“ok ok medium”

Ranked #78 of 317 Hotels in Hyderabad
London, United Kingdom
“ok ok medium”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

The castle looks very out of place in the congested city of Hyderabad. I had expected a huge lawn and greenery around this hotel but was very disappointed by its location. the hotel rooms are no where close to luxurious. At first we were given a small room whose furniture was broken and we hated,the look of the hotel from outside is that of a castle, but facilities are very unlike castle.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank achlesh
AmruthaCastle2014, Front Office Manager at Amrutha Castle, responded to this review, 30 June 2016
Greetings from Hotel Amrutha Castle,Hyderabad!!!

Thank you for patronizing Hotel Amrutha Castle as your preferred hotel in Hyderabad. Our constant endeavor is to provide our guests a memorable experience.

We feel privileged by your good words of appreciation for the entire team and our property at large. It is feedbacks such as given by you that keeps the team motivated and encourages them to continue to deliver guest experiences.

We once again take this opportunity to thank you for your valuable feedback and look forward to welcome you to Amrutha Castle in the near future.

Anand Raj.S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 2 March 2012

have stayed in this place 2 times during my trip to hyderabad. During the first visit, the place was good with working infrastructure, during the 2nd vist found the infrastructure to ahve deteriorated. the look of the hotel from outside is that of a castle, but facilities are very unlike castle.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank SheetalKini
Greetings from Hotel Amrutha Castle, Hyderabad!!!

We thank you very much for having shown interest towards our Castle.

At the outset I would request you to accept my profound apologies for the inconvenience faced upon your visit at Hotel Amrutha Castle, Hyderabad.

It is with great concern I have made a note of your comments on the incident. We do take great care that our esteemed guest do not face any inconvenience, so on this occasion an acceptable standard has clearly not been met.

Customer feedback has always been an integral part of our learning, understanding and catering to the needs of the guests. I would like to assure you that the matter has been taken up most strongly with the concerned department heads and necessary amends have been made to avoid the occurrence of such.

Do let me know if there is anything else I can do to make your stay comfortable for future and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Thanks & Regards
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 19 February 2012

The castle looks very out of place in the congested city of Hyderabad. I had expected a huge lawn and greenery around this hotel but was very disappointed by its location. the hotel rooms are no where close to luxurious. At first we were given a small room whose furniture was broken and we hated the feel of the room. Therefore, we requested multiple times for a better room as we were celebrating our anniversary and we were luckily given a larger and better room. The towels were old and rough. The mini bar was empty. The bed was not exactly king size and it was hard. They need to improve a lot to be counted in world class budget category. Best Western should take heed of it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SwapnaNahata
AmruthaCastle2014, Front Office Manager at Amrutha Castle, responded to this review, 1 July 2016

Greetings from Hotel Amrutha Castle, Hyderabad!!!

We thank you very much for having your valuable feedback & shown interest towards our Castle.

Front Office Manager

Travellers are raving about these Hyderabad hotels

Accra, Ghana
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Before I visit a city, I do my due dilligence on Google Maps andTrip Advisor. First part of analysis for the Exact Location and second for overall feedback. Location is of Key Importance to me- and Amrutha Castle had all I wanted.

During my first visit to Hyderabad, I wanted to stay near Tank Band bridge and Birla Mandir. Some analysis on net and this Castle emerged as natural choice. Dont recall exactly but around INR 4000 for a deluxe room. When I arrived at the hotel, the first impression was amazing. Felt like entering a European castle where great Emperors probably stayed. I started anticipating a Royal treatment only get disappointed soon.

The front desk team at Reception had some confusion about reservation. I had to wait for five minutes before I could head to my room. The sparkle and brightness of a good hotel was missing. One of the staff told me that interiors were not kept glossy to make it feel like castle. His theory was proved wrong when I opened the door's . It was a very ordinary room. Absolutely nothing great about it. Very basic interiors and furniture. The washroom had a small tiny soap and nothing else. Room service was little slow. Food was good, but the Biryani did not live up to Hyderabad's standard. Breakfast was not at all up to the mark. The class of "Best Western" was missing in this property; it felt more like a " Country Club"

Despite the average experience, I wont mind staying here again. Reason- a stroll on the Tand Band Bridge late evening and visit to Birla Mandir compensates for everything.

Room Tip: No idea. Be "vocal" about your good rooom requirement and "push" for best.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank radhsh

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 27 January 2012

This is a very good hotel located at very good place of Hyderabad, just opposite to Secretariat. From outside it really looks like a castle. In room there is very good combination of stone and wood work which soothes the mind. The room is quite spacious. The names of the rooms are also based on some historical names, for example the name of my room was ‘Gawain’.
There is health club and swimming pool on 5th floor. Swimming costume is not provided here, you will have to bring yourself.
The famous Birla Temple is at walking distance from here. Lumbini Park and NTR Garden is also not far away from here. Food was good but little bit costlier. Tea/Coffee maker is available in the room.
Travel desk is there for assistance. Staffs were quite co-operative. Overall a very good hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Chennai, India
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Only good thing was the location, rooms were neat. Room service for 4 cups of tea as soon as i arrived cost me Rs.825. This put me off very much that i never used room service again during my 3 day stay except to order water. Breakfast was complimentary and was standard quality, Taste was okay, not too great for a 4 star hotel. I would not reccommend to anyone only due to cost factor.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family

US
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I had been to Hyderabad for a Business Trip in Oct'11. The initial impression that this hotel gives you is overwhelming. It looks Imposing and it feels that one has gone Back to the Medieval Era. It is almost as good as a real castle. The car park area is spacious and the lobby with the swords hanging on the walls attracts attention. The rooms are designed in medieval style. However, the moment the room doors are opened, you find yourself in a weirdly designed room. The beds were hard and there was no hot water in the bathroom.The breakfast is Ok and the staff was hospitable, Over all a poor experience. One can avoid this place for sure.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business