“Enjoyed Our Stay”

Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in Candolim
Vancouver
“Enjoyed Our Stay”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

WE just returned from a wonderful trip to India. Our last 6 days were spent in Goa for some much needed relaxations. We really enjoyed our stay at the Whispering Palms. The staff was friendly and attentive. We had a renovated double terrace room which was perfect. I used their gym each day and it was far superior to what I had expected. My only complaint was the pool area. It is in bad need of rennovations. However, that didn't bother us as we came to Goa to spend time at the beach. While there we really enjoyed VJ's Beach Shack. If you like jewelery, we liked dealing with the store on site as the manager was helpful, friendly and not overly pushy.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
  • Polish first
birmingham
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This was my 5th visit to Goa, the first time in the Whispering Palms. The refurbed rooms are very nice, the rooms are cleaned every day, the beds are so comfortable and the pillows are great. Prakash the waiter is very good. To be honest you could not fault the hotel at all. They did try to charge me for laundry which I had not had done, but it was resolved very quickly. We flew with Qatar and they were much better than the other airlines. If I did return to Goa I would stay here for sure.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank tartybird
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 24 March 2012

This is a excellent place to chill. We came genre All inclusive
The staff are wonderful, the location is handy, the food 1st class

What more do you want .??

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kingflyer
Reviewed 23 March 2012 via mobile

Nothing!!! Visited Whispering Palms seven years ago, our first visit to Goa. It was fantastic, we have returned to Goa every year since. Returned to Whispering Palms this year, what a disappointment! We had three rooms, two rooms above the reception, very noisy. Kitchen fans start at 5.00 in the morning, like trying to sleep on a plane. Delivery vans turning up from 6.00. Moved to a room on the right of the pool. It was dirty and gloomy. When we asked staff about the dirty rooms we was told that they where being renovated next year! So we have to live in the dirt until then? The main problem with the Hotel is RATS. Now some one wrote in 2011 about the rats, but I dismissed it. But sat around the pool one evening, I saw the biggest rat I have ever seen. It walked around a ground floor balcony, jumped onto the out door kitchen counter and drop into the kitchen. I went straight over and told the Chef, who laughed! Looking over the counter, I could see a chest freezer with trays of uncovered food on it. The rat jumped back out at me and escaped.

A few days later we asked to keep our room on for a late departure, and told that they could not tell us until later in the week and would also charge us. I asked the Rep if anything had been done about the rat in the kitchen. The look of surprise on her face! She contacted the House manager and I was asked to explain what I had seen.

I was told straight away that I could keep the room on no charge! They also went and cleaned our room, four people for two hours, they took every thing out of our room and fully cleaned it.

I filled a complaint form in regarding the dirt and the rat. On departure from the hotel, the assistant manger, tried to get me to sign a form, saying I would take no further action.

As far as I could see nothing had been done to stop the rats getting into the kitchen. We never ate at the hotel, for the last week.

On our return I emailed Ryan Bailey from Thomas Cook, all I got was corporate spell, saying I should of reported things earlier in our holiday. The rats had been reported a year earlier!! how long do they need?

I all of the correspondance with Ryan, he never made reference to the RATS.

We will be returning to Goa next year but will not be staying at Whispering Palms.

Steve

Stayed January 2012
5 Thank Steve S
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Thanks to the team of this Whispering resort for making my stay too comfortable. Credit goes to the efforts of Ms. Maya who kept track of each and everything. If I visit Goa again I'll be staying here only.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank soch_ha
ripon
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Returned just over aweek ago after what can only be described as the holiday of a lifetime. The whispering palms resort far exceded our expectations the room the staff the pool the cleanliness the food and entertainment were all first class.This was our second visit and we are now in the process of booking again for the same month next year .
Thanks to all the staff at the whispering palms for making our holiday a treat .stayed in room 334 from feb10-march 10 thanks again Kevin&Diane see you all again in feb 2013

Room Tip: request for a pool view
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank diane g
Stratford upon Avon
Reviewed 19 March 2012

My wife and I have just got back from Whispering Palms Goa, this place is fantastic!! You must understand India is a very poor country so go with a open mind. Everything about this hotel is superb,( although under refurbishment which will be complete this year), Where do we start the rooms are very good cleaned every day, the food is excellent plently of choice all day every day! (the baked beans for breakfast taste like Heinz!). Gala nights excellent lots of chefs in a line presenting there own personal dish. Entertainment low key but singers, bands fire eaters etc are still good. The staff can not do enough for you they truely are the best and we have travelled the world!. Jacob John the senior manager is a very nice and genuine person, as you will find at the cocktail night. We are now planning to go back with the whole family and have already decided we will not bother looking anywhere else, I have never seen my wife with a tear in her eye when we had to come home, made lots of friends , brilliant (Ryans Shack on the beach is the BEST!!! by miles), Finally thank you Whispering Palms and Mr Jacob John for the most fantastic experience (if they had 6 stars we would give you that!) See you soon. Paul and Rose Stratford upon Avon UK.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple