“Good quality creative food...and you can also enjoy the full menu from the main restaurant!”

Polo Club (The Oberoi)
Ranked #29 of 11,619 Restaurants in Bengaluru
Price range: US$11 - US$17
Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ulsoor
Description: The Polo Club is a classic pub with an alfresco ambience. One of a kind in Bangalore and a perfect reflection of the garden city! It is open, fresh, warm and very lively, allowing guests to take in the gorgeous climes. DECOR The walls are adorned with vintage photographs of the Raj era depicting scenes from the stately game of Polo. Rich use of leather, wood and stained glass lends the bar a warm and lived in hue. It has breathtaking views of the garden in the hotel and the cool breeze which adds to the evening drink and the fresh sunshine which brightens the mornings and the afternoons. It has live entertainment in terms of a wonderful solo band who strums your favourite retro and popular tunes each evening amongst flickering candle light and quaint lamps. The appeal of this bar is its alfresco feel. The seating accentuates from the warm indoors to the verandah under a gentle shade and the portico under the open sky. Each area gives one a unique feeling. The indoor relives an English bar with rich leather sofas, rosewood chairs with wicker finish and wood flooring . All adorned with lithographs and photos of the game of Polo from the Raj era. The verandah is ideal for the alfresco feel. It allows the perfect vantage point to enjoy the serene view of the gardens. Enjoy the open air feel with the perfect shade provided by the patio and the comfortable wicker work chairs giving the ideal touch for a great time over a few cocktails or wine. The outside portico almost makes you feel you are in an elegant picnic in an English garden.. All of this matched with Bangalore pleasant weather.. Irresistible !
Reviewed August 10, 2018

Loved this restaurant. Such a wonderful ambiance with AMAZING staff and great food! Devati was so thoughful, even bringing me a shawl when she saw I was a bit cold. They had very creative choices on the menu such as mozzerella icecream (which I recommend) PLUS you could get the full menu from the main Le Jardin restaurant, but still sit in the Polo Club. I really enjoyed all my visits here and look forward to going next time!

Oberoi_Bengaluru, General Manager at Polo Club (The Oberoi), responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Dear Jo P,

Thank you very much for taking time to post such an amazing review of Polo Club.

I am delighted to read your wonderful comments about our service and our food.

I am very lucky to have a dedicated team of ladies and gentlemen who do all they can to delight our guests and create everlasting memories. I have shared your compliments with our entire team, including Devati, for whom they have been a great source of inspiration.

The team and I look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

The sandwiches at the Polo Club were delicious and so was the coffee. Service was prompt and friendly. The ambience is beautiful and quiet. Perfect for a quick working lunch or a nice evening with friends and loved ones.

Oberoi_Bengaluru, General Manager at Polo Club (The Oberoi), responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Dear Tpawar,

We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor.

We are happy to note that you enjoyed your experience at The Polo Club.

I have conveyed your compliments to the team at The Polo Club, including our chefs, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

The team and I look forward to the delight of welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

Went for dinner with a group of 5.
Beautiful garden and outside dinning possobilities.
Limited food choice, but all I tasted was great.
For sure I will come back next time I am around!

Oberoi_Bengaluru, General Manager at Polo Club (The Oberoi), responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2018

Dear Calvanloey,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Polo Club on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to read your positive review for our ambience and food.

With regards to your feedback on our food variety - my apologies for having let you down. On your next visit, our Executive Chef, Ajit Raman would be glad to meet with you to tailor-make a menu for you based on your preferences. Alternatively, you could also write to him at ajit.raman@oberoihotels.com and share more details about your dining experience.
Thank you so much for caring enough to share your comments on this forum. We hope to continue being your preferred hotel in Bengaluru.

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

A great evening out. Nice to sit out with the weather permitting. Food is delicious. Th staff is quiet and attentive. It is a very mellow setting.

Dear Neesha V

Thank you for taking time to update your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are happy to note that you enjoyed your experience at Polo Club. It is our constant endeavor to deliver our best and appreciation such as yours increase our motivation to continually aspire to achieve the expectations that our guests have of us.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 14, 2018

this is bar with open space, and if you need piravacy, then the is not for you. you can have casual. but atmosphere is very good, it is misled of city, but it given you feeling like dining in a resort.

Oberoi_Bengaluru, General Manager at Polo Club (The Oberoi), responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2018

Dear RSK2727,

Thank you for sharing your views for Polo Club on TripAdvisor.

While we are happy to read your compliments for our ambience, I regret that you left dissatisfied with some aspects. It is our endeavour to ensure that every guest leaves as an ambassador of our hotel. In your case, we clearly failed to do so and for that please do accept my sincere apologies.

I request you to please write to me directly at generalmanager.bengaluru@oberoihotels.com and share the reasons for your dissatisfaction, so that I can better understand and investigate your comments and then take appropriate action to address them, as needed. Once again my sincere apologies for not providing you with a memorable experience.

My team and I would truly appreciate it if you give us another chance to deliver a more enjoyable and memorable hotel experience in the future.