“The Ultimate Yoga retreat”

Shreyas Yoga Retreat
London, United Kingdom
“The Ultimate Yoga retreat”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

There are yoga retreats and yoga retreats... This one sits at the top of the list for peace, serenity, support, friendly service, yoga teaching, meditation practice and teaching, treatments, yoga and an all encompassing yoga experience. The attention to detail is second to none and the service comes with love, kindness and a pride to serve. I spent 9 days there in June - the weather was around 24 degrees C, a light wind, a light smattering of rain for about 5 mins every afternoon. I didn't find the need to want to watch movies, listen to the radio, read the news and although I did take my laptop to keep in touch with home the desire to turn it on was rare. The gardens are spectacular and tended with such love and care. I felt quite honoured to be aloud to join the community picking vegetables, okra, chillies, herbs and spices. The visit to a local orphanage was humbling. The chanting meditation was a joy and something that I've taken home with me to practice on a daily basis. I spent 3 days as the only guest and the staff were amazing at looking out for me and making sure that I had everything that I needed. I can't recommend this place highly enough. There are trains that rattles along the track, just on the boundary of the grounds, with the driver sitting on his horn day and night to let those walking along the track know that he is approaching fast - After 24 hours it was just a background noise that didn't even effect meditation or my sleep - it became part of the peace. Book it and try it out for yourself...... you'll love it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Caroline K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Shreyas is a truly special place. Yes, it is beautiful and yes, the yoga, meditation, massages and the food are nothing short of outstanding. But what sets this place apart is the people. The care, kindness and dedication they put in everything they do is unmatchable. Every single person makes you feel welcome and genuinely taken care of, while respecting your space and privacy with the highest standard of professionalism. I strongly recommend the ayurvedic package. I arrived exhausted and in just one week I was renewed and strengthened, leaving Shreyas with notions of inner balance and nutrition I will be able to integrate in my hectic life.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 January 2012

The best thing about this place was the service and the people. Anybody can have a lovely peaceful property and Shreyas was definitely one but it was their attention to detail which made all the difference. Right from the attention given by dr. Prarthana throughout my stay there to the shoe elves who would magically appear and turn ur footwear around so that when u step out of a room ur feet can slip in straightaway without u having to turn urself around. Must visit place! Completely destresses u.

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank Bhaswana
Le Tampon, Reunion Island
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I'm just back from a week stay at Shreyas for a culinary package . The Chef Rame and Sous Chef Rajan are excellent trainers . Their recipes are ll but short and easy to make : very healthy and lightly spicy - in a word tasty and flavoured food ! I took great pleasure in attending my course always eager to learn more about the vegetarian recipes . The staff at Shreyas all all efficient and caring ! I feel rejuvenated after treatment , Yoga , and meditation course as well . I would highly recommend this intimate and heavenly haven ......
Serge .G ( Réunion Island )

Room Tip: Cottage tent rooms are gorgeous !
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank lebeauserge675133
Wandering Kiwi
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I stayed in the tent chalets and would do so again, fabulous. Food is varied and delicious, even though I am not a vegetarian I did not miss meat at all as the tastes and quantity were always spot on. I was a yoga beginner and the instructors were understanding, supportive and helpful, I loved it, no pressure. The highlight though is the staff attitude and their service, impeccably professional, polite and friendly. Always willing to help sort out anything, no problem is to small. I was sad to leave the genuine care I felt while staying at Shreyas and re-enter the real world! No problem, I will be back..

Regarding the bad review from "coldparis" 25 Dec 2011 on this website, this must be the type of person who turns up in Italy and complains the tower in Pisa is not straight and is leaning over.

Room Tip: Stay by the pool or if you prefer seclusion the garden chalets are great
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank gnt4breAKFAST
New York
Reviewed 22 January 2012

First, I would like to make a comment on the review that is listed prior to mine. If any reasonable person reads all the other glowing reviews prior to this one , you will understand that that reviewer was not so reasonable. I was at the resort at the same time as the individual who wrote that review.

There are some people who you meet that you so much hope that at some time they will be happy This woman had a negative comment or opinion about everything and even things related to the other guests. She should not have come to such a special wonderful place and I often wondered why she chose such it. The spirit of the place is to grow, explore, rest, an eat wonderful food. She seemed just focused on finding fault. I made many offerings for her in my prayers.

During my stay, there were only a few guests party due to the time of the year,and partly due to the struggling European economy. With the exception of the person I mentioned, I met the most wonderful people. Every guest who came and went while I was there, was friendly, warm, interesting and very interested in what Shreyas had to offer them. They were open to possibilities. Every day and minute that I felt like a royal. Every class was available to me or the other few guests, the meals were all wonderfully and deliciously prepared, my experience was the best I have had globally at resorts such as this.

I am an seasoned yoga practitioner and I frequently travel on yoga retreats throughout the world. My yoga practice deepend significantly as a result of the wonderful teachers at Shreyas. I expanded my knowledge of pranayama, meditation, yoganidra, etc. It was a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend Shreyas to everyone, and I have. I also spent a day farming and serving lunch at an orphanage. The latter is supported by both Shreyas and many of the former guests. Like my entire 16 day stay, it was a memorable experience.

Don't be shy! The beauty of Shreyas is that it is run like an Ashram with a plethora of wonderful classes and activities, BUT, tyou can choose to just sit at the pool and absorb all of the good karma.

Namaste

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank stelmarkit
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Shreyas is paradise.
I never received so much attention in each and every detail. Each and every member of staff went far out of his (or her) way, so to make our stay memorable.
I have never felt so energised and healthy after a holiday. All the activities in Shreyas contributed to balance and serenity. The food was special and I can only recommend this gem with enthusiasm!
Giacomo

Room Tip: Garden Bungalows are better than the poolside rooms, due to more privacy
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple