“dont stay there”
Review of The Maple Leaf

The Maple Leaf
Ranked #114 of 238 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Reviewed 14 October 2008

besides friendly staff, there was actually nothing good with this place. very dirty smelly no warm water ....

3  Thank mashtac

Reviewed 14 January 2008

I traveled to India on my own for a friend's wedding, and relatives of the groom arranged for me to stay at The Maple Leaf after looking at the other possibilities I had emailed them. I got to this small hotel about 2:30 a.m. The driver I had (also arranged by the family) from the airport made sure I got in ok. This included the gatekeeper unlocking the gate, and the driver waking up the porter inside the locked lobby. (2 people were sleeping inside the door on the benches) The porter took my suitcase into my room and asked which breakfast I wanted. I chose Indian #1 since I didn't want to have American (which he had recommended). The next morning I completed the check-in process. There was no problem with communication--everyone spoke English. Honestly, I went sightseeing for 2 days so I spent very little time in my room. When I went out, the person at the desk kept my key (their request). I never found anything amiss in my room. The breakfast was delicious all 3 days that I had it, and they delivered it to my room at the time I requested. The last morning when I had to leave at 7:30 to catch a flight, the porter cooked it himself because I needed it before the kitchen opened. The one dinner I ate there was ok--nothing special. They do not have a computer for guests, but if you have your own, they have wi-fi. I rated this above average because it met all the requirements I had (see title), and I felt fortunate to stay there after seeing some other places. The room wasn't huge, but it was comfortable with 2 twin beds and a Western-style bathroom. I don't even know if it would be considered a 3 star hotel--I never went above the lobby floor to check it out. I felt safe; I don't remember hearing any traffic noise; they offered to turn on the heater in my room when I got there (which I did not want); always asked if I had any laundry (sent out my jeans and they came back fine the next morning); and were helpful when I had questions. The only thing I got confused about was the hot water. Be sure and ask them to turn on the water heater (or if they have it on) for your room 10-15 minutes before you want to shower. Delhi was great. Of course, it was helpful to have been hooked up with a knowledgeable, competent, honest driver. (BTW, I highly recommend hiring a car/driver.) I never would have seen what I saw without him. All that said...it wasn't cheap--$222 US for 3 nights (including the night I arrived). I'll add photos as soon as I find them. Their website has an accurate picture; however, there are building on either side of the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank Ataegina
Travellers also viewed these Gurugram (Gurgaon) hotels
1.6 km away
La Residence
La Residence
#93 of 238 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
0.2 km away
OYO Rooms Cyber Hub DLF
OYO Rooms Cyber Hub DLF
#180 of 238 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
0.6 km away
Sun Villa
Sun Villa
#47 of 238 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
1.6 km away
The Mayflower
The Mayflower
#144 of 238 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
1.4 km away
Lemon Tree Hotel, Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon
Lemon Tree Hotel, Udyog Vihar, G...
#33 of 238 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
1.5 km away
Treebo Zion Residency
Treebo Zion Residency
#68 of 238 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)

Been to The Maple Leaf? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Maple Leaf

Address: 5 Jacaranda Marg | DLF Cyber City, Phase 2, Gurugram (Gurgaon) 122002, India
Region: India > Haryana > Gurgaon District > Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Room Service Airport Transportation
Ranked #114 of 238 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Price Range: $36 - $63 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — The Maple Leaf 3.5*
The Maple Leaf is an international standard budget hotel located in the green surroundings of DLF Cyber City, Gurgaon. Our Gurgaon Guest House provides clean, safe hotel rooms equipped with comfortable beds, en-suite bathing facilities, satellite television and air conditioning. We also offer conference facilities in Gurgaon with setup for 20-150 guests in customized arrangements. While we take pride in offering home like comforts and environment, we also provide world class facilities like Free Wi-Fi access, 100% power back-up, 24 hour room service, laundry service, travel desk and other guest services to make your stay at our Guest House in Gurgaon comfortable and relaxing. Our Guest House in Gurgaon is located just 30 minutes from both the domestic & international airports, and conveniently close to all that Gurgaon has to offer. From its skyscrapers which house leading Fortune 500 companies to its fashionable malls, golf courses, cafes and entertainment centers. So if you are looking to book one of the best Guest House in Gurgaon, please get in touch with us at +91-124-401-0005 ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Maple Leaf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.