“Fantastic cHotel, except for one glitch”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Park Hyderabad

The Park Hyderabad
Ranked #26 of 306 Hotels in Hyderabad
Pune, India
“Fantastic cHotel, except for one glitch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

Park is an amazing hotel. The rooms are ultra modern, with very sophisticated lighting. The security is amazing, as the floor is automatically selected in the elevator once the key is inserted. The staff is very helpful, courteous and friendly. The breakfast has wonderful variety, which include among other things shots of some exotic juices.

The only glitch, and a major one at that, is that the hotel has a disco in the basement. Hence, if you have sensitive ears like me, you can hear the drum beats from the disco starts at 10 pm until about 1 am. I think it is closed only on Mondays. I was given a room above the disco and when I complained about the noise, I was offered another room. However, since I was staying for multiple nights, I had my stuff spread out all over the room and I refused to change room. The staff was considerate enough to provide me another room just to sleep, away from the disco. They did this for all the nights that I was there.

Other than this, the hotel is simply wonderful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far away from the disco
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Saarbrücken
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

The Park Hyderabad got everything a hip, young and extraordinary hotel should have; but then something’s going wrong. Exceptional design is in sharp contrast to the successive decay of the building. The pool area is occupied by pigeons. They swim in the pool. No guest would ever think about going into the water. The pigeons are also nesting in the outside metal panels of the building. Constantly the pool boys are scrubbing the floor around the pool to remove the bird droppings. That’s not ideal and really disgusting when you find a dead body of a bird behind the couch. This must be changed!

The guests are still posh. The service however is lazy. Actually, you always have to look for someone, if you want to be served out there. Then some of the order will be lost, or you may wait for 40 minutes for an orange juice. Too bad. The bartenders do not necessarily know how to mix a cocktail (and I’m speaking of nothing special, just a simple Ginmartini – didn’t know that you could do so much wrong with it). The food was very good. The breakfast buffet served is rich and beautiful arranged. But in a price range that can easily be compared to a place like New York or Hong Kong, bad service is something you can’t ignore.

The room we have booked was without any flaw. It was one of the larger suites, with a huge bathroom and lots of little extras. That’s really nice. The design was inspiring. In the evening when we came to our room there was every time some little sweets on the bedside table.

And in the building: there’s so much to discover. The club kismet where Hyderabads in-crowd is celebrating itself until two o’clock, or the Q-bar with its icy crystal design, or the aqua-spa with a rich offer, or the lobby space with lots of beautiful design elements, or even the building itself which is a unique UFO in Hyderabad.

Conclusion:
One of the most beautiful places I’ve ever stayed.
The Maintenance is in need for an update.
And the service is lousy.

Would I come back here?
No! It was just not good enough. And all the positive things didn’t make the bad gone by. I hope they can work there problems out and shine again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank patami23
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

Beautiful hotel.. amazing rooms .. I think this must be most trendy hotel in hyderabad. the Night club was jam packed on the night i stayed (wednesday). The service in the resuarants is good and quick though the food can be a bit better.
What I loved the most was the modern design of the hotel, very boutique.

Room Tip: Their club floor rooms are good.
2 Thank bingover
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

This is with reference to the horrible experience I had during my stay at the hotel on 1st and 2nd November, 2011.

I had pointed out to the staff and manager Mr. Atulya after the first night’s stay, I could not sleep properly throughout the night as there was some loud & irritating noise of some electric component in the room, which started at 2 am on the 1st night. Even after my complaint, the same incident repeated on the next night as well, which was terrible. This happened at around 3.30 am! The Duty Manager (Ms. Pooja, I guess) had no courtesy to send the maintenance guy quickly at 2 am. The guy took really long to come & rectify the problem.

On the 2nd night, it was more frustrating as I had to change my room at that untimely hour, which was also far away from my room.

The quality & taste of food for breakfast was just very bad too. There was some instance of a huge glass breaking away at the poolside, very close to where we were sitting; this can be extremely dangerous.

I am surprised as to how can I expect such poor hospitality from a rather new hotel. I visit Hyderabad regularly and stay at the Taj Krishna and/or ITC Kakatiya. I thought of trying Park Hyderabad hotel this time, which proved to be a big mistake. Just some good, modern designs don't make great hotels. The hotel GM didn't even have the courtesy of meeting when his staff had made such goof-ups on two nights.

In spite of such dissatisfying services, the hotel had not even compromised on the billing. Instead, they were offering me some useless membership of Park Hotels, worth a petty Rs. 500 (US$ 10). They have charged from me the full rate for my stay, for which, the hotel management should be ashamed. Since they were least interested in comforting the situation after the incidents had happened, they also never gave me the contact details of someone in the company, who may be interested in improving the disgusting services at the hotel, after a long email had been sent.

I regret to once again say that this stay has been a horrible experience to me and I & our company members will NOT stay at the Park Hyderabad in the future. Also, it will be a good warning for any of us to NOT STAY in any other Apeejay group-run-Park hotels in India.

PLEASE DO NOT EVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL. CHOOSE TO STAY AT ONE OF THE MANY TAJ or VIVANTA by Taj hotels, ITC's Kakatiya Luxury Collection hotel, or some other.

Room Tip: Overlooking the lake
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank MagicCarp8
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

I stayed there for a night (literally!) and didn't get to eat at the restaurant or check out the other amenities at this hotel but I thoroughly enjoyed the room. Very classy design and extremely comfortable bed! just what I needed that evening....a restful night before a crazy patch of traveling. Iw ould love to go back there to explore the hotel further.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
TheParkHyderabad, General Manager at The Park Hyderabad, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Park Hyderabad and for providing us with your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time at the hotel. Your generous comments regarding our facilities are highly appreciated.

We look forward to having you back with us and promise the very best in hospitality at all times.

Warm Regards,
Anirban Simlai
The Park, Hyderabad
Aurangabad, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

class of its own hotel ,its centrally located and very relaxing cool place for business as well as holidays

Room Tip: take pool side rooms with good overview of the husain sagar
1 Thank hsdy2k
india
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

Checked in to The Park on 14th night at 10pm and was given a room above their disco Kismet. It was extremely disturbing and asked for a change of room and no one answered back. Had to call up the lobby manager and tell him that i either get a new peaceful room where i can sleep or i check out immediately. I was then give a room change but downgraded to a smaller room. I am a Preffered @ Park customer so i guess no one is preffered @ Park!

The first day breakfast service was horrible although there were enough waiters but no one could get you a cup of tea although asked 3-4 times. I left without having it and told the head steward on my way out. Well they listen i guess cause next day the service was much better.

I have stayed at this hotel 3-4 times and they have serious service issues which they need to address. The Park in chennai although an older hotel is much better with guest relations and service. I dont think i would return to them in Hyderabad atleast!

2 Thank surfindia