“Can't Recommend this Hotel”

Mapple Express Bangalore
Ranked #278 of 662 Hotels in Bengaluru
San Jose, CA
“Can't Recommend this Hotel”
Reviewed 23 September 2007

I chose this hotel solely based on location. It was only about 10 minutes away from my company.

The hotel was generous enough to pick me up from the airport free of charge. But the driver they sent asked me for a tip 5 or 6 times during the ride to the hotel. Actually that's pretty much all he talked about and wasn't very pleasant about it either. I was surprise he didn't pull into a dark alley and shake me down for some dough.

It took these guys 4 days to get some internet WiFi cards. Every day I heard the same story... "oh... tomorrow for sure! I'll go pick it up personally" and the same weak apology, "sorry, we don't have any yet." Took them 2 days to get me a hair dryer. After a week they called me down and insisted that I pay 1/2 my stay in advance and I should pay cash. Completely ridiculous... I finally cleared this up with the manager.

I went to Dehli over the weekend and requested airport pickup. I confirmed with the hotel reception 3 time before I left. They never wrote anything down. I even asked them if they need to write anything down. The response was "no problem sir, I'll take care of it." They didn't show up... surprised?

This was the most awful experience I had at any hotel by far. They can't pay me enough to come back....

If you must stay in the Whitefield area I recommend:
The Mark Boulevard

Both have nice rooms and pleasant staff.

• Liked — next to domino's pizza
  • Disliked — incompetent staff
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Bengaluru hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Travellers also viewed these Bengaluru hotels
0.5 km away
1.9 km away
RBD Sarovar Portico
RBD Sarovar Portico
#110 of 662 in Bengaluru

Been to Mapple Express Bangalore? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Mapple Express Bangalore

Property: Mapple Express Bangalore
Address: 7 E I T P L Road | 1st Phase ITPL Road, Bengaluru 560048, India (Formerly Mapple Whitefield Bangalore)
Region: India > Karnataka > Bangalore District > Bengaluru
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #278 of 662 Hotels in Bengaluru
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Mapple Express Bangalore 3.5*
Mapple Express is a 54 rooms briskly buzzing business hotel in the heart of software county, Bangalore. 45 kms from the airport.Mapple Express is a haven for the discerning business traveler. In the words of an eminent guest 'Mapple is young, trendy & charming, a place you can actually just be yourself.' ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mapple Express Bangalore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Mapple Whitefield Bangalore Hotel Bangalore