“nice rooms but noisy weekends”

Novotel Hyderabad Convention Centre
Ranked #17 of 307 Hotels in Hyderabad
New Delhi (Delhi), India
“nice rooms but noisy weekends”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

very nice rooms comfortable stay however
they have a poolside club and if your room faces the pool and you are on the lower floors then you will have music coming to your room till early morning
i stayed for an orthopedic conference om this weekend
even if you book the room with the hotel , breakfast is served on the conference - so why is the breakfast charged with room .
the explanation given is Sir there are 300 hundred of you -so why do you give the rooms to 300 people if you cant handle the breakfast
my colleagues had told me that the Hotel was good but the weekend is full of the younger crowd hence very noisy

Room Tip: if you want to sleep on weekends do not take pool facing rooms
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
TejusJose, Resident Manager at Novotel Hyderabad Convention Centre, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear Guest
First of all let me thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. I appreciate the fact that our rooms could meet your comfort levels.
In regards to the poolside party, we had a launch of our Poolside restaurant Le Cantina during your stay that may be a reason for the noise that evening. Apart from this we do get many non resident guests comming to the hotel during weekends who visit our Club and the Restaurants. Also our Sunday brunch at the Square and Le Cantina are a favorite for the locals in Hyderabad. Hence, the hotel looks more active during weekends.

With regards to your concern on the breakfast venue been canged due to heavy occupancy. I would like to mention that exclusive breakfast venue is organized to cater to guests occupying rooms thorugh conventions. Our restaurant (The Square) has a capacity to handle full occupancy during breakfast, provided all guests come staggered between 7 am to 10 am. It is certainly advisable to organize an alternate venue for all guests comming together for breakfast, which is incidentaly the case with groups and conventions.

We have made a note of your preference for your future stays.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, and assure you of a pleasant stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I love the Novotel Convention Centre. I almost always choose it for my stays in hyderabad. The only flip side is it's far from the city center - Banjara Hills, and beyond. But, there are shortcuts that will take u quickly to Jubilee Hills, which is half the way...
The comfort, the bar, the rooms, the food are all good. The bar with its live entertainment, La Cantina with its Mexican food, is a must try. The staff is courteous and pleasant. N, tis a hub to meet a variety of people from all walks of life.
Hope u enjoy ur stay!! I did!! I will be there again, mid- April for a few days, and with a bunch of my guests from Europe.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
TejusJose, Resident Manager at Novotel Hyderabad Convention Centre, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking time to provide us your candid feedback towards your experience at our hotel. I am glad to know that our product and services have met your expectations as always.

Thank you once again for your valued feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again.
Singapore
Reviewed 28 March 2012

This hotel room looks a bit dated. My bathtub had a tricky stopper that prevents the water from draining, so I had a little flood while bathing. I didn't bother to report this as it was just a 1 night stay, and not too critical.
I'd say it was very busy when I checked in, there were lots of crowds around...so i guess this place must be either cheap or popular... ;p.
Other than that, service and food are good. Location may be a bit out for me, but that depends on where you're going.
I'd probably choose another hotel in my next trip.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
TejusJose, Resident Manager at Novotel Hyderabad Convention Centre, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for providing your feedback on trip advisor.

I am sorry to have heard about the drain issue in your room. Your concerns have been looked at and will be considered in our refurbishment plan.

As far as the property being busy may have happened if there was a convention happening in the HICC (Hyderabad International Convention Centre) state of the art International Convention Centre attached to the hotel, whcih managed by Accor. The HICC has played host to most of the major international conventions and can easily handle a capacity of more than 5000 people.

Once again thank you very much for your feedback.
London
Reviewed 28 March 2012

The room was nice, clean and breakfast OK, but I was really annoyed by the third rate air conditioning. After a long hot dusty day you certainly appreciate coming into a nice cool room. No such joy at the Novotel, the lowest my room temperature came to was 23C. It seems they are really fine tuning the energy saving efforts, because the same applied to the public areas. Also difficult to get anything printed. Pool was nice, but no shops to buy anything other than jewelery and the simplest of Indian souvenirs. Wifi weak.

Room Tip: ask them if they have fixed the air conditioning.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Katrin09
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your candid feedback on the Tripadvisor. While positive feedback is very nice to see it is also feedback such as yours which help us better understand a guest’s perspective.

I am very sorry to hear that you were inconvenienced due the A/C not being effective. However, I am very surprised to have heard this concern as we have recieved feedback on the AC being overeffective, At the same time i would like to assure you that we have taken this feedback possitively and thankyou for giving us opportunity to revisit our processes.

We have four shops in the hotel on the lobby level, apart from having souvineer & jewellries the shops also have clothings, designer aparels and many more.

The Hotel is perceived by most of our guests as a being close to the CBD centres (3 km from hitec city and 6km from Gachibowli), yet being away from the noise of a road fronting hotel. At a mere 5 - 10 minutes walking distance, are some standalone restaurants for dining options. Besides this we are just 7 kilometers away from one of the largest Shopping mall in Hyderabad, the Inorbit Mall and are also just 1 kilometer away from "Shilparaman" the Indian Craft Market. We also have one of the largest Gated campuses that provides for a perfect jogging track for our resident guests.

We claim to be having the largest bandwidth in the city for our Wi-Fi all through the hotel, whcih is 15 mbps. However, I understand you would have used our free wi-fi offer wherein the speed is only limited to 256kbps. In-order to get High speed Wi-fi you would need to select the chargable internet packages.

Once again, thank you for offering us your much valued feedback which was very nice and specific. I and I do hope you will consider staying with us again on your next visit here.