Ginger Ahmedabad (Drive Inn Road)
US$73
US$40
US$33
HIExpress.com
US$67
The House of MG(Ahmedabad)
US$54
Travelocity
Hotel Volga(Ahmedabad)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
All reviewshimalaya mallbudget hotelred salt restaurantvalue for moneywifi works wellhotel managerroom servicebusiness tripfront office staffbasic amenitieshousekeeping staffrooms are cleanexcellent experiencepleasant stayhotel is locatedgreat hospitalityhis team
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Though the hotel is meant for a budget stay, i was absolutely disappointed with this property knowing that it belongs to the IHM group. The rooms are spacious but not clean, especially the bathroom. The rooms are not sound proof and they serve bad food. They have a very limited (too limited, they dont even serve basic food items) menu and the complimentary breakfast was also a bad experience. The only good thing about the hotel is its location. It is right behind the himalaya mall and close to connect to the Sarkhej highway.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Reema S
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Travelled very recently in October, Ginger hotel is a great place and i always like these boutique business hotels. they are quite affordable. I stayed on fourth or may be third floor overlooking the very beutiful Tapi river. Although some building are coming up that may restrict the view. The boatmen gather there every morning for fishing. the place is near to 4-5 malls and Big bazaar is also close.Overall a very pleasurable experience, staff was couteous as it is at every ginger hotel

Room Tip: Just ask for the river facing room
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Room r too small.. Guest voice comes easyli from Neghibour room to our room... U can afford to speak on mobile..

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I stayed at Ginger, Ahmedabad between 13 Nov'11 and 25 Nov'11. Even though it is a budget hotel, I was kinda confident because I have stayed at the Nasik one twice. But this experience was different!

Good things first. The best part is the location - behind Himalaya Mall, which makes it easy to travel back to. This did not add a lot of eating options though - just a Papa Johns, McDonald's and a CCD. The water cooler on the floor is very useful since you can have drinking water anytime you want.

For me, the hotel itself was dull dud. As expected, the room was basic minimum, menu just about sufficient. But the staff was just not upto the mark. No one smiles or greets guests. The room service is only till 11pm. I ordered a club sandwich at 10.30pm only to be told that it can't be grilled since the machine wasn't working. I still ordered one without the grill. It arrived only at 11.20pm!! A sandwich takes 50 min to arrive!!! Good service? I don't think so!

There was no 'DND' tag in my room when I checked in. I went to the reception and got one. But the next day when I came back from my training, the tag was gone. I had to ask for one more. I spilt a large drop of tea on the floor and that little stain was there for 2 days despite my room being cleaned everyday. Even though just one stroke with a wet mop was enough to get it out when I actually called the housekeeping to do it. Cleanliness standards? I don't think so!

The iron table on the floor is useful but the table was shaky and wouldn't take rigorous movements. The iron was a last century specimen which had brown stains on it because someone must have burnt their clothes with it. Also, the bedsheet on the table was also stained brown with burnt marks. I wasn't too sure if the iron wouldn't leave its stains on my shirts! Usable basics? I don't think so!

I had booked the last 2 days separately since their site did not let me book all 12 days in one go, probably due to price difference. Despite pointing them out to them on one occasion, I got a call on the 23rd to find out when I would be checking out even though I wasn't supposed to till the 25th. I also got a call on 22nd saying I would have to pay the rest of my balance if I wanted to stay on. I cleared the payment for the rest of my stay the same evening.

Though what happened at check out takes the cake. I had made 2 payments online and one payment on request and this pretty much left a very small amount to be paid at check out. But the girl at the counter again forgot to account for the payment I had already made online for the last two days. While I was still pointing it out to her, she swiped my credit card for the amount she thought was due. Had I not paid attention I would have ended up paying 4k more! And now they owe me a refund of about 3k. And this confusion took me longer to check out than if they had been efficient. Efficient service? I don't think so.

The staff also weren't courteous. I asked the housekeeping fellow, who was cleaning the opposite room, to clean mine next. He refused outright and said he will do the departure rooms first!

I am sceptical about the budget-but-good status of Ginger after this experience.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Rovingeyes
Reviewed November 25, 2011

If anyone's been to any Ginger anywhere in the country, this would be a very similar experience. And i mean it in a good way. Decent service, clean do-able rooms, good food and most importantly, quite affordable. If its a business trip, this is probably the most practical hotel to stay in, considering its location.

One pleasant surprise was wifi in the hotel :)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business