“some of the best reataurants”

Shivers Garden Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 349 Restaurants in Candolim
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Shivers Is A Tranquil Little Romantic Oasis Garden Restaurant For Those With Pure Food Indulgence In Mind. Come Next Door And Satiate Your Desires With Our Ever-Changing Internationally And Seasonally Inspired Small Plates We Have Multiple Sections To Choose From, Depending On Your Occasion/Mood/Requirement – The Garden, The Restaurant, The Lounge, The Gazebos, The Patio & The Sports Bar. We Are Open From 12.00 Noon To 11.00 Pm On All Days. We Have An Array Of Beverages To Go With The Cuisine Of Your Choice, Be It Goan/Naga/North-Indian/English/Russian Or The Classic American Our Specials Include Karaoke On Demand - Come over for an awesome cocktail dinner at our garden oasis and we will throw in the karaoke for free - sing along with your loved ones. Karaoke Times - 7.30 pm onwards - All days (Except Saturday) Saturday DJ Nights - On a holiday at a resort in North Goa... Eat, sleep, shop, beach it up ! But party the night away with the best music - Only at Shivers.DJ Times - 07.30 pm
Reviewed January 21, 2017

Shivers, Restrobar which is down the side of the fishermans cove. Mango Grove, The Mermaid, Grills and Curries. Wok and Roll. Tony's shack on beach. Café Jazz.

Date of visit: December 2016

Reviewed January 20, 2017 via mobile

This is just a beautiful place to eat,the surroundings are something like a cinderella set,beautiful,the food was great to,had amazing fillet teak covered in onions &lemongrass,my partner had tandoori prawns which to was has good ,washed down its 2 beers each the bill came to £17 which was true value for the money,certainly try this quaint,quality little establishment well worth the visit

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed January 19, 2017

went 4 times before christmas and thought i ought to say how each time the standard of food was great.michael on a friday is great,singing "background"music.looking forward to seing any new renovations that may be complete early feb...........

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed January 19, 2017

I don't leave bad reviews often but I'll review this place whilst I'm still sat at the restaurant with my wife waiting for an issue with a very poor dish to be resolved (1 hour and counting)

After distinctly average and very small portioned ribs starter we were told that "I've lost four staff today and I'm trying to deal with it". No issue there as we appreciate honesty but at the same time I am out to have a nice meal in one of the top restaurants in Candilim whilst I'm on holiday.

So main courses arrive (we're hungry after a hard day in the beach!), chicken leg in a marianated pomegranate sauce (just 6 pomegranate seeds and no obvious marianade), badly presented with what tasted like pre cooked and warmed up potatoes with OAP spinach (as far removed from baby spinach as could be). There were a few nice touches like carved carrot and a bit of salad to improve what was a very poor dish,

By-the-way, we're still waiting for a replacement dish!

We complained quickly as the response was so slow and this prompted this immediate review while we wait.

I had fillet steak with a watery blue cheese sauce and a well flavoured steak (ordered rare) which arrived over done on one side and blue on the other!

I'm at a loss to explain how disappointed I am with the whole experience tonight and after an hour and a quarter after finishing my main my wife is waiting for her replacement dish!

There's no way to recover the situation as the manager is nowhere to be seen but his harangued staff (people are complaining around us also so I'm interested to see if there's further poor reviews tonight) are trying their best.

We've been here 2 hours now and it's simply unacceptable, the evening is already ruined even though the replacement dish has just arrived. Such a shame as the setting is delightful, clean and well presented.

For the record the replacement dish is very good but it should be after the length of time waited and complete intransigence shown.

I understand the need to be open and honour bookings etc but after tonight's experience my only recommendation is AVOID.

Despite complaints no item was removed from the bill even though not eaten and the 2 "complimentary" drinks each were added to the bill. 4500 Rupees for an absolute shocker!!

Date of visit: January 2017
1  Thank sunseasandtequilla
Reviewed January 19, 2017 via mobile

Excellent food nice clean environment staff are amazing and go out of there way for you we return here every years

Date of visit: November 2016