“Lunch at Nanjing on Apr 4 2018”
Review of Nanjing Restaurant

Nanjing Restaurant
Ranked #98 of 3,725 Restaurants in Ahmedabad
Price range: US$400 - US$900
Description: Awarded best Chinese restaurant, 3 times in a row in Ahmedabad. Serving authentic Chinese delicacies in India, since 1945.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Good food, good atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff, quick service, - an overall good experience. Recommended.

I am told they have a restaurant in Mumbai as well, if I remember correctly, the name is Ling's Pavilion at Colaba.

Reviewed February 12, 2018

Not a lot of good ethnic restaurants in Ahmedabad, but Nanjing does a good job of Chinese food. I have been there many times for lunch and have not been disappointed (it's not the best Chinese food I've had, but it's great for lunch). A good selection of appetizers and main dishes (veg and non veg). The restaurant is on the top floor of the C G Square Mall on C G Road. During the times that I have been there for lunch it seems to be mostly empty (I suspect is it more crowded for dinner or on weekends - the mall itself seems to be empty). The ambience and decor are very nice and the staff are very attentive.

This is a good solid place and I will continue to go back.

Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

'Twas a long wait for the 100th review. Finally, found a restaurant to do justice to the century, and what justice!!
One of the best restaurants I've been to ever! One bite, and I knew I'd sell my soul to the devil if I had to, to eat all that was on the plate!
The order: Nanjing special soup, Veg balls tossed in choice of sauce, Grilled Chicken tossed in special Schezwan sauce (not on the menu), fried rice with roasted pork, veg Hakka Noodles, Budah's special, and Red Cooked Pork. And not one thing was out of place. Everything was cooked to perfection!
If I had to pick a best - it would be Veg balls tossed in spicy sauce - it was transcendental!
If I was to rate just the food, I would give a full 5/5 score.
Moving on to the ambience. It is serene and calming, with some soul soothing music playing softly in the background. Not too bright lighting - enough to see everything perfectly well, and not too bright so as to hurt the eye - perfect. The seating is pretty comfortable and rather private, with tables placed far away from each other, it is almost impossible to overhear conversations from any other table. And there are private enclosures for larger groups and families, which is brilliant. And whatsmore, the restaurant is decorated beautifully, simple yet elegant and classy.
Service: Everyone from the manager, to the head waiter, to the serving staff - everyone is exceptionally well mannered, soft spoken, and friendly. Probably the only restaurant in the city with such exceptional serving staff.
The only downside - it is a little difficult to find, if you haven't been here before. And the Mall security is rather irritating and off-putting. If you arrive after 9pm, the Mall security would straightaway tell you that the Mall is closed amd that you can't go in. I had to tell them thrice that I mean to go to Nanjing, only then did he allowed us in. Even once inside, the place is difficult to spot.
Also, the food can seem exorbitantly overpriced, but, given the taste and everything else, I believe the pricing is justified!!

Reviewed January 10, 2018 via mobile

If you wanna try authentic Chinese, then its a must to try Nanjing. One of the best fine dine restaurant. Even my 2 year old kid enjoyed the food a lot. Baby chair was provided and very good service done. One suggestion is kindly provide all the available menus in the menu card , cos few was not mentioned n at last we came to know its available but i missed to taste. Otherwise good job.

Reviewed December 12, 2017 via mobile

We are here and there are not enough tables occupied but the Service from kitchen is too slow let alone the courtesy of Staff!
Great ambience for a museum as not feeling much of a fine dining restaurant..

Don't go with the staff recommendation you might end up having a Stew!

Nonya is 100 times better!