I stayed in this hotel during our Honeymoon in June 2011 and we couldnt have asked for more. It is a very well kept hotel. the rooms are very spacious, clean, and beautifully decorated. And the Bathrooms too are equally good, very clean, big and nicely planned (If you are a little fussy about that, you will love this place). the property in itself is very beautiful. It is also very strategically located in the fort Kochi and most of the tourist places are at a stone's throw. the best part about the hotel was its service. the staff is extremely helpful and hospitable. the food is good but a little expensive. What i suggest is, you should have the meals at the nearby restaurants which are comparatively cheaper. there are a lot of dhabas near the Chinese Fishing nets which serve good and cheap local cuisines. overall you will not be disappointed with this hotel at all. It was because of this hotel that we prefer staying in Heritage hotels whichever city we visit. It changed our mindsets completely from liking the Business hotels to the Heritage hotels now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dempo Resorts and the historic Tea BungalowThe guiding force behind Tea Bungalow is Mr.Vivek Dempo founder of Dempo Resorts. The Dempo Family is one of the oldest families of Goa, who controlled the coconut trade from the 16th to the 19th Century. They also owned large cargo sailing ships which sailed from Goa to the African Ports of Portuguese colonies like Mozambique and Angola in the Indian Ocean.The restoration and decoration of Tea Bungalow has been a labour of love for Mr. Dempo. He has crafted an escape from the humdrum, noisy, soul-killing rush of everyday life. Tea Bungalow offers a tranquil place to step away for a while, to centre your thoughts and get the balance you need.Tea Bungalow occupies pride of place in the heart of the exclusive heritage area of Fort Cochin. Cochin (Kochi) is made up of three districts: Ernakulam, Wellington Island and Fort Cochin. The bungalow was built in 1912 and run as a workshop and office of a UK Company called United Carpets engaged in the manufacture and export of coir and spices. Brooke Bond the tea company bought the bungalow in 1956 and christened it Brooke Bond Bungalow which housed the top management of Brooke Bond & Company. Dignitaries used this bungalow for important meetings. Its history of spice and tea brought about its new avatar - Tea Bungalow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Tea Bungalow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tea Bungalow Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Tea Bungalow Kochi (Cochin), India - Kerala