“worst hotel with high room rate(actual room rate is more than shown in internet booking)”

Annapurna Residency
Annapurna Residency
Ranked #37 of 41 Hotels in Tirupati
bangalore
Reviewed 24 April 2012

i went to tirupathi 2 days ago with my wife, as we had seen the hotel photographs and room rates over here,we were quite sure about this hotel and thats why we went directly over there but it was very shocking that there was NO TARIFF CARD over there and also the staff was demanding more room rent than the actual (which is shown over here,for non ac rooms) they were asking for rs-800.later they took rs -600 for the non ac room.all the rooms are very dirty and there is no room service and room Housekeeping,they were providing drinking water after repeated reminders that to after 2-3 hrs. in short staying in this hotel was a HORRIBLE experience.

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

9 Thank sanjeevdas24

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
trivandram
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Agent from Trivandram (Kerala) booked two AC rooms in Annapurana Regency for my family trip to Tirupathi during April2011
A greate experience I had in my life are as follows:

On my arrival to Annapurana Regency hotel no person in reseption and I waited for 30 mts to get a room. Telephone lines providedgives long ring, No response.
The rooms has a stingy smell, especially bathroom had a very bad smell. No proper cleaning.
Bathroom water supplyed had drianage smell.
I booked 2 AC rooms and they provided one AC remote.
Frequent Power failure's and their gen-set was not in working condition.
When ever power fail,. AC unit required remote to re start. I have to knok the next room door to get remote.
The room boys were always smoking Beedies in coridors and the smell was entering our room.
Water heater avilable only from 7am to 7pm.
I found Room Boys using blanckets for their personal use.
Above all, on my check out day room nearly half a dosen roomboys blocked and demanded tips for doing nothing.

I pray Lord Balaji to give all prosperity to Annapurana Regency Properator & Staffs.

Room Tip: pl dont get cheeted
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank karthik k

Travellers are raving about these Tirupati hotels

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 19 March 2012

For all the economic travelers , who are not really inclined to luxurious stay , this is the place to be !!
Comfortable and Clean rooms with television .
Friendly staff and good service .
Clean Bathrooms with Hot and cold water available for 24 hrs .
Location is such that Govindarajpatnam , Tiruchanoor (Padmavati Temple ) and Alipiri (Starting point for pedestrians going to Tirumala ) are about 15- 20 minutes drive .
You will get lots of atuo rickshaws right in fornt of the hotel as it is located in a junction . Additionally,on request ,hotel staff will also arrange a cab to go to Tirumala and other sight seeing places around .

Flip Sides of staying in this hotel are :
No in-house restaurant .However , there is one mess at the basement of the building where you can get good food .Also other hotels like Chakrie , Bhimas residency etc with attached restaurants , are at a walkable distance where you can have a good lunch and dinner .
As the hotel is located at a traffic junction , noise from loud honking can be disturbing .

Overall : Good hotel for family stay and Value for money

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank RoopaKul
Bangalore Na
Reviewed 19 March 2010

We had a very quickly planned trip to Tirupati last sep. We couldn't manage to find any accommodation in Tirumala and finally had to settle for Annapurna residency in Tirupati. We had to book 2 rooms as they don't allow more than 4 in a room. The rooms were very clean with nice bathrooms and hot water all round the clock. The manager at the reception knows only Telugu and Hindi and we had to manage it with his broken Hindi. Fortunately one of our people knew telugu.
The only issue we had here was as we had taken the Darshan tickets at 6 AM and we had to be at Tirumala at 5 Am, we were asked to be ready by 3 in the morning and catch a bus to tirumala. There are buses from 3 in the morning but it takes nearly 45 minutes for you to reach there.
Nice place to stay but a little too far to the temple.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank manojITC
Bangalore
Reviewed 4 February 2010

If I had lived in one of the worst hotel that I have stayed, then why would I give it a nuetral rating then? Well here you go..

Had booked 2 rooms and ensured that we can check-in @ early morning 5:00 AM when we reach. After reaching the place @ around 5:30 AM, the person at front desk say that the room is not ready. Even after pleading that we had spoken earlier and request to check the register of any note, the front desk manager did not move. He was kind enough to give us a bathroom size (8 x 5 Feet) room for 4 people to accommodate for time being. I guess it was servants quarter or something. So the first experience was betrayel.

The hotel has open sewer in front & unfortunately our room that was given was facing this. Hence we could not open the windows as stink reeked in. We had taken a non A/C room and hence the room felt stuffy when everything was closed. Add to that there was mosquito menace because of open sewer. Also plenty of small cockroaches roaming around.

No good restaurant around and one had to go to Tirupathi Bus stand to find decent place to eat.

The service boy dress is filthy and he will go around pestering you for an extra rupee,.

For if all I have to RANT, then why did I give neutral rating then?

1. What can one expect from a one star hoteL/

2. The purpose of visit was to seek solace at lord Balaji feet & not to spend time lounging around the hotel.

3. The front desk manager was kind enough to give us servant quarter for few hours, which was especially important for my aging in-laws.

If your trip purpose is spirituality, then I would recommend to stay in Tirumala Tirupathi Devasthanam (TTD) owned room of Rs 500 & above. I am writing this because I checkout from this hotel and stayed at TTD room for a day. They are well maintained and clean and to of that very close to temples and you can book them online as well.

• Liked — Nothing that I want to remember
  • Disliked — Filthy location
  • Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
13 Thank mahesh393
Tirupati
Reviewed 17 December 2009

Overall I would say this is probably the best hotel we have ever stayed in on holidayand Perhaps not the most convenient if all you want to do is theme parks, but if you want to mix a little luxury with the odd trip to the parks then this is an absolute must

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Tourism2010
chennai
Reviewed 18 May 2009

The rooms are very small and conjested....they were not keeping the room ready untill a customer reached hotel to take the room, after waiting they cleaned the room and necessary things were not arranged till you ask them, towel, soap etc.,

Room boy servies are terrible..we ordered food at 1pm but they brought at 3:30pm after following up them many times.... there were no refrigeratior in the hotel to serve readily any water botttle or cool drinks etc.,

over all we adjusted and compromised many things although paying thousand rupees.

• Liked — none
  • Disliked — room service
  • Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank KrishnamurthyChennai