We stayed in the Himalayan for 6 nights in August. We chose it basis reviews on tripadvisor and were not disappointed.
We stayed in a cottage. Booked on Agoda.
The positives :
1. Luxury cottage - well appointed, with 2 rooms, a living room and a dining room with a kitchen.
2. Kitchen has full infrastructure. You need to buy provisions.
3. Swimming pool.
4. Library. All 3 of us borrowed a book each and completed it during the stay.
5. Orchards laden with apples and flowers. Green grass and nice benches to sit on and read or enjoy the setting.
6. Trampoline - daughter enjoyed it.
7. Mountain views
8. Excellent service. All staff are attentive and prompt. Even if any issue comes up they fix it fast.
9. Management and owners (I met Neeraj) are hands on and available to help the guests. They are generous by nature.
10. Location - 15-20 minutes walk to Mall Road. Close enough and yet away from the hustle. Easy proximity helps.
Negatives - could not find any. Okay maybe the wifi (which is free) is erratic. Nothing the management can do about it in the mountains !
In summary, if you you are looking for a relaxed comfortable stay this is a great place. Highly recommend the cottage as it has the best comforts and views. It also has the convenience of making your own cuppa or cooking something for a change.
Thoroughly enjoyed. Value for money stay, although cottage is not cheap. Best for families which needs 2 bed rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched at an elevation of 2003 metres & built in the Victorian Gothic Revival style, The Himalayan is an exclusive boutique castle resort with an al fresco swimming pool overlooking Manali town. Tucked away in its own cul-de-sac amidst an apple & cherry orchard are 8 opulent guest Chambers in the Castle (all with four-poster beds & antique armoires) and 8 Duplex Cottages (each with 2 Bedrooms complete with en-suite bathrooms, dining & drawing space with functional fire place). The Cottage kitchenettes are equipped with all modern amenities/appliances. All cottages have their own cosy gardens, balconies & mountain views. All rooms come with tea/coffee makers, in-room safes & bespoke bath amenities. Bar, Restaurant & In-room dining is available. Croquet, Trampoline & Table Tennis is provided for children & adults alike. Gymnasium is offered on the premises. Fully equipped Boardroom. An elaborate Spa will be added in the near future. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your The Himalayan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.