“Recommend ”

Whispering Palms Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 69 Hotels in Candolim
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Fantastic location. Very central to all the happening places. The hotel has a beach at just 2 mins walking distance. Very comfortable rooms. The food is good, the staff is warm & courteous. Overall a good experience and value for money.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
JacobJohnGoa, General Manager at Whispering Palms Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Warm greetings from Whispering Palms Beach Resort !

Thank you for choosing our resort and taking the time out to review the hotel on TripAdvisor!

We thank you for your positive review on the resort, the location, the rooms, the food, the staff, and the overall experience. Your recommendation of us is our honour. We take great pleasure and pride in serving our guests!

Guests like you and your kind words of appreciation, rating us as excellent, are a huge motivation and inspiration for my team.

Jacob John

Write a ReviewReviews (1,950)

Reviewed 17 September 2017

I went with my wife in September first week, which is considered off season. The street which connects the hotel to main road is really bad. there was a taxi stand next to the hotel where many people were playing cards. It looked little shady.

On the first day we got a room from where view was really pathetic. When we requested for pool view room, the guy at the reception seemed quite lost. My wife had made a special request to the hotel to give us a room with a good view as it was my birthday, they were not even courteous enough to acknowledge the request.

As such the room and washroom were very clean. Had all amenities. Well maintained. The pool was very nice. While I din go to ocean but I was told that it was really 200m from the hotel.

The breakfast was part of our booking and it was amazing. There were so much variety. North, south, continental. I tried Poori sabji they were really awesome. Don miss it.

Room service food was not that great. We ordered pakode, spring roll and they were really bad. But you can order french fries. They were fine.

Having said all, I find Hotel to be overpriced. I booked this hotel seeing the very high rating at tripadvisor despite this having higher rates than my budget. I have been to GOA for 7 times and stayed in different hotels and There are many better options available for less price than this one. My last stay in Casablanca was more fulfilling.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
JacobJohnGoa, General Manager at Whispering Palms Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Guests,

Warm greetings from Whispering Palms Beach Resort!

Thank you for choosing our resort, and taking the time out to review the hotel on TripAdvisor!

We are sorry that certain food items you ordered in room service were bad, but the french fries were fine, and that you liked the cleanliness standards of the room and washroom, the amenities, the upkeep, the pool, and the breakfast. Also, please accept my apologies on the staff not acknowledging the request for a room with a better view. Our prices may not be the lowest, but we have no hidden charges, and all the costs are disclosed and known to our guests upfront. We shall make the necessary improvements in the dishes and take it up with the the respective departments for improvement and response to requests by our guests, as for us, you matter!

We accept any critique, seeing in it an opportunity to innovate for the better, thereby taking these as positive cues to improve upon our standards.

We take great pleasure and pride in serving our guests while using your feedback to engage with you for a vastly improved experience for yourselves as guests!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Goa.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

good welcome,,,nice property,,,nice rooms,,,very good food,,,,good rooom service,,,,and very close to the beach,,,,they were providing towels to guests going to the beach was a good thing,,,overall comfortable stay

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
JacobJohnGoa, General Manager at Whispering Palms Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Warm greetings from Whispering Palms Beach Resort !

We thank you for your positive review on the resort, the location, the welcome, the property, the food, the room service, the amenities, and overall, everything that has made your stay comfortable. We take great pleasure and pride in serving our guests!

Guests like you and your kind words of appreciation, are a huge motivation and inspiration for my team.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Stayed for a weekend with family friends , great package . I found friendly staff ,quality of food and stay was up to the mark . Beach is at walk-able distance . The resort has Kids activity zone , gym & spa . The pub bar is also enjoyable .

Stayed: September 2017

Warm greetings from Whispering Palms Beach Resort !

We thank you for your positive review on the resort, the location, the package, the food, the staff, the kids activity zone, the bar, and overall, everything that has made your weekend stay an excellent one. We take great pleasure and pride in serving our guests!

Guests like you and your kind words of appreciation and rating us as excellent, are a huge motivation and inspiration for my team.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

I'm not staying on this property. Went there today to visit a friend . He come down to the reception to meet me and when I was following to the interior of the hotel, I was stopped and in a very rude way was told that I could not go with my friend to his room . Mind that this was 9 pm . Not 12 or 1am ... Only explanation was: its the hotel policy . No I'm sorry or ... Just plain rudeness . So my advise to all Europeans its to avoid this hotel, at least to avoid been in a situation like my friend was. You can not envite a friend to have a drink with you on your balcony. And the staff plain rude .

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank Xavier N
JacobJohnGoa, General Manager at Whispering Palms Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Whispering Palms Beach Resort !

Thank you for choosing our resort, and taking the time out to give your feedback on TripAdvisor!

Taking due cognizance of your experience with regards to not being allowed into a room, as a security norm, and standard operating procedure, the guest has to beforehand identify the reception of any expected visitor, wherein the latter identifies himself or herself on reaching the hotel, in order to proceed to the guest's room. This is an international norm. The reception staff were only fulfilling their role of checking trespassing, and following the rules and convention. You are most welcome to have a drink with an in-house guest, inside a restaurant of the hotel. We hope you appreciate this procedural requirement of the hospitality, for your future visits, and would like to host you for a staying at the resort. We take great pleasure and pride in serving and entertaining our guests!

We look forward to welcoming you to stay with us!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

This resort is the place which provides an awesome experience of visit, I only stay there for a day but the hospitality provided by the staff members are very nice.The interior of the room along with architectural design makes me feel happy.Wanting once more to visit, Hope I will visit soon.

Stayed: May 2017
JacobJohnGoa, General Manager at Whispering Palms Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Whispering Palms Beach Resort !

We thank you for your positive review on the resort, the hospitality, and the overall experience that beckons you to visit once more. We take great pleasure and pride in serving our guests!

Guests like you and your kind words of appreciation rating us as excellent, are a huge motivation and inspiration for my team.

We too look forward to welcoming you back to Goa!

Reviewed 8 September 2017

I was on a leisure trip with my wife.. The room provided to us was awsome with pool facing .. Even one colud see beach at a distance from balcony of room. Walking dustance from sinquerim beach .. This beach is very much less crowded.. clean with no rubbish.
Hospitality and service was awesome ... Food was delicious .... Awsmming pool was clean and neat with arrangements to lay near swimming pool in good numbers..
Many Foriegn tourist were also there in the resort. ..
They have special arrangements for kids amenities.
Behaviour of staff was also very good..
Property was maintained very well..

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
JacobJohnGoa, General Manager at Whispering Palms Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Warm greetings from Whispering Palms Beach Resort !

We thank you for your detailed and positive review on the resort, the location, the room, the food, the swimming pool, the games for kids, the staff, the upkeep of the property, the hospitality, and overall, everything that has made your leisure trip as a couple, feel awesome. We take great pleasure and pride in serving our guests!

Guests like you and your kind words of appreciation and rating us as excellent in terms of comfort, cleanliness, service, and overall, are a huge motivation and inspiration for my team.