We have just returned from a lovely 2 weeks in Candolim. We should have been staying at the Sonesta inns, where we stayed 2 years ago, and were disappointed to have been moved however as it turns out we liked the Goan Village better.
Although the Goan Village was not quite the same standard as Sonesta it was a very nice hotel in a very good location for lots of shops and restaurants. Our room, 304, was spacious and kept clean with a well stocked fridge (supermarket prices). However when the room was cleaned sometimes the clean towels were not delivered but contact with reception soon rectified this. The staff were all friendly and helpful and the food good especially the porridge at breakfast. the BBQ nights were good but I dont think they advertise them well enough. We had read on trip advisor that some of the rooms had noise from the dogs out back and we did hear these but it did not cause us a problem.
The beach is just a short walk from the hotel and we used to use the beach shack Club 21 which was great. We were looked after very well by Suresh and Bibi and the food was lovely.
There were so many good restaurants within easy reach of the hotel but some of the really good ones we found were Just Chinese, Green Jacket, Angaara (lovely Indian), Roma Pisa, Roys Thai and Ocean Beach Cafe. However for a simple fish & chips Patricks and Tonys are really good. If you want more upmarket food you need to go to After 7 at Calengute or East meets West at Baga which are only a tuk tuk or taxi ride away.
We were very pleased with our stay at this hotel and will probably come back to it next year or the year after.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Algeria - The Goan Village is a 3 star vibrant resort adorned with psychedelic paintings ideal for all sorts of holiday goers. The hotel offers all the luxuries and comforts of home facilitated with an efficient service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alegria - The Goan Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alegria - The Goan Village Hotel Candolim
- Alegria - The Goan Village Goa/Candolim