All reviewsswimming poolcooperative staffwalking distancerooms are spacious and cleansuite roomfood qualitynorth goaprivate beachpleasant staygoanramambiencemr
Reviewed December 3, 2011

I would not send my worst enemy to the rooms we were given. Arrived at 8:50 and although only 4 in our group and another couple we were made to wait while the only person on duty finished a lengthy private conversation with a colleague on our side of the counter. Checked us in with all the usual form filling and called the porter to show us to our rooms when there was a sudden commotion with them all speaking (shouting) at once. We were then informed our rooms were not yet ready but would be in 1 hour. Not a good start when you've just travelled for 20+ hours. I suggested that we wait in the restaraunt and could we have some breakfast, maybe tea & toast? "Certainly sir, but you will have to pay for it" was the persons response. At this point I asked for the mobile no of our rep. I was not able to get him initially but by this time our rooms were ready (30 minutes later rather than the 1 hour). We each entered our rooms which were adjacent to one another and within 20 seconds exited and informed reception that we were not accepting the rooms. We had booked de-luxe suites at the Sonesta Inns but due to them not having renewed the contract with our tour operator had been offered this as a fair and equal alternative. To say that the rooms were basic is a mammoth understatement. They were dirty in the extreme with grubby whitewashed walls, chipped plaster work throughout and very shabby paintwork They were depressing, the furniture appeared to have been salvaged from a council refuse site. After a nine hour battle we did get moved. Picture here are not a true representation,

Room Tip: I'm not sure there are any!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Leeds12fella
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I was at the Goan Village Resorts in December 2010 for a part of our multicity honeymoon trip. We were looking for a relaxing and refreshing holiday weekend and we got just that.

Staff at the property was very helpful and attentive. The pick up was there on time. We got a very warm welcome and the room was what we were told and saw online at http://www.goanvillage.com

Sushant, Director of the resort was very helpful in guiding us about how to get a transport, places to visit, things to do, etc. He was available whenever you need him. Just call him.

I had a great experience and so did my parents. They stayed at the resorts from 13th to the 17th of September 2011.

Sushant was nice enough and gave us a very good deal for our second time there. My parents came back happy and couldnt stop praising how good the staff was, how delicious the food was and how easy was for them to get a hold of someone at the hotel and ask for anything they need.

I would strongly recommend anyone visiting Goa to stay at the Goan Village Resorts. They handle it all for you.

Once again, thanks Sushant for making it so hassle free for us and my parents. I look forward to visit you again this December.

Manish S.

Room Tip: The rooms are spacious, tidy and have everything to comfort you. But you may choose standard/delux based on your needs and family size.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Manish S
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Very good location, nice staff but smelly rooms and didn't like the food at all.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank SandeepKapoor
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We availed Deluxe room package but were given a room below the standard room in the B building. Had to argue with the front desk to get what was promised. They haven't advertised any of those filthy congested room anywhere on their website. So please be careful while putting up here!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank robinandy13
Reviewed April 16, 2011

I Would rate this hotel as 10 out of 10 for it’s satisfaction provided by them. I would say all should experience this hotel and get the feel of five star hotel which we middle class people cannot afford . I would say all staff has so coutersy and hospitality (true) nature always going out of way to keep guest happy. You will experience same right from reservation to your depature. It will not only with certain guest but all guest are treated equally. The main quality this hotel posses is young leadership and young talented employess.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business