“Great setting, but service was very mixed”
Review of Hotel Lasermo

Hotel Lasermo
Ranked #27 of 77 Hotels in Leh
Reviewed 16 November 2016

Lasermo has a great location, tucked away in the Himalayas, with epic views of the mountains from the roof terrace. The rooms are large and reasonably comfortable.

The service lets this place down though - our radiator leaked yellow fluid each of the three nights we stayed and the staff did not seem to be too concerned. Their solution was a small bowl under the radiator to catch the drips, which predictably overflowed. We had to ask several times to change rooms and then when they finally relented they didn't bother cleaning it on our last day. Disappointing - you don't expect immaculate service at this price, but you do expect something...

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed in Lasermo for 5 nights and we are checking out tomorrow. So,before check out I want to share my experience with you regarding Hotel Lasermo.This is one of oldest hotel in leg since more then 30 years.I must say what a hotel this is.They have well trained staff serving always smiling, excellent foods,24 hours hot n cold water,perfect location and most important point is it'd unique hotel with traditional style. This is my one of memorable vacation and I will definitely recommend Lasermo to every one who wants to go leh.All the best Lasermo Team beat of luck.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Sanjay S
Reviewed 18 August 2016

After a long challenging drive through the Himalayas< driving across dangerous routes and mountains, also coming from the Bharalacha passe and many other challenging roads, it was such a pleasure to be warmly welcomed by the hotel Manager with shawls and hot masalla chai. we were given a room 444 on the 3rd floor which for me was a hard climb. The room had a terrace view top beside it overlooking the mountains behind. It was huge with a super huge bathroom too. Unfortunately we could stay only one night as it was truly challenging climbing up with my bad knees.

The owner of the hotel Mr M.Ashraf was truly very kind and understood my problem. He immediately made a change to room 107 which was as comfortable and only 1 storey high. The room was super comfy and good clean bathroom too.
I must compliment Mr Ashraf's very warm and comfortable hospitality during our entire stay in his hotel. On our last leg he even gave us a Suite Room which was truly a bliss staying in it overlooking such beautiful scenic mountains that just imagining it brings tears to my eyes.
We would also like to compliment John - the FMB Manager and his Team members especially Raju and Guru who truly took care of our meals as if we were at home. Each and every meal was specially prepared with care and precision to our taste buds. not only that they went out to make dishes like sizzlers and Chinese cuisines just to suite us. Above all that during the days we were truly exhausted from so much sightseeing where we had no energy to go down to eat, they brought sandwiches to our room to ensure we do not go to sleep hungry. This was truly care to the max where we were ultimately pampered and spoilt to the max.
Our tour guide and Driver - Mr Gulam was also truly very professional at his work and drove us safely all over Ladakh esp the drive to Panggong Lake was truly a challenging drive. Yet he made us very comfortable and looked after us very well indeed.
Once again Thank you Mr Ashraf and all team members for going out all the way to make our stay the most comfortable and making us feel so special.
With regards to hotel this is what you need to take note of
- the wifi is good on the ground floor near the lobby- otherwise it all depends on their network. ours work good only for 2 days out of our 4 days stay.
- you cant buy a local sim in this area and neither a prepaid from outside this area works. so only postpaid card works here
- hotel is old but well taken care off- maybe a little more upgrade and improvisation work will make it shine once again
-rooms on 1st floor seems best to me. the new wing has suites but no lift so climbing stairs was a problem for people like me
-plenty of shops and main market area at a walking distance.
-whole road side is under some major construction so it was a little inconvenient for cars.
over all this was a perfect stay in the perfect hotel for us.

Room Tip: rooms on the roof top with terraces are best if you can climb. otherwise try the 1st storey rooms fo...
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Razta
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

Unfriendly staff as if they dont care for the guests.
A vegetable sandwich costs you 250 Rupees @ of a five star hotel !
No Hot water after 11 am. Guests uninformed of the same!
The room adjacent to the kitchen and a gas bank view from the window !

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2016

This was our 3rd stay with Lasermo, en-route our biking expedition and as always the service, hospitality was of up-teem standard. We had booked about 17 Rooms and yet again the hospitality of the owner and the staff has to much appreciated.

The staff is quite friendly and agile and always with a willing to help smile.

The rooms have all amenities one could expect in this terrain & are quite cozy. Fooding is quite good as well just that the number of courses can be re-worked upon.

All in all an excellent stay with Team Lasermo and looking forward yet again.

1  Thank TeamAspen
Reviewed 24 July 2016

I'm guessing most people stay there for only 1 day, which may be why this place is rated so highly.
we stayed for 7 days and used it as a base for travel.

very very overpriced
staff completely untrained, no idea of service at all, nice guys I'm sure, but no idea of service.
the manager sat at reception and watched TV all day.

we booked the most expensive room, the terrace suite, we ended up moving to one of the cheaper rooms
there was no water, no hot no cold, no water at all.
the TV subscription had expired, important when you need to adjust to the altitude.
I complained to the manager, who argued about it, unbelievable, I suggested we move to a cheaper room, no discount.
The cheaper room at least had running water.

no wifi, no usable wifi, had wifi only in garden and it was so slow it wasn't usable, go to any cafe was much faster and free anyway
the light in the bathroom was so dim you needed a torch anyway.

we went away for two days, and came back and the room wasn't cleaned, empty coffee cups, food still there, they don't clean the rooms ever.

the included breakfast was stale everything and we were charged twice for it, even though it was supposed to be included in the room.

It's at the bottom of a hill.

I've stayed at better places that were one fifth of the price, for example in Dharamshala and in Diskit.

mainly just way way overpriced.

Room Tip: avoid this hotel
2  Thank Craig W
Hotel-lasermo, General Manager at Hotel Lasermo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

Dear Customer,

I am extremely sorry that you had such a bad experience at our hotel but I am also sorry to disagree with you on some of the things you mentioned above , some of which are 'there was no water at all' , Sir how can it be possible that there is no water at all . I would like to remind you that we got many more rooms other than the one you were staying in and if it was like as you said than I think all the others should have complaint too but we have got 99.9% customer satisfaction rate.And sir it is a very well known fact that you have to leave your room key if you want your room to be serviced but in your case you didn't leave the key once and our hotel policy is very strict on using of master key. Regarding the WiFi , I would like to tell you that we have got everything required for a fast net but in leh the services are not very good and the net speed will be same at all places at the same time. I would also like to tell you that our staff is very much trained and well experienced and I am sorry that you didn't like them. And other than that I would like you to know that we have got national and international clients that stay for more than 15 days and they visit every year. Sir, in your case I have come to know that you were unhappy with the extra billing for the food which was not included in your package.And Still I would like to apologize once more on behalf of our management and I would like and would ask you to come and stay with us once again, so that we can prove you wrong.Hope you would give us a chance in the future. Best Regards Management Hotel Lasermo , Leh.

Reviewed 21 July 2016

Having been to Leh number of times in last few years, Lasermo should be the best place I have stayed at so far. Its not about luxury or the blinds, its the service. Staff are very friendly and always ready to help. Kitchen staff go extra mile to satisfy your craving. Overall, a good decent hotel located in the heart of the city.

Only two downside would be lack of wifi in the room and lack of AC/Fan, which could kind of be hard and uncomfortable in summers,

3  Thank Subodh S