“Average but overpriced food !”

Calamari Bathe & Binge
Ranked #25 of 334 Restaurants in Candolim
Cuisines: Barbecue, Indian, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018

This has been on my list of visits after looking at multiple reviews.

But my latest visit was not that encouraging.
Let me begin with positives- The only positive about this shack is its maintained extremely well with clean washrooms and nice ambience.

Now on this things to improve-
1. The food quality is very average. I ordered King Fish and it was the first time in Goa I saw such a big slice of king fish (In fact it was very hard to eat, The earlier day I had a wonderful soft King Fish Slice at "Fat Fish" restaurant in Calingute. The same dish at Fat Fish was 10x better).
2. Given that its just a shack , it should stop charging rates of Five Star Hotel. I noticed that the rates are 2x of the similar shacks. This shack being famous, they can demand 25% premium, but for current rates , its simply not worth it.
3. The music was mediocre . Goa shacks have more lively and happening music.

In summary, You can give it a miss and try another happening beach shacks in North Goa.

1  Thank Nilesh S

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

The calamari is an extension to the Santana Beach Resort and if you are staying there you get 15% discount.
It has a beautiful setting sitting right on the beach and must be twice the size since visiting 6 years previously.
The menu is ok. I had fish twice here but both occasions quite dry.
It’s a shame they don’t offer breakfast. And when we thought we would have a 6 o’clock cocktail and watch the sunset, they were preparing the tables for the evening and we were not made welcome so we went elsewhere further up the beach.
There’s lots of waiting staff. I counted twelve one evening in just our area. They hang about in groups chatting and paying more attention to their mobiles than attending diners. Some have very poor English and have difficulty understanding your requests. However that’s not a criticism just an observation. (Hats off to them - I can’t say one word in their language)

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Calamari is famous for its perfect location n great food... The shack is on the beach n serves delicious food... Enjoyed eating sea food here! Must go if u r staying near Candolim

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

So I love the ambience created by the live band at calamari in the Afternoon..
It's fun to shake a leg and sway around..
The place is well made... but I prefer being down on the beach...however the view being slightly perched up is beautiful. secondly as A vegetarian the options are limited... n also the veg food doesn't taste as good...
The washrooms are neat and clean.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Calamari is a lovely property on the beach with good food and drinks.

Spent two days at this restaurant on our last trip to Goa with family and friends.

Have some great live music. Food is well prepared. Hygiene of restaurant is good and it has clean toilets.

Kids can bathe in the sea in front of the restaurant with a life guard keeping an eye in them

Great view of the sea / beach from the restaurant.

Decent car park / motorcycle parking at the venue

Reasonably priced shack restaurant with decent ambience. Definitely worth a visit.