaurant is bewitching.if you want a relaxing holiday, go to Fortune Bay

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2018

Excellent property and you get the best of the staff & food. Strategically located overlooking the mount Harriet and the North bay light house which features on the 20 rupee note. Rooms are very specious and good open space to enjoy the property and its ambience. Nico Bar not to be missed. Enjoy your drinks with live beautiful music with a blend of sea waves and soothing wind. Staff are very charming and helpful. Always willing to help & guide. Special mention for Ms. Georgina, Mr. Robin and Mr. Saumya at the front office. Do not forget to enjoy the food at their restaurant. Mr. Joy (restaurant manager) needs special mention. Very grounded, humble, always willing to support. We stayed for 2 nights with my 6 year old son and the experience was excellent. Mr. Joy took extra care of my 6 year old son however it was not required but the gesture was very touching. Try their dinner buffet - spread & taste is very good. If you are leaving early morning (for day out) and if your package includes breakfast then the entire staff were seen aware and supporting to ensure that guest carry packed breakfast. Restaurant starts serving breakfast by 7:30am but the entire spread might be available by 8am. So have patience and its worth. Generally the day tour of North bay and Ross island will require 7:30am pick up and if you are travelling with family (specially kids) then 7:30am will be bit tight. So you can check with travelling agent to plan the trip little late. This will really help. If you are planning to buy local items then plan everything from North bay (No place matches its price).

Wet napkins & Welcome drink (coconut water) was really refreshing.

The entire premises is full of surprises- in terms of photos/portrait/ various trees n plants. So take out time to move around and its worth.

I stayed in the garden facing room (the old built) and it was worth and enjoyed. The only problem is the room wooden partition does not stops your next room guest voice and you can hear most of it. Bathroom are bit small but with the required facilities. Since most of the time you will be out of your room so this can be ignored. The newly built facility is almost ready, so it’s worth waiting for it for the next trip.

The WIFI connection is only available in the hotel reception area. So you need to take out time (and visit reception area) to stay connected with rest of the world. Speed is very slow, so if connecting to your corporate network to catch up with your office work might not be a good idea. If you plan late evening to access internet - do not wear shorts as mosquitoes will not allow you to sit for long.

Very near to airport, so reaching airport is approx.15min affair.

Overall, excellent property with charming & ever supporting staff and strategically located. Worth staying.

Room Tip: In case you plan to stay back most of the time in Hotel then prefer Sea Facing Room
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family