“Truely Exceptional” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Oberoi, Gurgaon

The Oberoi, Gurgaon
Ranked #1 of 227 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Truely Exceptional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

I have traveled extensively around the world - mostly for business. This has afforded me the opportunity to experience many unique, varied, and high quality hotel properties, experiences and services. This hotel is the most exceptional package I have ever experienced. Service, touches that matter and are not rote, room cleanliness and quality, amenities, you name it. Big.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
OberoiGurgaon_NCR, Manager at The Oberoi, Gurgaon, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying at The Oberoi Gurgaon.

We greatly appreciate your comments and are delighted to know that you liked and enjoyed the services.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Oberoi Gurgaon soon.

Jasbir Kaur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Delhi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

well went there for my second anniversary and trust me they made it so very spl......... the ambience is breathtaking and the service it awesome...... even though we cudnot order much thanks to my hubbys throat but still the hospitality they showed is worth mentioning....
have been to many gud places but this one was really amazing...
will surely be back to njoy the ambience and the food this time wen it has to come out from my hubby's pocket... lol...

thanks again for making my surprize so spl and the visit so rememberable...

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying at The Oberoi during your recent trip to Gurgaon.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Oberoi.

Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

Great facilities, professional service and well managed meeting rooms - if you are planning a conference in Delhi you cant go far wrong with the Oberoi

The Indian restaurant in the lobby serves delicious but heavy north Indian delicacies

Don't book your excursions through the hotel, you'll pay a heavy premium

Room Tip: I had a suite - it was fabulous
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying at The Oberoi Gurgaon.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Oberoi.

Barcelona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

After meeting a friend for lunch in Delhi we popped back to her hotel, the Oberoi Gurgaon, for drinks and dessert in the 361 bar outside pool terrace. While the service was very attentive we still had to ask for the dessert menu FOUR times before someone brought it to us! That said, there was a huge amount of complimentary snacks - cheese, dried fruit, bread fresh from the oven, indian sweets - brought to our table while we polished off two bottles of Prosecco and they were all fantastic so next time we might not bother with ordering dessert anyway!

When our bill arrived we had been overcharged hugely - 4600 or so INR instead of 1600 or so INR for our drinks so NO idea how they managed that, particularly as the bill was correctly itemised. However when we got them to check it against the drinks price list they soon corrected it and gave us the coffee for free to make up for it, which was fine by us.

After going back to our friend's room to check it out (very modern, spacious, well designed...I would stay!) she called down to the concierge and specifically requested a TAXI for my BF and I to return to central Delhi and not one of the hotel's fleet cars (as we wanted to pay cash). We requested it for 7.30pm and were told we couldn't have one until 8pm - this seemed odd as there are always taxis hanging around...anyway when we went out at 8pm it turned out that the specific request had been ignored and they had sent a hotel fleet car anyway! We spoke to the dispatcher who was able to determine quickly that it was a mistake, and for the inconvenience caused gave us the fleet car to Delhi for free, so again fine by us. Our friend staying there told us that the airport pickup for her had not been there, however she identified another Oberoi driver who was able to send someone to fetch her so it wasn't a huge inconvenience, but as an apology the management sent her a beautiful gift of a silk scarf!

Overall the hotel is lovely, very modern (the Oberois I have stayed in have all been heritage hotels) so be aware of this when booking. They really need to work on the staff training so they get things right first time as well as just being very deferential and polite, however in the mean time they have clearly got the CRM right by quickly resolving issues with a customer-positive resolution so well done on that.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sparklebcn
OberoiGurgaon_NCR, Front Office Manager at The Oberoi, Gurgaon, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

The team at The Oberoi, Gurgaon remembers the interaction that we had with you. We are happy that we were able to close the issues to your satisfaction.

We hope that you treat the incidents in isolation and hope to see you back at The Oberoi, Gurgaon soon.
New Delhi, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

I visited the Oberoi Gurgaon in December. There is no doubt that it is a good property. Looked very elegant but honestly, looked little overwhelming as well. I think they could do with little less decoration. Some times, the decoration felt little discomforting, felt like I was in a wedding and not on a business trip where I wanted to clean, energizing and fresh environment.

Overall good experience. I would not discourage anyone from choosing this hotel. However, what I noticed was something very interesting and is following. As long as I was inside the hotel, I felt pretty good, slightly overwhelmed as I mentioned earlier, very well taken care of, in fact, over-taken care of. Staff was nice and overly courteous and ambience has a nice fragrance. But, what I found completely broken about this hotel was the before and after the stay part. The sales team has no integrity. They promised me something but charged me something completely different and when I went back, they said, since you had signed the contract earlier, you had already committed to what we charged you. When I went back and forth into discussions, they kept saying, since you already signed the contract, you must pay.

I was not amazed for losing a few thousand Indian rupees but the honesty and integrity of the sales staff - they under communicate during the sales process, nobody reads terms and conditions before signing up for a 5 star hotel - we just trust them and once they charge you, they just play by contract.

I was shocked by such a dishonest and deceiving sales people - I wish they could be more honest, integral and customer friendly. I kicked myself and said to myself "that's this is the reason one should always stay in a Starwood or Marriott property when travelling business".

I have learned my lessons but just wanted to warn every visitor in future to be careful before signing up for this hotel, they don't care once you have made the payment ;)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
7 Thank Ashmdy
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

Your positive sentiments about the team and the service levels have been shared with the team. This shall go a long way in ensuring that we keep up the impeccable service standards.

Your concern about the Sales and the handling has also been shared with our Head Of Sales. May I request you to drop me a line at gaurav.issar@oberoihotels.com, in order for me to understand what went wrong. You may do this only if convenient to you.

We look forward to your reply and hope to hear from you soon.
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

It's a good property with a new concept, utilising natural light everywhere still the hotel looks beautiful. Good room amenities. Hotel needs to improve taste of Jain food. Good architecture will give you good feeling.

• Stayed January 2012
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Oberoi on your trip to Gurgaon. Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

Your words of appreciation shall go a long way to motivate us to continue to deliver a high level of service to our valued guests. Your feedback regarding Jain food has been conveyed to the chefs.

Thank you for having stayed with us, we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Oberoi Gurgaon.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

The Oberoi Gurgaon is a very minimalist and modern affair. This may not work for everybody, but we loved the breathtaking design with beautiful water features.

The BMW fleet makes for a very smooth and comfortable ride from/to the airport. Once arrived, the in-room check-in is comfortable and quick. All the bedrooms are in a separate wing from the lobby and restaurant. Our room was very big, with a massive living room, beautiful modern bathroom and also a generous sized bedroom. Very comfortable and luxurious. The king size bed is heavenly. I wish all the hotels could have the same quality of beds and linen.

We liked the breakfast. The choice was extensive and the staff is taking care of every guest.

Small service issues were forgiven in this brand new hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KarinGlobal
TheOberoiGurgaon_NCR, Manager at The Oberoi, Gurgaon, responded to this review, 14 January 2012
Dear Guest ,

We greatly appreciate your comments. Your positive feedback is a source of motivation for us as we try to achieve even higher standards of service and care.

I assure you that at Oberoi hotels and resorts it is our endeavor to make our guest most comfortable, I am delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay and that you liked the hotel and the service.

Once again, I thank you for all the apreciation, the team at The Oberoi Gurgaon looks forward to welcome you back.

Regards
Amit Midha
Rooms Division Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gurugram (Gurgaon)
1.0 km away
Trident, Gurgaon
Trident, Gurgaon
#2 of 227 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,101 reviews
3.3 km away
Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi
Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi
#4 of 227 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,250 reviews
24.8 km away
ITC Grand Bharat
ITC Grand Bharat
#3 of 227 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
0.9 km away
The Leela Ambience Gurugram Hotel & Residences
The Leela Ambience Gurugram Hote...
#16 of 227 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
13.1 km away
The Leela Palace New Delhi
The Leela Palace New Delhi
#2 of 702 in New Delhi
5.0 of 5 bubbles 2,558 reviews
16.4 km away
Hyatt Regency Gurgaon
Hyatt Regency Gurgaon
#8 of 227 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)

Been to The Oberoi, Gurgaon? Share your experiences!