New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 62 Hotels in Candolim
Geneva, Switzerland
“Home Away from Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

I have spent in total 15 days in this green heaven away from the noise and the crowd of Calangute or Baga. I occupied a very spacious and spotless suite on the second floor, with a nice balcony and a view over the greenery and the colourful Bougainvillea flowers. It was really fantastic. The service is excellent. Lourenço and the whole staff are really attentive to your needs and are always there enquiring if everything is fine. Breakfast is also nicely dressed in the garden and Freddy (the person in charge of breakfast) is always worrying if you have enough coffe or toasts. Thank you all for making me feel at home. When I'll be back to Goa, I will defenitely stay at Bougainvillea again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank mapedosmar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Stromness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

My friend and I stayed at this fantastic guest house as part of a trip we made to India. Lourenco was the absolute perfect host, he could not have done more to make our stay more enjoyable and Freddy, Annie and the rest of the team were lovely too.
The rooms were lovely and clean. Spacious and comfortable and the flowers were a delightful touch.
The first couple of days I couldn't go far from the hotel as I had a touch of the 'Delhi Belly' (picked up before I arrived at Bougainvillea) and Lourenco got me some medicine that did the trick and Freddie cooked us a lovely light meal. They truly looked after us. We will definately go back there one day and I highly recommend it to anyone going to Goa.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Fiona C
Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

A wonderfull place to stay ...
It was our honeymoon trip and my honey was most impressed with the choice of the guesthouse i had made...
Kudos to the staff!!! They work their heart out to make you feel great...

Simply the Best Place to stay in Goa.

Room Tip: Choose the Penthouse if its a honeymoon.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank avinashpudha
Coral Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

The Bougainvillea Guest House is an amazing home away from home. Lourenco, Annie, Freddy and all the members of the staff truly care for your comfort and enjoyment. My wife and I had the room with a private sitting area tucked in the back of the house. It was great to sit outside, read a book and have a beverage or two. Our room was large and kept immaculately clean by the staff. It even came with a soaking tub.
There is no reason to go anywhere else for breakfast. Freddie is a great cook. We also ate a fantastic dinner one evening.
The location is great because it is just a touch outside the main area of town. It makes the days and nights as peaceful as can be. We rented a scooter through Lourenco for 300 rupees ($6) a day. Well worth the money. Getting around town is much easier and faster with the scooter. If you are nervous about driving on the streets, then be sure to ask for Mario. He is a taxi driver who will make sure to get you where you want to go safely and always with a friendly smile.
We experienced a horrible time with a rug salesman one town over and Lourenco took it upon himself to call his friend Mukhtar at A.G. Emporium. Mukhtar personally brought many different rugs to us. He did not want us to leave Goa with such a bad experience. He even packaged the rugs in burlap so that I could take them as carry-on luggage.
I highly recommend you read several more reviews and you will come to the same conclusion that I came to, the Bougainvillea is the only place you will want to stay at while on holiday.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Drew M
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

Our stay at Bougainvillea was fantastic. Lourenco, annie and freddie made the stay wonderful. nothing was too much trouble. let me explain - I have a 10 month old baby and freddie would happily arrange for his milk bottles to be cleaned at all hours of the day, provide hot milk for baby food, and boil water etc. all with a smile. Breakfast was spot on, hot and yummy. Lorenco arranged the bike as per my request namely a black bajaj eliminator and a car the next day. Special dinner was prepared as per our request and it was again delicious. Definately recommended and for a longer stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Nownew
Lichfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

Just spent 2 weeks over christmas with my girlfriend and my son at bougainvillea and we have to say that we loved it there, Lourenco and his team of lovely people were so friendly and helpful,we had breakfast there in the garden dining area every day,it was nice and quiet there, which was just what you wanted but still close enough to get to the centre of candolim on our hired scooters in a few minutes,also we have to commend Lourenco and his staff for how spotless they keep the whole place and would recommend it to anyone in the future. big thanks to Lourenco and the gang.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Gary D
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

My wife and I have just returned from 3 weeks stay at The Bougainvillea over Christmas and New Year.
The Sunburn Festival was on for 3 days and Candolim was very very busy up to New years Eve, it was a relief to get back to the tranquil well kept garden at the Bougainvillea to escape all the mayhem on the main roads.
We where staying in the penthouse suite and actually left the beach before midnight and spent the rest of the night on the large private terrace watching the firework displays over the beach sharing a bottle of chilled champagne, heaven !
We fail to see how anybody could say anything negative about their stay here as nothing is to much trouble for any of the team.
Mr Lourenco was even there to greet us as we arrived at 0330hrs on an early flight to welcome us, we know from previous visits to Goa that most hotels will just leave you outside till your room is ready in the afternoon.
Mr Lourencos wife Annie came to greet us at breakfast time and Freddie in the restaurant I think was trying to fatten us up , always wanting to give us more tea and toast.
We felt more like part of the family by the end of our stay and a big mention to Mario and Peter the taxi drivers who were always on call if you didnt feel like walking into town.
The building and all the rooms are all spotless and I think Lourenco also washes his trees haha.
Here you certainly get the personal touch that is sadly missing in most Hotels,
We would like to thank all the team for looking after us during a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are spotlessly clean with Flatscreen TV and A/C
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank curro
Also consider these accommodations in or near Candolim
8.0 km away
1.6 km away
Whispering Palms Beach Resort
0.5 km away
Vivanta by Taj - Holiday Village, Goa

Been to Bougainvillea Guest House Goa? Share your experiences!