This was our first time in Goa, and it was a shock when we arrived at the airport. To be honest we didn't know what to expect and were alarmed at the way people drive and the state of the place, I think we were a little niave. Once we had settled in, the place is just brilliant and we'll be going back next year. The rooms are spacious and are cleaned daily.
Lounge, Bedroom and Wet Room/Toilet. You get aircon and a fan in each room at no extra charge and a Fridge with Pop/Beers/Water all charge at the standard rate for Pubs/restaurants. The staff are super friendly and couldn't do enough to help or advise on trips and places to visit. I must make special mention of the Head Barman, Bala. The breakfast is Traditional Goan or you can select from the usual Cereals/Toast/Omlettes etc...
They have a Bar and Restaurant on site which serve both all day from 7am to 11pm. You can order anytime and the food is really good with a good selection on the menu. They even have barbeque nights (Wed & Fri) and you can sit by the pool and watch them cook your selections of Fish or Meat.
It took us about 2/3 days to get used to the goan way of life, it's not like anywhere i've been before, but as i said earlier i can't wait to go back. Having spent some time wondering around Candolim and speaking to other hotel guests, it is without doubt the best hotel in Candolim. I recommend you use a local trip company(we used John's Boats) as our tour operator was charging twice the amount for the same trip and then subcontracting to a local company.
Anyway, i'm digressing here. Back to the hotel. It is Off the main road but about 200m with a path leading down to the beach approx 600m away. There is very little traffic noise from the main road as it faces inwards, it may be different if your appt faces the road, our's faced the pool. It has a decent sized pool, with recliners and is constantly in the sun, It rises and sets in the east, so remember to turn over at Half Time :-)
I could just keep going on, but i think you get the idea.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Algeria - The Goan Village is a 3 star vibrant resort adorned with psychedelic paintings ideal for all sorts of holiday goers. The hotel offers all the luxuries and comforts of home facilitated with an efficient service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Alegria - The Goan Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alegria - The Goan Village Hotel Candolim
- Alegria - The Goan Village Goa/Candolim