1,507 results
All reviews black lotus lava bar rose garden indian restaurant sector market coffee shop business hotel business trip duty manager swimming pool excellent stay hotel is centrally located excellent hotel the heart of the city nice property room service great hospitality
Reviewed November 5, 2017

We only stayed for the one night at the Taj, but it was a magical evening. Our visit coincided with the start of Diwali, and we were invited to the celebration, which was a small buffet by the pool, followed by lighting the lamps for Diwali and a firework display. The staff were very friendly and helpful, The hotel and rooms were clean and spacious and the food good. Would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

Room Tip: None of our group had any problems with any of the rooms
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris T
SinghSS1, General Manager at Taj Chandigarh, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2017

Dear Ms. Chris,
Greetings!!
It was a privilege to have you stay with us. Thank you for your lovely review on Trip Advisor.
It pleases me enormously to know that Taj hospitality and services were much appreciated by you. I am also glad to know that you had a great time on the Diwali poolside evening.
I happy to know the services delivered by my capable team made your stay comfortable and pleasant as always.
Looking forward to welcome you back soon and assure you’re a flawless experience each time you stay with us.

Reviewed November 3, 2017

The hotel's location is sound since the town centre is readily accessible. It has all the elegance and ambience of a Taj property albeit geared towards a business hotel. The leisure facilities are elegant and a pleasant haven after the heat of the city. The swimming pool is outdoors and during the day it can be too hot for comfortable use.

Breakfast is of a reasonable standard but it does not match the quality and standard of other Taj properties. In this respect it is a slight let down.

The staff are very professional, polite and helpful. In this respect they maintain the high standards set by most Taj properties.

Room Tip: higher floors will undoubtedly offer more attractive city views
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Ashvin,
Greetings!!
Thank you for sharing for candid feedback on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is essential to improve our operating and service standards.
I greatly appreciate your positive feedback about the hotel's location and the overall service standards. It will be my pleasure to compliment all my operations team on your behalf.
I have however made a note of your feedback with regards to the breakfast. Please be assured that the same has been shared with our Executive Chef and his team. They will make sure the quality and the layout is enhanced.
It will be our pleasure to be at your service soon and promise you a pleasant experience with us always.

Reviewed November 3, 2017

Great location , good food and courteous staff. I was here just for a day on business trip. Though this Taj is not as hospitable as you experience in Chennai , Taj Coromandel. But still decent.
Spread is quite good for breakfast.

Room Tip: Take corner rooms for quite sleep
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Jain,
Greetings from City Beautiful!
It was a privilege to have you stay with us. Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.
I am glad that the hotel location, its food especially the buffet breakfast and the staff courtesy were much appreciated by you. It would be my pleasure to compliment the team on your behalf.
Your patronage to Taj Chandigarh is truly valuable. We look forward on your next visit soon and assure you a flawless experience with us as always.

Reviewed October 30, 2017 via mobile

My stay was short and it was a business visit but even in the short period of time I found the service to be great.. The rooms are a bit dated but the service is immaculate, the food is outstanding (great Chinese restaurant) and all in all manages to uphold the Taj name... The property is not as lavish as any of the other Taj properties but for a business trip it was more than what was required.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
SinghSS1, General Manager at Taj Chandigarh, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2017

Dear Mr. Verma,
Greetings from City Beautiful!
It was a privilege to have you stay with us. Thank you for your lovely review on trip advisor as well.
I am glad the food at our Chinese Restaurant was much liked by you. It will be my pleasure to compliment the concerned Chef and the entire operations team on your behalf.
I would also like to let you know, that we have started refurbishment of our rooms. I have also instructed the team to allot you one of the newly refurbished rooms for your future visits.
We truly look forward on your next visit to Taj Chandigarh soon and assure you a flawless experience with us as always.

Reviewed October 29, 2017

The hotel is located in the heart of the city. Nonetheless, being one of the oldest 5 stars in the city, the room sizes and interiors are slightly out of place compared to contemporary hotels. The staff is very polite and helpful. However, in the wedding season, waiting times for cars or cabs is long at Taj due to extremely small reception area. Lastly, the breakfast variety is very average for a 5 start hotel. They had a few Indian delicacies along with a few continental dishes. Basic english breakfast spread was missing, which was a surprise to me in a 5 star hotels. More exclusive dishes such as waffles and crepes were not served for breakfast at all. In all, the hotel is overpriced.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
SinghSS1, General Manager at Taj Chandigarh, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

Dear Guest,
Greetings from City Beautiful!
It was a privilege to have you stay with us. Thank you for your candid feedback on trip advisor.
I am glad to know that the hotel location was much appreciated by you.
I have however made a note of your feedback with regards to the breakfast variety. Please be assured that the same has been shared with our Executive Chef and his team.
We truly look forward on your next visit to Taj Chandigarh soon and assure you a beautiful experience with us as always.