“Decent hamburger”
Review of Hi-D-Ho Drive In

Hi-D-Ho Drive In
Ranked #4 of 94 Restaurants in Alamogordo
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Between Richardson Motors & Papa Johns Pizza, Gotta look you might miss us! Pets welcome.Outdoor dining only yes it's hot its summer, yes there's some flying insects, were outdoors!! If you want $3.00 burgers go to McDonalds.If tattoos offend you or short shorts, not for you.If you can wait for a good meal, yes, If you want fancy dining, not for you!Smoking is ok.
Reviewed March 30, 2013

It was busy and only one gal was working. Took a little while to get our order in. This seems to be the case in the entire state of New Mexico, lots of waiting for service. Pack you patience. On an order with 8 people, 1 burger was wrong. It took a long time to re-make a child's cheese burger. They had no healthy options at all.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Based on Tripadvisor reviews I visited Hi-D-Ho on March 24th, 2013 at 12:45 PM. It's on the main drag along White Sands. While most diners appear to do all of their eating in their autos and pick-ups I chose to eat inside where they have 3 diminutive booths. The interior is tiny. So much so that you couldn't swing a dead cat in there without hitting every interior wall. I was about to order their namesake 'Tiger' burger, priced at a hefty $7. The Tiger burger is a double patty cheeseburger drenched in hot salsa verde. In other words; A hot mess.

The problem was that the booth next to mine was occupied by two homeless gentlemen. While they appeared to be well behaved I detected an olfactory deficiency in their personal hygiene that convinced me to take my order outside for consumption. It turns out that the 'Tiger' burger's most notable quality is its name. At seven bucks it's hard to stomach. Staff of 2 young women and an older grill person were very pleasant. At least there was that.

I cannot imagine why this joint is rated number one in Alamogordo. As it stands; I won't be coming back.

1  Thank Michael R
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I are on the search for greatness in a green chile bacon cheeseburger. This drive-in was ranked 3 in the state of New Mexico for 2011, so we gave it a go when passing through this month. He got the tiger burger with green chile and bacon, and I got the same in a single patty. This place held it's own for sure! Great price, great burgers. Just don't expect to dine-in on a cold night. Indoor seating is more of an afterthought!

1  Thank LCW_fil
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Great little stop! I had the Luigi burger and my girlfriend had the chicken fajita burrito. She said it was a bit too greasy and a tad too much garlic. However my burger was excellent. Our son had the Mayton burger and he said it was the best burger ever. And he is a burger connoisseur. Make it worth your stop.

1  Thank Mark28y
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Best burger in town. Must try! Tiger burger w green chile. Have to visit on nice day because inside seating is limited.

1  Thank Bryan L