The Taj Ummed is about 5-10 minutes from the airport; an important criteria for us while chosing the hotel for the city. It is an average building from outside , not as grand inside compared to most Taj properties. The lobby is nice and check-in was smooth.
The room: I thought this was a tad small. Even a bit cramped if I may say so. They have smartly done it up with chic linena nd contrasting red assessories and good wood. But the TV was ancient. Not expected and no wonder hidden inside a cabinet. The bathroom was squeaky clean with nice toileteries , the tub a bit broken.
The service: The room service, check in facilities were great. I used the internet center a number of times; the staff was at all times most efficient and helpful.
The food: there are two restraunts, narmada and cafe j. I ahd breakfast, lunch and snacks at cafe J. the food is nice. though the service is painstaingly slow. It seemed a 2 man show. In netween taking our order, the waiter also picked a phone call, served someone ketchup and presented another table with menus. The time taken to place the order was almost as much as 15 minutes. This was for for lunch and snacks. for breakfast we just gave up and served ourseleves.
The hotel now calls itself the gateway, still a taj property but another line i suppose. This might be a transitionary phase and hence confusion.
Would I stay here again: Yes ,if being close to the airport was very imporatnt. If not I would look for something closer to the city center, near all the shops, food joints and life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ummed Ahmedabad, located just 1 km from the airport and in close proximity to the government and developing industrial areas makes this location an apt choice. The Ummed Ahmedabad, is an oasis of warmth and soothing surroundings. Splashes of greens and blue welcome you to our elegantly designed, low-rise property spread over four acres of manicured gardens. The location of hotel is well connected to the old and new business districts of Ahmedabad. Gandhinagar, the state government's seat, is also a short 15 minute drive from the hotel. Feel welcomed in one of the 91 rooms and suites along with gives you a choice of indoor and outdoor venues to host your business or social events. The hotel boasts of ease of access, manicured gardens, world class amenities and customized food and beverage services to create the memorable events. Tastefully appointed using suitable tones, styled with custom made teak furniture and convenient amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Ummed Ahmedabad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Residency Ummed Ahmedabad
- Taj Residency Ummed Hotel Ahmedabad