All reviewsclose to the airporttaj grouptaj hotelinternational airportpool siderecommend this hotelcourteous staffrooms are comfortablebuffet breakfastin room diningdelicious foodbusiness tripgreat hospitalitythalienjoyed my stayroom serviceexcellent hotel
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We wanted to organize a social function at this place. After agreeing on everything, the manager started becoming non-committal. For things that we agreed before... they kept citing their audit procedures!

Worst was when they stopped providing any solution to eventuality of rain (it was an open air function). They wanted me to pay before they can give any solution to me! By this time, I had sent the invites with this location.And I had to shift my function elsewhere in emergency.

How will they survive with such attitude and unreliability in service sector, I wonder?

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I have stayed in this property a number of times earlier too! It is 4 to 5 minutes drive away from the Airport and hence very convenient to catch flights without getting into the traffic.
Rooms are spacious. The decor is old and not like the ameneties provided in latest Taj properties. As the floor is not carpeted, you may feel the chillness if you forget to put your feet in to the in-room slippers.They are provided when you ask for the same!
Staff service is very good as they are very friendly. Break-fast spread was also good giving a good variety.
Travel desk is also courteous although expensive, as it is in all these star hotels.
surely I recommend this hotel for a comforatble stay in Ahmedabad!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2012

There was a time when this was the only branded star hotel in Ahemedabad. But now there are many, inside the city. Now the only advantage Taj Gateway has its proximity to the airport, its just outside the airport and thats helpful. Plus its affiliated with Taj so there's a certain standard. But thats the whole issue. The delivery vs expectation from a Taj hotel is so tragically short. Somehow, people there just don't smile. Not a single staff. They have this quizzical look on their faces. The turqoise-green carpet is so garish that you feel trapped in the narrow corridors. The place is constructed such, with uni-directional way to the room from the elevator, that if your room is at the other end, you will have walk thru the entire building, which I did! With no carpet kind of decor, the rooms feel cold & unwelcoming. In more than 1 room , i could expereince the toilet seat staying up, so you end up wetting it. The TV remote looks like an extremely cheap spare-part, the feel enhanced with a tacky red sticker on it...I mean why couldn't they keep the original TV remote?! I ask for something for in-room dining and only half the thing is delivered. I call up Laundry service and the guy quizzical..."laundry?" is what he asks me in return! We go to the restaurant for dinner and nobody bothers to give any attention to us, though only two other tables are occupied...till...yes, till...we gesture for one of them. Then they deliver, 'drinking curd' in the name of 'chaach' and a cold, half-cooked appam.... For me, the stay in Taj Gateway was disastrous

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Sanjeev S
Reviewed July 17, 2012

It is an old hotel & the rooms need to be renovated.
Very dull, gloomy ambience throughout the hotel. Change of lighting would be welcome.
Lobby, lifts, corridoors, even the rooms - all have a very old & unwelcome look & feel.

Thankfully the food quality is very good, especially North Indian cuisine.

Would recommend this hotel only for a single night stay on a business trip, as airport is right next door (but no noise in rooms).

Room Tip: Ask for pool facing rooms. City view is not exciting.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Recently stayed at this small Taj business property for a night. A night is usually too short for experiencing a property but still for me it was enough. This hotel is 2 minutes drive from airport and that itself is a big plus. I am a regular Taj user and check in at taj always makes you feel royal unlike many other five stars and this was no different. Check in took just 3 minutes. One minute extra for the staff to changing my room upon realising that I was an inner circle gold member.
Room given was nice, clean and comfortable. However, it was about 150 meters away from lift. Don't know if anything could be done for that.
Did not use room service but house keeping was quick and efficient. Breakfast at GD was well spread and the staff took great care of my wife's special requests. Check out process took a jiffy.

All in all a nice, small property.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to elevators unless you like a long walk in well carpeted corridor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple