My wife and I stayed here for two nights from 7 March 2012 at the start of an individually arranged tour of South India. While we arrived at the hotel from the airport at 0830hrs we were given a great suite immediately rather than waiting for the usual check-in time of 1200hrs. The first thing that struck us was the friendly efficiency of the reception staff and easy manner in which we were 'signed in' followed by the seamless transfer of luggage to our top floor suite and the guided tour of the hotel facilities while sipping a welcome cold fruit juice. Our bedrooom was enormous with a good sized bathroom (shower only) and a veranda facing the sea. I had noted that on a previous entry a complaint had been made about the noise from the passing ships and the ferry service adjacent to the hotel. The waterway here is indeed very busy. However, this did not bother either of us and at night there seems to be a noise embargo. The hotel facilities are outstanding and include a beautiful pool with outdoor dining area and a motor launch on which guests are offered free sun-down cruises lasting about one hour. The food was excellent with a good choice but mostly South Indian (not as hot/spicy as in Rajasthan) but the outstanding features were really the quality of the service and the spotless cleanliness of the entire property. This hotel is part of the CGH Earth group (as we discovered later when we stayed in some of their other properties) and not only would my wife and I strongly recommend this hotel but every other one in the chain in which we stayed. We were not troubled by 'mossies' but we had taken the precaution of using a suitable spray before going out of the hotel. The hotel, although open plan on the ground floor ensures that the area is mosquito free by regular spraying. Situated on the Cochin Fort part of Cochin (Kochi) the hotel is well positioned for walks to all the local sites including the Chinese nets (still in use) and several old colonial buildings and churches. A terrific place as an introduction to South India.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This CGH Earth property is located in Fort Cochin, right in the middle of all the historic monuments, right in front of the mouth of the harbour, and with a magnificent view of all the grand ships coming into Cochin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Brunton Boatyard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brunton Boatyard Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Brunton Boatyard Kochi (Cochin), India - Kerala
- Brunton Boatyard Cochin