2,465 results
All reviewspolo cluble jardinrain treerim naammg roadan oasisbutler servicebusiness tripchinese restaurantexcellent servicebeautiful hotelbusy citythe heart of the cityroom servicein room diningspecial thanksbusiness hotel
Reviewed March 24, 2016

If you've been to Bangalore, you know how noisy and chaotic it can be. I can't think of a better antidote that a stay at the Oberoi. From the moment you enter the gate you feel like you've entered a different world. The hotel is centered around a magnificent old raintree, under whose branches the 3 acre or so garden spreads out. There are fishponds (you can ask at the adjacent restaurant for a few pieces of bread to feed the enormous koi), a small waterfall, and a wonderful pool and deck to either lap swim or sunbath at. The pool as well as the health club and spa are open 24/7 - which for those of us arriving with a 12 hour time difference is fantastic. You can arrive on one of the standard flights at 2am and go straight to a massage if you like.

I could go on and on, but one last thing I should mention is that they have multiple on-site restaurants - two are specialty restaurants - one is Thai, the other Chinese. I'd heard from a local gastronomic contract that the thai restaurant is FABULOUS - but this trip I only had time to try their non-specialty restaurant "Le Jardin" - which was having a Kashmiri food week. The food was fantastic and the servers were over-the-top helpful in describing dishes and accommodating (bringing over samples, etc).

I should also mention that wi-fi internet speeds were fantastic - I was getting solid 10mbps downloads and uploads. I wasn't viewing Netflix or anything though - just doing a lot of remote data work and some face-time with family.

Room Tip: The rooms all have a balcony. Some are more shaded by the huge raintree. Let them know if you prefer a more shaded balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Oberoi_Bengaluru, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2016

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Oberoi and I thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed the tranquil surroundings and accommodation of the hotel. It is also a pleasure to read your observation on our magnificent Raintree. She is the guardian angel of our property - In fact the hotel’s entire architecture and design has been built around her. She is over a century old and remains our star

It is also a delight to read your positive review of our overall product, facilities, restaurants, food, service and also on our internet speed.

Thank you for joining us in our Kashmiri Food Festival. All of us are so glad that you enjoyed the cuisine from this section of our country

The team and I are extremely grateful for your support and will look forward to your continued patronage.

Reviewed March 22, 2016

You will feel like a Rajah when you stay at the Oberoi. Every single person on staff, from the General Manager to the bellman, are there to meet every need. If we had any issues, they seemed to be genuinely disappointed and personally affected. I got emails from the General Manager directly making sure we were comfortable and had a nice stay. I'll compare this to our stay at Leela Palace in New Delhi, where the service fell far short. If you want to stay at one of the finest hotels you'll ever stay at, book at the Oberoi - Bangalore.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank illiniraj
Oberoi_Bengaluru, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2016

Dear Guest,

It was wonderful having you stay with us during your visit to our city.

Thank you for the time that you have spared to post your review on TripAdvisor. Your time and feedback is precious to us.

The Oberoi, Bengaluru experience is all about people working together to create beautiful memories for all our guests and I am delighted to note that we were able to serve you well.

It is the encouraging feedback from patrons like you which keeps us motivated to strive for excellence in all aspects and we value it a lot.

Thank you once again for your time and your gracious comments and we all await your return back soon.

With best regards

Reviewed March 22, 2016

The Oberoi Bangalore is the best place on all the three parameters:
1. Comfort and Luxury in the room
2. Very nice food and
3. Most importantly Customer Service.

I have stayed in many properties across many cities, but the care and service provided by this place is unmatchable.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Oberoi_Bengaluru, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2016

Dear Guest,

It was such a pleasure to have you stay at The Oberoi during your visit to Bengaluru and I thank you very much for the review that you have posted on TripAdvisor.

Excellent accommodation, delectable cuisine and friendly service make a great stay and we are delighted on having been able to provide you with such an experience.

All of us are truly delighted to note that you found our serivce unmatchable. I am overwhelmed each time by the commitment of our team to create fond memories for our guests. I have shared your feedback with the entire team and they are humbled by your praise and recognition.

We are grateful for you support and look forward to your valued patronage.

Best Wishes

Reviewed March 21, 2016

The staff are helpful, the hotel is beautiful, the pool and gym are great, the garden is serene, and I am impressed by how much they offer that is complementary (e.g., numerous bottles of water, extra turndowns, juices upon arrival, help packing, posting of postcards). Don't let yourself get hooked into the hotel-airport transport though -- it's super pricey compared to the standard airport taxi alternative.

Room Tip: I've been in two rooms. All of them have a great view of the gardens.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for a great review and such generous appreciation.

Our setting and personalized service are our biggest strengths and we are delighted to know that you concur.

We are constantly striving to anticipate guest needs and create memories for them. The entire team is proud of the hotel and it is so special to know that the pride reflects in our work.

Your review is all what we want our guests to perceive us as and we are really grateful to you for sharing it with us.

We acknowledge your comments on our airport drop charges which you found high and we would like to thank you for this feedback.

Thank you once again for your time and review and we look forward to welcoming you back many more times.

With best regards,

Anshul.Kaul@oberoihoels.com telsoc.om

Reviewed March 20, 2016 via mobile

Stylish room (wood floors, big bath), lovely gardens and pool, delicious Thai restaurant, fabulous service, convenient location. They had some breakfast in the room (pastry, coffee, fruit, juice) upon my very early arrival. So thoughtful. Such an oasis.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review which you have so kindly posted on TripAdvisor.

I really appreciate your comments not only on our product, but also for your compliments on our location, ambiance, pool, Rim Naam, our Thai restaurant, breakfast and service .

The Oberoi , with its convenient location in the centre of the city on M.G.Road, is close to the business, financial and shopping arcades of Bengaluru, making it an ideal hotel both for a business traveller as well as for a family get-away.

It’s our team that makes our hotel special – I am very lucky to have a dedicated team of ladies and gentlemen who do all they can to delight our guests and ensure they carry everlasting and fond memories. I have shared your compliments with entire team for whom it has been a great source of inspiration.

At The Oberoi, it is our endeavour to ensure that every guest leaves as an ambassador of our hotel. We are delighted to read that we have exceeded your expectations.

We thank you once again for your recommendation and for such a delightful review and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Yours sincerely,