“Great Stay”

Lemon Tree Hotel, Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon
Ranked #32 of 237 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Reviewed 22 December 2009

Good rooms with nice ambience, great value for money in gurgaon.All facilities at the hotel were great specially the food at the cafe.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
There are newer reviews for Lemon Tree Hotel, Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon

Reviewed 13 November 2009

We initially chose this hotel from the UK as they have a good inclusive package which includes accommodation, one or two-way transfers to the airport with a tour option if required, meal options and internet access. Located about 30 - 45 minutes from Indira Gandhi International Airport, this hotel is an oasis in a built up area. The rooms are compact but comfortable and the restaurant is great. One aspect of the hotel are the great number of jokes/stories posted up on the walls of the corridors. We were impressed by the Citrus Cafe which serves up some excellent food, althought the beer was somewhat expensive compared to other places in India where we stayed. Despite this we decided to stay there again on the night before we left India.
I would recommend this hotel for overnight transit only unless one had a good reason to stay in Gurgaon (e.g. on business).

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2009

What I liked from it:
- cleanliness
- professional and polite staff
- well equipped rooms
- food in restaurant

What I didn't like:
- location - the hotel is in a middle of business district - no shops, no bars, no restaurants

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank business_traveller19
Reviewed 11 July 2009

Last month we happen to visit gurgaon and based on the good reviews in trip advisor we booked the lemon tree hotel in Udyog vihar. We found the hotel was damm over expensive. All the reviews were just over estimation of the actuality. When we reached we were actually at awe didnt know how to react and very very dissappointed. The rooms are very shabby, very very small and no exhaust fan in the bathroom. We were not looking for luxury like the Hyatt but atleast the rooms should be worth the price we pay. I personally will never recommend anyone this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank danielle093
Reviewed 25 June 2009

I stayed in this hotel with my husband in May for one night. When I saw it from outside, I was not sure whether the hotel looked nice or not. However, it is a quaint hotel and quite nice. I really liked the restaurant and the waiters were young, energetic, helpful and really nice. I was not so sure about the staff in the front desk. The rooms are not too bad. It is quite small but very clean. The problem with the hotel was that it was a bit far from he city and in a quiet place. So we found it hard to get taxis/cabs. We ended up using the hotel vehicles and they are very expensive. I would stay in this hotel again.. but the I think the price is a bit too high esp given the fact that it is neither in Delhi or in Gurgaon city.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Nomad007700
Reviewed 17 June 2009

As a frequent traveler to Delhi, I have stayed in many Delhi hotels and Lemon tree certainly ranks high amongst them.

The staff are young, energetic and always there to help you out. Special mention should go to the Restaurant, which we immensely enjoyed - especially the cartoon characters. The Buffet was really good with a wide variety of choices. The hotel is relatively new and the rooms have all the amenities you would expect in a modern hotel.

Whether it is for business or pleasure, I would certainly recommend this hotel to any one. It is quite close to the airports and shopping malls.

When you book the rooms through their website if offers you to select two complimentary services - which I thought was a nice touch. So we selected airport pick-up and drop services which were arranged perfectly. The one downside is that it could be a bit difficult to get taxi/autos right outside the hotels. So you might have to use the hotel car which is a bit more expensive.

But overall I would say this is an excellent value for money – Especially given the hotel rates in Delhi.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sriramhary
Reviewed 23 May 2009

The room and airport pickup was paid and flight details were given, but they just did't show up at the airport. That was absolutely not professional and I even if they were very nice afterwards, I don't know how much can you trust them.

I had made the reservation for one night for my mom, because it was closer to the airport. The room and hotel pick up-drop off was also paid. The day before I came to know I could also join her, but I was going to arrive later. So I phoned the hotel telling them it will be 2 people instead of 1 and gave them the flight details. the lady on the phone repeated after me the flight details correctly.
When I arrived at the hotel I found my mom was not there, they did't pick her up because "probably the lady didn't write down the flight details". But the check in form was already printed with 2 people. So she did wrote down that, but not the flight details.
My mom was waiting for 2 hours at the airport until she decided to hire a taxi.
The hotel paid for the taxi (minimum they could do) and apollogized. The next day, the taxi was on time to drive her to the airport.

I asked them to check out at 13:00 (12 noon is the check out time) and they didn't have any problem with that. When I checked out they did not charged me the extra cost for the 2nd person (me) even if the lady on the phone had told me it was going to be Rs 1000 extra. (Well, the extra rate is for the 2nd breakfast and my mom didn't have breakfast since she left at 5 am)

The hotel is nice, the decoration is very cool, rooms are comfortable, facilities are Ok, Fitness center was good. Looking at the prices of other hotels in Gurgaon, this one is good price.

The staff was very friendly, but I don't know if they are always like that or it was because they were trying to mend the damage done.

• Stayed: May 2009
1  Thank where_is_Vero
Mohinder_Singh, Hotel Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2009

Sir,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused at the airport to your mother during her recent visit to Lemon Tree Hotel, Udyog Vihar.

We have investigated the incident and found that due to incorrect advice from the airport authority, the car pick-up for your mother’s flight was sent to the international terminal, though the flight eventually landed at the domestic terminal.

May I request you, in future, to email your booking requirements directly to me at mohinder.singh@lemontreehotels.com and allow me to personally oversee the arrangements.

Thank you once again for your feedback. I do hope you will appreciate our viewpoint and continue to patronize Lemon Tree Hotels in the future.

With my best regards,