All reviews thomas cook bistro restaurant the main road cleaned every day tea coffee and toast air conditioning ground floor friends bar couple of nights safety deposit box rooms are basic sky tv electric kettle negative points an amazing holiday large fridge comfy bed
Reviewed April 26, 2018 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel with lovely staff clean room and bed are not too bad on the comfort down side pillows are rock hard ,
Only found 1 member of staff rather off oldish guy secretly maybe ?! (He’s also not as old as he looks )
No kettles in rooms that’s a shame as it would improve on everyone’s stay
As for someone saying about packs of dogs attracting th really I mean REALLY
They are friendly and some quite nervous I for one was feeding them and giving them water along with other guests but the old man was mean to the poor animals
I moved back
To this hotel from highland was put in highland before we arrived due to building work on new hotel honest it really was not bad at all it’s not like you sit in the hotel all day is it ?
Pool is small but no one really uses it well
Except myself husband and another couple the 3 weeks we were there
Hotels restaurant was very nice staff lovely owners again lovely people
And it wa. So nice I am going back in December this year for another 2 weeks with my husband and 2 of our daughters there was no
Worry at all about safety .
My parent have also stopped here a few years ago and made good friends witn the staff and owners

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mrs M
Reviewed April 26, 2018

This hotel as stated in previous reviews is ideally located in a quiet area close to the beach. It is a basic hotel but the rooms are clean and bedding and towels are changed regularly. Lovely hot shower and a comfy bed. I do not need much more when using a hotel room as a base.
I cannot click to rate but sleep quality, service and location where excellent.
All the staff are helpful and will assist with any queries you may have.

We did a Thomas Cook package and were offered a free meals package. This was from a set menu and it was adequate. Drinks are not over expensive at the hotel.

Just bear in mind that a new hotel is being built next door and the building works are on going. Once these building works are completed the hotel will be better.

I would have no hesitation in visiting this hotel again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank montymo
Reviewed April 16, 2018 via mobile

My 12 year old daughter and I stayed for a week in Room 108 and cannot fault the hotel in anyway. Staff couldn’t do enough to help, reception is available 24/7. Free WiFi was updated while we were there which meant we didn’t have to go to Reception area for it. Air Conditioning was only 450 rupees a day. Safe is in your wardrobe you hire a key from Reception which costs 700 rupees for the week (exchange rate was £1/90 rupees).

The actual hotel is located just off the busy strip of Candolim on the way to the beach. Come out turn right and follow the signs for the beach and left for the strip. Currency Exchange is right next door opens at 9.30am and taxi rank opposite.

As it’s not on the strip we enjoyed a couple of hours each evening just chilling outside in the peace and quiet.

A new hotel is being built next door we experienced minimal disruption.

Definitely going back!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Claire C
Reviewed April 10, 2018 via mobile

I will start with the bad points and finish with good thoughts.

The first night of our stay was an eventful one. We was dropped at the top of the road and our hotel was down this road.
We walked down a dimly lit side road and was greeted by one member of staff and a security guard.
We was given the room key and directed to where our room was.

There was no facilities available at the hotel as it was 2.00am so we decided to walk to the 24 hr cafe at the top of the road.
After ordering we realised we had left the money in the room, less than 30 mins after we arrived. The security in our hotel was fast asleep on a chair in reception.
I got the money but on the way out the hotel was pounced upon by a pack of wild dogs, if it was not for the security staff in the hotel facing I don’t like to think what might have happened, those dogs looked hungry.

The same thing happened to my husband a couple of nights later so unfortunately we had to resort to leaving a stick at the top of the road to keep the dogs away. I have 3 dogs of my own so please understand how bad this situation was for me to have to resort to that.

There was a hotel being built right outside, although there was no disturbance there was a constant banging and whizzing noise, which generated a lot of dust and unfortunately my mum and husband both suffer from emphysema so that didn’t help with their condition.

The hotel pool was quite small but on the few occasions we used it the water was slightly green and it was really sore on our eyes. I presume there was too many chemicals in the water.

The rooms are basic, no kettle, iron, hairdryer, AC etc. Just a fridge. Everything else is payable extras. I would not advise anyone to get the sky tv as there is only 2 watchable tv uk channels.

The mattresses are so uncomfortable that I resorted to taking a mattress of the sun lounger of a night and bringing that inside to sleep on.

I also noticed on the last few days of the holiday that the bedding is not changed daily, it is just alternated in corners
I only became aware of this as I had spilt some Coca Cola on the quilt. And when I flipped the quilt in my bed 2 days later the stain was still there just turned inside out so it was facing downwards.

You could time your watch with the power cuts in this hotel. 6.15pm every night the lights start going off and on until about 7.30pm. Pretty annoying around this time, just as your getting dressed for dinner!

Lastly some of the staff could do with some customer service skills, I got a bottle of water from the bar on my way in from the beach and said my husband would pay on his way in. He was at reception. Anyway needless to say we forgot to pay for it through miscommunication so when my husband came out the room that night he was chased down by one of the bar staff and basically told we couldn’t afford the water...as it was only 20 rupees which is approx 20p my husband didn’t appreciate being spoken to like that especially as there was people eating whom he done this in blatant view of. There was no problem though the day before with us doing this. It all depends on what staff was serving.
The security guard virtually ignored us throughout the whole holiday until the last night and he was at the top of the steps waiting to help us with our cases.
We didn’t need his assistance but I heard him getting quite vocal with other people who he assisted and he didn’t feel as though they had given him enough money.

There are also a lot of good points about this hotel too.

It is less than a 5 min leisurely stroll from the beach, within perfect distance of shops, bars, supermarkets, restaurants.
The rooms are kept very clean even if the bedding isn’t changed that often.
The manager of the hotel is a nice gentleman, he gave us some advice on the best thing for bites. He also offered us various other bits of useful information.
The new patio furniture was just getting delivered and seemed to be very nice.
The shower in the room was powerful, just what you need after a long day down the beach.
The food in the hotel is really nice, I would recommend the sandwiches and fruit salad. Although it’s a light choice it is really filling. The breakfast only consists of eggs, but no matter how you wanted them cooked they would accommodate.

We are returning to goa in dec and are wondering whether to return here due to the closeness of amenities as my husband can’t walk far. Although we had some negative points there was nothing that was majorly effective in the outcome of our stay!

We had an amazing holiday and can’t wait to do it all again x

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Natalie J
Reviewed March 12, 2018

After a five year break from Goa we booked a package deal with Thomas Cook and this was the best accommodation I have found in Goa for this price range.
Our ground floor AC room (113) was large bright and airy , with plenty of storage space , plug sockets ,mirrors and fridge .The room was secure with a large safety deposit box inside the wardrobe which was large enough for a backpack .
Staff were friendly and courteous and were always busy maintaining the grounds around the hotel
We enjoyed a decent sized breakfast with tea, fruit juice ,toast and jams with a choice of 2 eggs and took advantage of the complimentary meal offer a couple of lunchtimes choosing chicken curry ,sandwiches, salad and soup from a small but adequate menu.
The beach was a 5 minute stroll away but we'd walk a little further down the beach to Om Shack to enjoy a bit more peace and quiet
We ate twice at the attached Bistro restaurant and were impressed with the quality of the meals and excellent service , there were a number of other good restaurants nearby and Friends bar served good priced drinks until midnight,
The "construction work " consisted of a bit of lazy hammering every 3rd /4th day and was never a problem , only witnessed 1 cement delivery during our stay in the early evening
I would certainly recommend this small friendly hotel for location and value for money

Room Tip: We had ground room 113 which was not in direct sun
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple